Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on July 28, 2012
I truly enjoyed reading Blackhearted Betrayal. This book is more than the typical male/female realationship. Riss and Scott are still together, so do not despair. What really kept me reading are Riss' realationship with her fellow furies and partners. I won't put as much detail as others, but if you are looking for a great read that won't disapoint in the end, it is worth the $7.99 purchase price. That says a lot for me as I am tight with my money in today's ecconomy.
on June 26, 2012
Leaving the Magical Crimes Unit in the capable hands of her partner, Trinity, Riss is taking a much needed leave of absence to help her mother sort out the troubles in the Sisterhood of Furies. The Furies are charged with keeping the peace between all the Arcane and Mundane races, and have always remained impartial. However, something has changed and some of the Furies are favoring a certain god over the other, bringing about the start of a civil war that could throw both gods and mortals alike into its chaos. Tasked with preventing the devastation such a war would cause, Riss and a very select few allies set out to bring down the ones responsible and find a danger greater than any of them has every faced.

Based on the setup of the previous installment, I had been expecting Blackhearted Betrayal to be centered in the middle of the political mess going on in the sisterhood. I was particularly excited about this because I knew the emotions and tensions would be flying due to the Fury's being very quick to temper, hopefully making things much more action packed this time around. However, Kasey took the stakes even higher by throwing in unruly gods and goddesses. In fact, this addition brought a whole new element to the series, and really ratcheted my enjoyment level up several notches especially considering how big of a fan I am of Greek and Egyptian mythology. Granted, these gods and goddesses were referred to in the previous books, but they didn't really play a role in things. Bringing them to the forefront made me one very happy camper. Considering the way things ended I doubt they will be returning to be background anytime soon.

I was so happy to see Riss being back to her usual tough as nails self. I'm not sure what happened in Green Eyed Envy, but she was definitely too weak in the gills for my taste. In Blackhearted Betrayal, her fire and fierceness are back and better than ever. Granted, the situation she is placed under probably has a lot to do with her will being "re-ironed" as there is an incredible amount at stake. That re-found iron will was thoroughly tested in this book, and Riss never once faltered despite the odds and high costs. I was especially impressed with the way she stood her ground and held true to her quest despite it almost costing her what she holds the most dear. In fact, Riss realizes how far she is willing to go and just how much she would sacrifice to uphold her duty. Trust me, she definitely isn't found lacking this time around, and proves very worthy of her station as a Fury.

I'm a little worried about the continuation of the series as the only information I could find on Kasey's website was that she was contracted for three books. It would really be a shame if there weren't more books because I feel like we have only scratched the surface of potential in these books. So I'll definitely be crossing my fingers for more. A vast improvement over the last installment, Blackhearted Betrayal has completely renewed my faith in the Shades of Fury Series, and shouldn't be missed.
on October 4, 2013
Hang on and enjoy the ride! Lots of twists and turns on just who was the bad guy. Great continuation of the story and nothing was left hanging. The Fury and the Hound solidified their relationship and left me cheering for them to succeed. There were definitely some tearful moments, but Risa' s often humorous view of the often dire situations, kept the book moving. If you like lots of action and strong, determined women, then this is the book for you.
I really love all the covers of this series. Riss's leave of absence doesn't end up going so well. There is actually a line in the book that explains it best, She is now taking a leave of absence from her leave of absence. I was looking forward to seeing Riss with her niece now that she is a fury so I was kinda sad that that was put off until later.

Riss and Scott are still very much together and happy, they don't really have any alone time with each other but they are still a great team and still growing their relationship together. There was a lot more mythology added into book 3, more gods and goddesses are introduced into the book and new situations fill the pages. I expected the bad guy to go down at the end but I was totally shocked by all the events that made it happen and the outcome of Marissa completing her task. I know that the new situations certain people find themselves in at the end of the book will bring plenty of action and excitement in future books.

Like the other book in the Shades of Fury series BLACK-HEARTED BETRAYAL is filled with action and suspense. Riss and her allies hardly have room to breathe before the enemies are on them again. I thought that there was a lot more brought to the table compared to book 2 and I hope that it continues with book 4.
on March 4, 2014
This book wasn't bad but it didn't hold up to the book that came before it. The characters were all there, and the plot was mystery/action again, but something just seemed off. The story was interesting, or it could have been but I just never quite connected to it. The main character was surrounded by all the people that had been in the other books but she never really connected to them in any real way. It felt a lot like being surrounded by a crowd but not talking to any of them. The thing that I really like about these books is that the character doesn't try to go it alone. She uses the people around her to help her solve problems, and she treats them as the friends that they are, not as pawns. In this book the main character talks more to her snake tattoo that isn't a snake tattoo. That leads to a disconnect with the story. If she had actually talked to the other characters in the story then I would have been able to get into it more.
on August 3, 2013
This is a stellar series with a unique take on the world of the supernatural. Great lead, and supporting, characters with heart, courage, intelligence and a touch of humanity we can all relate to with a fast paced story that will keep you riveted until the last page. I can't wait to read more!
on June 26, 2012
Boston PD Chief Magical Investigator Marissa Holloway takes a leave of absence from her investigations into paranormal crime. Instead Riss needs to help her mother deal with in fighting factions amidst the three branches of the Sisterhood of Furies who knows they must show no favorites while serving all Deities.

However, Riss is unprepared with what she sees as the Furies' hostilities appear on the brink of a civil war that would devastate everyone. More disconcerting to Riss and her mother is the Deities are openly squabbling too. The Triad of Deities order Riss, her mother and the Megaera to investigate whether an army of chaos is being forged to destroy the oversight balance as part of a coup d'etat.

The third tremendous Shades of Fury urban fantasy (see Green-Eyed Envy and Red Hot Fury) is a fabulous thriller as the arcane realm is falling deep into dangerous combat. Though somewhat a stereotypical UF kick butt female, Riss keeps the super exciting storyline focused as she risks all to uncover an inconvenient truth while the doomsday clock ticks closer to Armageddon.

Harriet Klausner
on December 29, 2012
This book went down a path I didn't expect and honestly didn't enjoy. I was disappointed at best, the story line bounced around to much and several of the characters seemed to be written in as a passing thought.
on October 6, 2012
I loved it! I've had it on pre-order seems like forever!! If you haven't tried this author, you're missing out. Great characters, great action...and of course, GREAT romance!!
on April 16, 2014
I loved the first books in the series and couldn't wait to get this one! Interesting twists and surprises. Well developed characters and satisfying resolutions