Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 25, 1999
I have read this book about a year ago and used the guides in the back, well, I had such good success with it I continued to use what I learned. Unfortunately, I listened to the other so called experts and the say my techniques were wrong. I changed the way I played and continued to listen to the other and lost more money than I won. I bought your book once again and read it front to back and used my techniques that I developed and threw out the critics views. I strongly urge those who want an upper hand at the blackjack tables to read, memorize, and to sleep with this book under thier pillows.
on February 3, 2002
I bought this book on in an airport and enjoyed it. I got me interested in learning how to play blackjack correctly, so, in that sense, it was great. It's relatively clear and geared toward the beginner. The mathematical focus of some sections made the strategies more easy to understand. The problem with this book, however, is that it sometimes rejects the correct play. If you are ahead in the count, keep playing. Leaving the table, even when you're losing, basically amounts to wasting all the effort you put into counting. Also, streak betting is just plain superstition. If you can count, this information is more valuable than the tendancy for streaks to indicate a favorable count. Finally, If somebody at the table doesn't make the correct plays, you don't have to leave. It is just as likely to help as to hurt you. It was ok, but I'm sure there are better books than this.
on January 25, 2000
Having never played blackjack at a casino I found this book highly informative and reader friendly. The author is very specific in his presentation of statistical analysis of the game and presents a plausible method for winning this game. However, the authors insitance that one leave the casino when they reach a certain level of winnings is clearly a gamblers fallacy and leads me to question the accuracy of his stated statistics. The truth is that the statistics should never vary according to an individual player's win or loss streak. A 65% probability is a 65% probability. The author claims to feel better when he leaves a winner. How bizarre this seems for a man who claims to be a "professional" gambler.
His proposition is that somehow taking a break from the game increases one's odds of winning. Nothing could be futher from statistical truth. If in fact as he states that card counting gives a player a 1-2% edge then logic dictates that playing continuosly is the way to maximiz one's profits.
One must test his propositions in order to feel comfortable using these card counting strategies.
on April 8, 2015
This is a very well written and concise book. It is an easy read, the author makes it simple to understand the concepts he is presenting. This book will improve your blackjack game a lot. All of the ideas and systems he has in place are recognized and easily discovered on the internet, but no place on the internet compiles the information into the book the way the author has, and has written.

I highly recommend this book as a first read for improving your blackjack game; which it will.
on January 10, 2001
Fantastic book!. Since I've bought it, I have stepped away from a Casino, always as a winner. I am not a proffesional gambler, but I love to win some extra money when I visit a Casino. I am looking forward to buy the rest of Mr. Tamburin's books. He deserves it.
on March 13, 2010
You have to know when to leave the table, and my neighbour across the street is a superb BLACKJACK PLAYER. He wins about 90% of the time, then WALKS AWAY!! This is the key to a great player. Say, he takes $400 with him, if he looses, he walks away. If he wins(usually doubling his money), AND EARNS (yes earns, you HAVE TO know what you are doing), he STILL walks away with his winnings.

He is so good, and he learned from reading this book, he is always invited to Las Vegas to play in championships. What a way to EARN extra money in your retirement years. I must say he was a math educator, and an excellent only.

He will be teaching 3 members (3 generations) of my family using this book this summer, 2010. Can't wait, but it will take time to learn the 184 must know moves and strategies.
on January 19, 2002
Tamburin gives you the three steps (The Play, The Betting & The Card Count) necessary to win. He also gives you the easier approach and the better, harder approach. Explanation of the true count calculation was harder than it should have been, but otherwise an excellent book. Has greatly improved my game. I now win more than I lose.
on February 16, 2011
I wanted to add this book to my library of Blackjack books. It verifies some of the strategies I'm using to create my own system to win at the game. It is a "work in progress" at [...]
on January 17, 2016
Dated book, however so is the game. I am up $125,000 by using this book.
on December 10, 2014
nothing new the main thing is to count and leave when you are ahead.