5.0 out of 5 stars great book
I am in practice 30 years; this is the major book I use every day in small animal clinical practice. I either learn something new, or my technicians do, or I reaffirm that I already know it all, which is a good memory enhancer. Very rarely is there something I need to refresh information on that is not in this book.
Published on January 23, 2013 by Dave

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle format not user friendly
Published 10 months ago by Amy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle format not user friendly, March 17, 2014
The information is there, but I am unable to access it quickly through the Kindle format. My old PDA version is superior. I ended up purchasing this reference again in a different format from another website that is very user friendly. Don't waste your money on this one. Either purchase the hard copy or pay a little more and get a different format for your ipad or smart phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book -- horrible ebook, April 1, 2014
gb (West Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
5 minute consult is a must have, but the kindle book copy is horrible to use. You have to slowly tap through the entire index in alphabetical order to find the 'disease' you are looking for-- they should have made a shortened index for the ebook or a better search function. I love other ebooks (plumbs, etc), but would not recommend the ebook copy of 5 minute consult

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline (Hardcover)

2.0 out of 5 stars The last Blackwell I'll order until the C-d comes back, March 2, 2012
Dean Hawkinson (SOUTH HAVEN, MINNESOTA, US) - See all my reviews
I have the last three editions of Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline. I use the C-d editions daily in practice that came with my first two editions. I ordered the new edition as an e-edition. They allowed 10 downloads and I was able to do 3. There is no connection from the articles to the formulary. The formulary can not be found in the e-edition. I'll keep using the 2008 edition as long as possible. I'm sure the hard cover book is fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is incredibly easy to use on a notebook, November 11, 2014
I bought this online book to use as a quick reference in the exam room with clients. It is a total failure for that purpose. There is no quick reference system that I can find and after many attempts it has been discarded. It is even more frustrating that there is no one available that can approach the authors with this concern. The model should be Plumb's Veterinary Handbook that I use daily. It is incredibly easy to use on a notebook. I use the hardcopy of 5 minute consult only. I am really disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, December 1, 2011
I'm a veterinary student, but my interest is more with large animal medicine then small animal medicine. I purchased this book to have as a quick resource for studying for the upcoming boards and also to help me out while on small animal rotations. So far I have had no problem navigating the book or website, and have even used the brochures to help explain things to friends who ask me questions. I put some thought into buying either this book or the clinical advisor book, and mainly went with this one since it had newer material in it and brochures available. To this point I actually really like this book, and would recommend it if you only need the basics and a quick refresher on topics. If you want more information, well thats what the Internal Veterinary Medicine books are for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference book for a dog breeder, March 8, 2014
Easy to read and comprehend. Complete explanation from indications to treatment options. Recommend for anyone who is interested in knowing more about health issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Students review, January 22, 2014
During my clinical year I frequently referenced this text during a case or before rounds for a brief review of a disease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome reference, October 18, 2013
Worth the money, this text provides quick and easy reference of common maladies in small animals! Definitely a good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, September 13, 2013
Love this quick reference! I use it everyday I like the new color of the headlines and the updated info.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline
Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline by Larry P. Tilley (Hardcover - September 21, 2011)
$99.99 $94.07