Blade Runner - The Director's Cut (Remastered Limited Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Disc 1 - Ridley Scott's All-New "Final Cut" Version of the film - Restored and remastered with added & extended scenes, added lines, new and cleaner special effects and all new 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio. Also included is commentary by Ridley Scott and a host of others that worked behind the camera.
Disc 2 - Documentary - Dangerous Days: Making of Blade Runner - A feature-length documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this cinema landmark. Cast, crew, critics and colleagues give a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look at the film from its literary roots and inception through casting, production, visuals and special effects to its legacy.
Disc 3 - 1982 Theatrical Version - The original that contains Deckard's narration and has Deckard and Rachel's (Sean Young) "happy ending" escape scene.
1982 International Version - Also used on U.S. home video, laserdisc and cable releases up to 1992.Read more ›
Blade Runner first and foremost, is probably the greatest film ever made, from beginning to end and in all of its variations. A bold statement when the film doesn't even rank in the top 10 in the American Film Institute or on IMDb. Spots #97 and #104 respectively (ahem). But as these kind of lists are subjective and truly under the control of mere mortals and their own strange whims, and I take no offense that so many so-called aficionados have over-looked this film for so long. Roger Ebert slammed Ridley Scott and the film during the first theatrical release by stating that `Scott cared more about the lush environment of the film than he did of the story', which as we all know - and even Ebert now, in hindsight, has stated that he was unkind and grossly unfair to both Scott and the film.Read more ›
Following this edition, there will be another entitled, "Ridley Scott's Blade Runner: The Final Cut," to be released in early 2007 to mark the 25th Annversary of the movie, which will include newly restored scenes and will be Scott's final word on the film. Then later in 2007, there will be the "Ultimate Blade Runner" which will contain all 4 versions of the film, the original U.S. theatrical cut, the expanded international theatrical cut, the 1992 Director's Cut and the 2007 Final Cut, all fully restored and in anamorphic transfers plus tonnes of extras. In addition, Blade Runner will also be released simultaneously on both Blu-ray and HD-DVD formats.
Buy this with your eyes open. It is recommended only if you're a completist or have only passing interest in the film. This edition will have a limited run of just 4 months before it is withdrawn prior to the arrival of the next edition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not my thing. This sci-fi is brutal, senseless, and has a future that I wouldn't want to live in. So much obvious talent wastedPublished 5 days ago by Eleanor Gilpatrick
Unfortunately Blade Runner is just one of those cult movies whose popularity I can't quite get my head around. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Adamo
The set came with a cracked plastic case, which was a bit frustrating. Also, I foolishly bought the wrong region format. So, it's been a bit tricky. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Horror
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Sci-Fi & Fantasy