Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

on December 6, 2011
I bought this crossbow thinking.."Hey! $25 crossbow!" The $25 dollar part should have been a major tip-off. I assembled it, loaded a bolt, and watched as it promptly broke. Now, when I say broke, I don't mean "didn't work." I mean the poorly manufactured plastic parts shattered, nearly injuring me. If there is one thing that you shouldn't skimp on quality, weapon soar to the top of my list. Do not buy. Oh, did I mention...Do not buy.
on January 7, 2009
While this product looks neat its functionality is at best a luck of the draw. The prod tips ( the plastic ends that you attach the string to) are extremely flimsy, and if they don't break on the first shot (like mine did) they will probably break soon after. When I inquired about replacements I was told that they didn't sell parts but that I could purchase more bolts if I wanted. Seeing as how my crossbow was obviuosly not working I thought this was an asinine suggestion.
on November 4, 2012
STRING BROKE WITHIN 10 SHOTS AND PIECES WENT EVERYWHERE. DO NOT BUY THIS ITS A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME
on December 26, 2012
i didn't pay alot for this thing so i didn't expect a lot.... but i did expect it to function properly. the pistol body is made from cheap plastic. We had one piece break off of it right after we got it assembled. Fortunately that piece was not essential for it to work properly. But the first time we tried to use it, bolts that held the cocking assembly together fell off and were lost, some of the plastic around the cocking mechanism fell apart also lol. ****UPDATE**** We did get this product replaced, VERY EASILY i might add. Amazon has great customer service. We put lock tight on the bolts that fell off the last time. The new one is functioning properly.
on May 6, 2013
I bought this item for my stepson who has some shooting knowledge, but not an abundance of it. Therefore, I thought this would be a good item for him to have fun with.

First of all, after only about 5 shots, the safety quit engaging automatically when cocking the crossbow. Second of all, the screws came loose after only about 10 total shots and I had to re-tighten them....which I've had to do constantly as he's shot it. Out of the 5 bolts that came with it, and the additional 12 that I purchased separately, only about 6 remain intact, as the rest have all broken due to the bolt not seating correctly along the track and the string hitting the bolt with such force that it breaks the rear fletching area off of the entire bolt. And finally, be super careful of the safety not engaging, as a friend was loading a bolt when the string released on it's own, almost breaking his fingers.

Overall, put more money into a better model if you're truly interested in enjoying the shooting experience.
on March 5, 2013
Wanted to use this to string wire through suspended ceiling, but the first time I used it, the plastic tips that keep the string in place snapped and now it won't hold.

Trashed it and moved on to something better.
on February 9, 2015
This is a waste of money. Broke on the third time shooting it. The cable almost too my face off. Tried many times to return and got sent in circles.
on January 21, 2014
When I got the bow, I strung it to see how it looked. I never shot it because it says not to shoot it without an arrow. It was fine. But then I unstrung it because I had to use it as a cosplay prop and it fell apart shortly after the string was removed. I had to tape and glue the cross section back on. Not a very good quality bow if the string is the only thing that keeps it together. It's great as an actual weapon, I'm sure, but as a prop, it is sub-par. It also looks slightly gray/silver on my screen, but was actually completely black.
on January 20, 2015
The plastic tip holding the string broke after the first time I shot it. Not able to use since.
on July 6, 2013
Fire's the bolt at any givin' time... I looked for a way to make it safe and I could not.