Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 60GB System forum

Blah blah blah Monday

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 154 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 30, 2012 7:02:55 AM PDT
Rab says:
Yo doods...it's Monday again... I'm tired from yesterday's temple visit... That is all.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:06:00 AM PDT
Watcher says:
C'mon, rabbit... look at the thread "Will These Work Perfectly?"!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:06:59 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Meh, I wish I could have slept in longer today. The weekend was alright though. Went to my aunt's wedding on Saturday which they had in one of her friend's backyard but it was still nice. I never got around to playing Darksiders like I wanted to but I did put quite a bit of time into Rainbow Moon. I have put about 25 hours into the game so far and am at level 35.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:09:38 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
orcs must die 2 comes out today, still 10% off. i'm loving the new computer... console gaming is drifting awayyy

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:13:24 AM PDT
Rab says:
Alright I'll look at it. So sleepy though. I passed out 10:30 last night and am still tired. I got some Tales in this weekend though. I only have Malik left to get 100 titles. Only really less than 6 left to get.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:13:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 7:14:39 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Temple visit?

Anyway, morning everyone.

So anyone watch the Olympic opening ceremonies? The wife and I did for a while because everyone kept saying how awesome the Chinese one was, and, well, gotta admit we were kinda bored. The James Bond with the Queen thing had me rapt, but then I'm a ridiculously rabid Bond fan. Also, I had serious lulz at the NHS cheerleading. I honestly found it epic black comedy considering how much of a basket case the NHS is.

Anyway, I finished ME2 yesterday and again, going against the grain on this. It was OK, though MUCH better than ME1. Still, unless I see ME3 for dirt cheap, I might not get it. And a story that is 90% "go get this team member" isn't the pinnacle of great story telling IMHO, though I did enjoy a couple of the plot points.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:28:25 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
I'm through Chapter 1 of The Witcher...Geralt is sitting in the jail cell now waiting for me. I also finished Chapter 1 of Monkey Island...started 2. I thought about maybe starting Saints Row 3 or one of my strategy games that I got off Steam last week...not sure yet.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:28:36 AM PDT
Rab says:
Yeah I went to the temple yesterday for my mother. Dad didn't wanna go, so I had to carry all the food offerings to the monks. I did get to see my cousin from Seattle though. He just came back from Hawaii to visit his mom in TX. He's a twin so I was like...is he? It was interesting bc he has a similar situation as me, aka gf of 7 years cheated on him. His was mucho worse though. Girl got pregnant with another's kid and all.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:52:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 7:54:07 AM PDT
Docgreedo says:
Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your cousin but glad you where there for him.

Finished up some trophies on Demon's Souls this past weekend and am waiting for the next game from Gamefly. I'll in in Oklahoma this weekend so no gaming for me.

EDIT: oh and I finally watched the Batman yesterday. I liked it and it wrapped it up nicely for me. I can look past a lot on superhero movies though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 7:57:46 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Aren't you in a smaller town in TX? Your parents must have worked out being close to a temple since I can't imagine they are everywhere. I can only think of two around me.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, Rabbit. Hopefully he is doing alright.

Ha, time to catch up on trophies against Doc! Now if Strasse would just slow down. Rainbow Moon isn't a good game for trophies either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:04:30 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
:)

I put mad hours into ME2 over a short period of time. I have to slow down a bit or the wife will be unhappy with how much I'm playing. Now's your time J.

Oh I watched The Help on the weekend as well. It was very entertaining, though it did have some slow spots.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:13:45 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
My problem is I keep getting addicted to the wrong games to catch up to you. I was playing Darksiders as well but I am fully addicted to Rainbow Moon now. I honestly want to go for the platinum but it will seriously take forever. There is a trophy for playing for 100 hours and another trophy for reaching level 500. To compare, I have played for 27 hours and am at level 35.

I haven't had to grind that much since I bought DLC but I have already used close to 30,000 of the 50,000 pearls and 40,000 of the 90,000 coins.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:13:59 AM PDT
Well I put the 3TB internal HDD in. Found out I can't UG to the graphics card I want because my MOBO doesn't support PCIE 3.0. Oh well, maybe I will UG that in the future too.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:15:10 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Finished Castlevania:LoS and Shadows of the Damned. LoS has confusing ending, SotD has awesome ending. Started InFamous 2, addicting so far.
Went to this new sushi place for wife's bday and it was quite good, and happy hour prices is nice as well. There was a beach near by and we went after and gave/got her bday nookie as well :P
Really tired today cause we stayed up late watching the olympics.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:23:32 AM PDT
skillet says:
Nookie's; A bday gift that keeps on giving. Did I read that correctly, at the beach, in public place? Nice, Gyoza.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:26:19 AM PDT
Rab says:
OH no we aren't nearby any Pardee. We gotta go into the city to get to one. It takes about 45 mins to get there. I had to wake up at 6 to get there by 8 bc we had to pick up my sister and my auntie. We were there til about 1:30. It was hot and there were way too many ppl. Is it weird I find my 2nd cousin from Seattle very cute? Is it a 2nd cousin if it's my mom's cousin's daughter?

He's doing well. It happened I think almost the same time as mine. He's taken the same stance as me on the whole relationships thing. We're gonna do our bachelor thing and not actively seek out love. If it comes at us, then cool.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:28:54 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
watching women's weightlifting while i wait for the us women's volleyball game. there are actually a couple good looking ones...and by a couple, i do mean exactly 2. any sport called "snatch" has to be good, right?

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:30:51 AM PDT
Rab says:
Wait snatch!?

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:33:35 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Dang I missed women's lifting, was waiting to see that. After watching "Lifting King Kong" on Netflix, been wanting to see that event. I heard this korean dood set a world record though for lifting 3 times his bodyweight or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:36:32 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Ah, no wonder. That definitely sounds like a long day. Is it a Buddhist temple? Now that I think about it I only know of one around me and I am not sure if it's one where they actually have monks. It's just the size of a regular church.

Lol, if they aren't related by blood you are good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:37:58 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Me too - watched the until the end of the women's (girls?) gymnastics qualifiers. Feel bad for Jordan Wieber.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:44:09 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Yeah its heartbreaking knowing how much time and effort they pour into their training and come up short at the end. But, it sounds like a lot of people (from other countries as well) stepped their game up after the Beijing olympics and are getting the gold this year so she just need to get back into it and come back stronger next time.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:44:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 8:46:55 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
yar strasse...they need to rework the rules...maybe if you make the top 10, the only 2 per country rule doesn't apply.

Gyoza, she WAS strong...4th best (of 60), but because her teammates got 2nd and 3rd she gets screwed because of a dumb rule.

Rab, snatch is where they lift the barbell all the way above their head in one movement while crouched, then slowly straighten their legs....as opposed to clean and jerk where they lift it to the collar bone while standing, then in a second motion, thrust it above their heads.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:46:33 AM PDT
Rab says:
Yeah they are haha... So it's a no go! But that's ok!

It's a Buddhist temple and it's on a pretty big set of land. My mom made me go since they had just brought in a statue that we donated money for from Thailand I think. They had quite a few monks from different countries. Oh and they had ipads and what not to record the proceedings for us.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:48:21 AM PDT
skillet says:
Harry Potter has been chasing the golden snatch all his life.

btw, we are tracking up the Most Active Product Forums.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  154
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation 3, 20GB
PlayStation 3, 20GB by Sony (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars (103)