4.0 out of 5 stars when a white lie spirals...
I don't normally read short stories/novellas as I find that it is very rare to find one that gets deep enough into the plot to make it interesting but concise enough that the story is completed by the end. This book would encourage me to try out more!
Published on June 20, 2012 by Raci

3.0 out of 5 stars Blame it on the mistletoe
I enjoyed the story and each of the characters were believable. I could see the adventures of the characters in developing the story.
Published 11 months ago by Unknown

4.0 out of 5 stars when a white lie spirals..., June 20, 2012
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
Graison has weaved a magical family christmas holiday fun fest for the reader, in which we learn why you should never tell a white lie to your mother! Bringing a boyfriend home for a family christmas would cause nerves, imagine bringing a fake one home! I enjoyed the banter that was passed back and forth between the family and you felt like you were there watching it all unfold before your eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blame It On the Mistletoe, March 28, 2010
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
Macy Carter's little white lie is about to get her in a whole bunch of trouble. In an effort to ease her parent's fears when she moved cities, Macy tells her family that her boss, Sean Mathis has been her boyfriend for the past two years. The problem is that it's Christmas and everyone wants to meet him. When Sean hears about this, he offers to play along. When they ask him what his intentions are, Sean pretends that he is planning to propose to Macy on New Year's Day. A few days later they find themselves deciding whether they will make their way to the altar or break the news to the family that their whole relationship is a lie.

Blame it on the Mistletoe by Lily Graison is the perfect story to curl up and read beside a good fire. The characters are likeable with an easy compatibility that transcends the pages and are incredibly easy to relate to. Macy quickly learns that her "little white lie" could get out of control very easily. Sean comes to her rescue and in the process gets himself caught in the avalanche. When push comes to shove, their true feelings are revealed in a very sweet way, and the ending is particularly special.

Gianna
Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
Light hearted romance with a touch of mystery. Portrays good old family life without the necessity for colourful language and raunchy scenes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
This is a great holiday romance story. Well written and I liked that there was humor to the story! A must read if you like holiday romances!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute light Holiday read., December 14, 2013
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
Goodreads Description- When Macy Carter’s parents order her to bring her live-in boyfriend Sean home with her for Christmas she has no idea that her little white lie is just about to snowball into a fabrication of monstrous proportions. Sean isn’t her boyfriend, he’s her boss. Now she has to reveal the lie she’s been telling her family for the past two years or hastily concoct an elaborate ruse to fool them instead.
When Macy tells Sean Mathis of her predicament he does what any gentleman would – he laughs and then agrees to help her out. Little does he know that one misplaced word in their little scheme will backfire and land them both in the hot-seat.

Secluded in the mountains, surrounded by snow and good will, Sean and Macy can’t help looking like the perfect couple. So perfect that the family decides a Christmas wedding will make it a holiday none of them would ever forget!

I must say that I only chose to read this book because a) I wanted a light holiday read and b) I needed to read a book with a book with a Christmas tree on the cover for a reading challenge. It was also a freebie from Amazon and I usually go into the freebies with a little bit of caution because, at least in my experience, they typically aren't as well written as books that cost money. It was also a novella, which is a hard genre to write because you have so little space to fully develop both the characters and theme. BUT, even though it seemed to have so much going against it the author really seemed to prove herself as a good author. I immediately felt a connection to Macy and Sean, the main characters of the book, and felt like the plotline, for the most part, could be something that would really happen. I definitely didn't constantly spend time thinking "There is no way that this could happen." which added to the books readability. I liked the story line. It was sweet and had a little bit of spice which was just what I was looking for when I chose this book. I also think the Graison did a great job moving the story along at a good pace and was able to write enough and kept it from lacking holes in the plot. When I was done with the it, I felt like I had read an entire book even though it was a novella. That is a tough job, given the allotment space, and like I said earlier the author did an excellent job delivering an entire, fully developed story in less than 200 pages.

The only thing that I would complain about the plot would be how the story ended. I don't want to say anything specifics and avoid spoilers, but it just didn't ring true. If anything, I would rather see a different ending with another novella to make it a series. After reading the story as it is, I still wish there was more information on what happened to the character after the ending.

All in all, I liked the book and would recommend it to someone looking for a light holiday read. It was cute and reminded me of a Hallmark Holiday movie. I don't say this to cut the book down. I say this because this was what I was looking for and I found it in Blame it on the Mistletoe. 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Blame it on the mistletoe, August 4, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
Its a nice story, sort of mills and boons. I enjoyed reading it and would recommend it as well. Was able to finish the book in 2 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love a Cute Romance!, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
The setting that the author chose for this adorable romance was beautiful. Even though the "Happily Ever After" was a foregone conclusion, the unfolding of this story kept my interest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful love story, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
The story line was a little slow at first, but soon picked up. I wanted the love connection to start earlier than it did but in the end, it came out the way it should have. Very entertaining and light-hearted. Would be good for anyone who longs for love in their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a hoot !!!!, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Blame It On The Mistletoe (Kindle Edition)
Loved, loved it. What a thoroughly entertaining book. Great storyline, great characters, great family. And the banter between the H and h was wonderful. Overall - my recommendation is YES. Read and enjoy.

Blame It On The Mistletoe