5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and service
I purchased this because of its size discount. It's not a cheap acquisition, to be sure, but I figured that, if it was good enough, it would be worth the reduced per unit cost.

Published on November 20, 2012 by A.I.P. Booker

3.0 out of 5 stars Great price, bad packaging
Pro: Very good purchase for the price per pound. It's a great product and way better than the flour you can buy in grocery stores.

Published on January 2, 2013 by redonky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and service, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)

The quality of the product is terrific and it arrived well within the delivery window, despite the fact that it's a very heavy box (usually results in shipping delays). No shipping damage or perforation of the inner lining, which is always good!

At the end of the day, it's a great product and it's shipped well - so what's not to love?

3.0 out of 5 stars Great price, bad packaging, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)

Con: The complaint I have is the packaging of the product. It was shipped in the Honeyville box that fits the flour perfectly in there. However, the flour was packaged in a thin plastic bag that wasn't air tight or sealed in any sort of way. There were dents in the box and holes in the plastic bag, which caused some of the flour to spill out. It would have been nice if the plastic bag was heavy duty or if the box were "handled with care."

Overall, it was an ok purchase. You can't beat the price per pound. I would order again but would contact Honeyville Farms directly and have them package the flour better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!!, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
Since my husband is gluten and lactose intolerant, this almond flour is perfect for baking breads, cookies, cakes, bars, making pancakes, breading chicken and such..........and it is all healthy, as there are no bad carbohydrates in it. Almonds are high in protein, and the fats from them are the healthy fats. So a win,win all the around. And there is no need for added sugars, as the flour itself is slightly sweet. It is wonderful to work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almond Flour, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
Over the past three years I gained 10 pounds that I could not get rid of. I exercise every day and eat healthy. I do like banana bread and cookies occasionally. I tried all Dr. Oz diets and supplement and hormone balance suggestions, but nothing worked until I tried cutting out dairy, wheat and sugar altogether. Hickory Farms Almond Flour is the best thing that ever happened to me. I make cookies and breads that my whole family likes. I substitute raw honey, real maple sugar or agave instead of sugar. I am happy to say the 10 pounds melted off my body and it has not come back. Thank you Hickory Farms for supplying a 25 pound bag. I use it to make lots of treats that I thought I could never eat again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value!, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
After going paleo a little over a year ago, my husband and I find ourselves using almond flour in cooking nearly once a week. I originally used Bob's Red Mill (purchased from our local grocery), but didn't care for the texture. An online forum directed me to Honeyville brand, and I'll never switch back. It's great in cooking/baking, and isn't coarse or grainy like Bob's.

As far as value goes, I've yet to find Almond Flour cheaper than in this 25lb box. I had to take the time to portion all 25lbs into more manageable large freezer bags, but this only took about 10 minutes. We've got one bag stored for use in our fridge, and the rest of the bags store nicely in our deep freezer. If you've got freezer room to store the excess, buying in bulk is definitely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, flavorful, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
I was worried about buying almond flour by mail in such large quantities, that it might be rancid or buggy or something. But this is very fresh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best almond flour ever!, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
Light, airy, delicious baked result. Comes in a heavy box which is a bit difficult to unpack into smaller bags, but worth it to save money in bulk. The flour is very fresh tasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Great Price, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
I have to have the blanched almond flour. This is better than what I bought at a grocery store when I ran out. The texture is nice and it has done well in my baking. I am very happy with the product and plan to purchase it again when I run out. [...] Blessings ----Kelly
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
I never used almond flour before but I thought I'd try this out. I made apple pie crust, filling and topping with this almond flour and it was the best I've ever had. Very good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value!!, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Blanched Almond Flour - 25 Pound Bag (Misc.)
Couldn't be happier with this 25 lb box of Almond Flour. Stored it in our chest freezer & kept a smaller container in the refrigerator so it would keep well & be easily accessible. Did a bunch of extra baking for the kids for school & their birthdays so it lasted us just over 2 months. If I hadn't had all the extra baking it probably would have lasted another month or so. Will be reordering very soon!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›