5.0 out of 5 stars For those simply sick and tired of being sick and tired
Published on August 18, 1999 by Al Judycki (prog-wiz-7@u-n-i.net)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a very convincing opinion
This book is slow going and hard to read. I was hoping it would be a quick read and full of thoughts I could use to convince others of the benefits of raw food. It does not do that. I agree with another reviewer who said this was an outdated walk down memory lane. There are so many benefits to raw food. Can't someone organize them scientifically and convincingly...
Published on June 10, 2009 by MN Mamma

5.0 out of 5 stars For those simply sick and tired of being sick and tired, August 18, 1999
This review is from: Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda: or, Sell Your Stove to the Junkman and Feel Great! (Paperback)
Being an avid reader, it is typical for me to being involved in reading no less than six books at any one time. When I received "Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda!" I begin by reading the introduction and didn't stop until I reached the end of the last appendix. While not a spine tingling mystery thriller, this book is tough to put down. This book is well written and appropriately authoritative given the controversial nature of the subject. What I found particularly refreshing was that unlike other health-related books that I have read, Joe Alexander doesn't `push' his philosophy on people. Rather, he simply presents a logical case using scientific research and personal testimonies. While living on a raw food regimen is not something that everyone can swallow (no pun intended), this book is an excellent introduction for why living on a raw food diet is the most logical diet available. I would highly recommend this book to anyone seeking to radically improve their health and especially so to those who are simply sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interested in raw food eating? READ THIS!, April 30, 1999
By A Customer
I was attracted to researching raw foodism because of my pets (two dogs, two cats). I heard about raw diets for them, researched it, tried it, and am thrilled with the results in the improvement in their physical well-being. So, I thought, if it's good for them, why not for me? I searched for information on the web which eventually led me to this book. I ordered this book and another at the same time. I started reading the other one first and was so turned off I was tempted to toss both of them. I started reading this one and was immediately drawn into the author's sense of peace and wholeness and oneness with nature. I read the book in its entirety and am convinced that I want to start incorporating raw food eating into my way of life. I didn't need to be beaten over the head (as the other book did), I just wanted information. Reading this book made me believe I could make the switch comfortably even though I grew up on bologna, peanut butter and jelly, soda pop, and McDonald's. Joe Alexander is obviously a 'regular joe' whose journey to raw foodism was taken a step at a time, sometimes falteringly, but with resolve propped up by the results of his experience. The descriptions of his journey make me believe that I, too, could successfully follow the same path. If raw foodism holds any intrigue for you at all, please read this book. (No, I'm not being paid to say this!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Orginally published long before 1990, May 11, 2001
When I bought this book I was looking for something that was short and filled with good persuasive facts so I could have my boyfriend read it and possibly 'convert' him. This isn't that book. This book is a good source of information about the history of raw foodism. Joe Alexander devotes quite a good portion of the book to short sumaries of the major ideas and theories of well-known raw foodists over the last 100 or more years. Joe Alexander has a quirky eccentric sense of humor and at times his eccentricity and that of the raw foodists he is describing is laugh out loud funny. For that reason this isn't a good book to share with someone who is just getting interested in raw foodism because Joe Alexander may scare them off with some of his wackier ideas about why raw foodism is a superior diet. Because this book was originally published some time ago, (in the 70's I think) some of his theories about raw foodism now seem silly by a more scientfically and nutritionally aware reader. Though this isn't a good book to start with as an introduction to raw foodism, it is an entertaining and worth while read if you are already a raw foodist for your own reasons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, December 18, 2000
"tigerlily1" (Tempe, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda is an inspiration. I have been looking into this lifestyle, and after reading this book it only reinforced my desire to go for it and live raw! It is an easy read and I didn't put it down until I had read the last page! While I don't agree with everything the author says, the important thing is getting as much information as we can to live a more pure lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and Hillarious, July 5, 2006
Sara Becker (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I read this book over a year ago at a time when I was eating mostly raw food. Like at least one of the other reviewers, I read it cover to cover, except when I put it down because I was being helplessly convulsed in paroxysms of laughter. There's surely no other book like this one. Soon after reading it, I gave the book away because I didn't find it very practical. Now, over a year later, I find myself pining for the author's crotchety, iconoclastic, joyful voice. Reading this was such a good time.

I wouldn't swallow everything he says as fact, but I doubt he'd want anyone to. This book is like raw food for the brain: it is just what it is--and it offers a lot of vitality and delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, July 13, 1999
By A Customer
I really enjoyed reading this book and it provides a lot of valuable information in an easy to read format. After reading this book, I am leaning to becoming a raw foodist -- I don't eat everything raw, but I sure pay more attention to what I eat now!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great intro to philosophies of raw foodery., November 3, 2006
This was my first in a long line of books about raw foodism and I am SO GLAD it was. Joe Alexander is DOWN TO EARTH - which is not a common thread among many doomsday raw food and detox authors out there. The most valuable aspect of this book was his chapter dedicated to summarizing many raw and natural hygiene authors' theories. I did not know ANYTHING about raw foodism and this simplification made my research that much easier, providing me w/ a quick resource to come back to. For example, I had never heard of Natural Hygiene before.

I think the book could've stopped there, but then it became an opportunity for the author to talk about his neurosis and some random stuff, that was easily skippable. In the main, this is a perfect way to start one's raw food education/journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars The clearest case for going raw vegan I've seen., July 10, 2008
This book is awesome. It gives you unhedged reasons for going as close to raw vegan as possible with huge health benefits and massively positive intellectual advantages. There are many great examples of early raw pioneers and the benefits they recieved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Good Information, January 29, 2010
I'm so grateful that Joe Alexander chose to write this book. He shares quite a bit of information including the history of raw foodism, some prominent raw foodists and their teachings, freeing frozen emotional energy, testimonials and he shares the Five Tibetan exercises. It's written in an easy-to-read, conversational tone and so much of what is written in this book (about politics, greed and the need to get back to nature) MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Raw Food Enthusiast with a Sense of Humour, October 24, 2009
A thoroughly enjoyable read & a welcome change from all the rather earnest raw food literature out there today.

$14.95 $11.68