4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Little Pkg!!!
I bought this all-n-one Active subwoofer for my Honda Element to add just a litte depth to the factory subwoofer. This speaker is very nice and high quality it was very easy to install to the factory system.

pro: 1. Looks very nice and solid
2. subwoofer sounds amazing for the size and very loud
3. RCA jacks for future up grade

cons:...
Published on December 3, 2012 by jvince512

2.0 out of 5 stars Amp stopped working and not very tight bass
After hearing so many likes and such good reviews on this item I decided to buy it on Black Friday. It was only $20 cheaper but I bought it anyway. After installing it on my car I turned the car on and gave it a listen. This sub didn't sound too bad but I was expecting it to be a lot tighter bass since it is a 10" and it is in a sealed enclosure but it was very sloppy...
Published 12 months ago by Shane O'Nan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Little Pkg!!!, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Blaupunkt Blue Magic XLf 200 A 300-Watt 8-Inch Low Profile Active Subwoofer System (Electronics)

pro: 1. Looks very nice and solid
2. subwoofer sounds amazing for the size and very loud
3. RCA jacks for future up grade

cons: 1. no remote to adjust the level of sound
2. the speaker could use some more protection
3. could have use longer wires

finaly try positioning the unit in diff. areas of your car to get the best sound before drilling any holes in you car

FYI. does not under front seats of the Honda Element with out removing the seart and making adjustments.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty amazing, March 16, 2013
Kerry Hood (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
I installed it under the driver's seat in my 1997 Toyota T-100 extended cab. It is an extrememly tight fit, and I had to modify the seat somewhat, but it fits perfectly. I bought this unit instead of the Kicker because this one is approximately 1/2-inch smaller in each dimension.

The original unit was defective out of the box. The retainer clip on the wiring harness was broken off, and even if the plug was held firmly in place in the receptacle, it would barely make connection and turn on sporadically. The replacement unit sent by Amazon works fine.

As for output, it is amazing. I have it paired with a JVC head unit that is supposed to have subwoofer output volume control (range 0-8.) The subwoofer also has it's own volume control. I have the subwoofer turned to minimum, and the JVC set at zero, and the unit is still too loud. I had to adjust my EQ settings to Bass-4 and Mid/Treble+4 to compensate. That seems to get it about right. I suspect that the JVC control is defective, since it makes no difference whether the output is set at zero or 8.

So for those who say this unit is insufficient output, I disagree! It's more than enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted., January 29, 2014
Floris (North Carolina,US) - See all my reviews
The quality and feel of the sub is great.The installation was easy. It fit nicely under the driver seat of my Nissan Frontier and it sounds awesome. The only negative thing I could say about it is that they should have had separate high level inputs instead of having them in the same harness with the power wires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the size!, January 24, 2014
To start off if you are looking for a subwoofer to shatter teeth, wake up people, and pound your chest causing heart attacks this is not for you. This is if you enjoying hearing all ranges of music and want that low end filled with clean and undistorted sounds. My car has a 15Amp outlet in the center console so I went to a local store and bought an adapter that had positive and negative terminals and since this sub only requires 10Amp it works perfectly. This was the original reason I bought this was so I can transfer it from vehicle to vehicle easily. If I turn up the volume I can feel the vibrations from the bass in music, most likely because I have it sitting right under the driver seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bass at affordable price, October 7, 2014
Well-made, high quality, clear, musical, LOUD...these adjectives perfectly describe this little guy. I am impressed. I knew Blaupunkt made some quality car audio components but this subwoofer is truly a great bargain, considering that the next comparable sub is twice as much. This thing can get very loud but most importantly, it plays clean, tight, highly musical bass. It is a sealed box, so that is a common trait of the better-built sealed subs; you just don't expect it at this price point. Great buy, can't go wrong, just make sure the rest of your speakers are at least as good. I would recommend focal, infinity or mb quarts. With the savings realized on the sub you can afford these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, January 27, 2014
P. Spraker (Wilmington, NC) - See all my reviews
I have a Ford Ranger, so don't have room for much. I had a Pyle PLBASS8 Low Profile Sub placed under the passenger side seat prior to this unit...and it worked well. However, after reading some of the reviews on the Blaupunkt, and it being on sale, I decided to give it a try. It came with plenty of lengthy thin wire...which I didn't need. Having wire all ready ran from the previous sub, all I had to do was replace the units. The Blaupunkt was a little different in there was no remote for bass control and you did not need a remote wire connected to the radio. I had never used a amp without a remote wire, so it took a minute to understand that the RCA cables acted as the remote wire. The wiring that coming with the unit was a harness plug with thin long wire - assumed to be attached to the wiring harness of the radio. I used regular wire nuts to connect the thinner gauge wire to my all ready ran thicker gauge wire running off the battery and ground. As far as the sound, it is definitely bigger and richer. I'm very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and slick design, December 26, 2013
This speaker is exactly what I was looking for it fit right under my seat and sounds great!

For tight spaces, like my pickup truck, I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed, May 5, 2014
This sub adds just the right amount of bass to my system, does not overpower matches the rest of my system perfectly. I would recommend if your looking for a powered sub to bring the bass to life, and will pack a pretty good punch if you want it to. Everyone who has listened has been impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little bass speaker/subwoofer, June 18, 2013
if space is your concern (like Honda s2000 or boxster or MR2) this is the speaker for u... no need to build box for your subwoofer..
but it is not for people who is looking for boom box that would vibrate the car sheet metals and wake up neighbors at night..

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides that 'missing' base for your car stereo!!, October 14, 2014
This provides just that right amount of base, which was missing from the stereo system in the car.
It is incredibly easy to set up. The only advise i would give to buyers is that you run a dedicated power line from the battery and also, keep the volume settings at no more than 50%, as this will give you leeway when adjusting for different types of music.
Fits easily under the seats and is not a power hog, so no need to worry about it draining the battery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›