5.0 out of 5 stars Sirius Reception!
I have had my Blaupunkt Sirius radio since April of this year and I have had zero problems from dat one. The quality is excellent - in some areas, you may loose reception for a few seconds - but that it understandable and is 99.9% explainable by overpasses, trees etc...

Published on November 28, 2005 by Kevin C. Goncalo

3.0 out of 5 stars Blaupunkt America SR04
I have to say I regret buying this unit. Whenever it's sunny and warm, reception is almost zero. Apparently, since the unit itself runs hot, being in a heated environment is enough to adversely affect the antenna.

I can accept that SE Alaska doesn't get the best signal to start with, but the local Radio Shack sells a brand that works just fine.
Published on July 7, 2005 by Eugene E. Lundstrom

3.0 out of 5 stars Blaupunkt America SR04, July 7, 2005
This review is from: Blaupunkt Sirius Satellite Radio America SR04 (Electronics)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment to say the least, September 5, 2005
SpiderDC (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I expect great things from Blaupunkt, but the Blaupunkt America SIRIUS radio was a major disappointment. The original unit I purchased died within 3 weeks of installation. The replacement unit has worked ok so far (6 months and counting), but basic flaws remain. The display is impossible to read in the car whenever the sun is shining. Inside, the display is easier to read, but still has annoying lines and breakup issues. The FM modulator is too weak to overcome local broadcast stations (needed to do a hard-wired bypass of the car antenna to fix this issue). It's impossible to effectively aim the fixed antenna for in-home use because this unit does not include any sort of graphical presentation of antenna strength (other than the 3 bar display on the main screen). Connection of the power cord and antenna on the docking stations is tricky - when plugged in, the cords prevent the unit from tilting for optimal viewing. Reception on the move is spotty...unit seems to have a hard time tracking its signal, even in open sky terrain. I thought it was just my issue, but other on-line reviews mention the same problems I've had. SIRIUS is awesome, and Amazon sells a number of other receivers that have a better track record than this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blaupunct America SR04 is terrible, September 27, 2005
I have had this unit for about 6 months until it totally burnt-out on me. The screen went black & I could no longer listen. Before this happened, I was ALWAYS having problems with the antennae. The same time everyday, I would have to physically move the antennae around the house until I could get clean reception. However, I would still get large gaps of silence, while the unit would try and locate it's signal. I am bummed I got this. Hopefully, Blaupunct will replace my unit. It's not cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sirius Reception!, November 28, 2005

Not sure why other seem to have some problems - I live in Florida and maybe it is my location - but I travel often from the gulf coast to orlando and never loose the signal or quality. And the quality is what I expected from Blaupunkt - clear and crisp. I would suggest - buying one with a warranty - in case you run into problems - but as I have said - no problems here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, June 3, 2007
This is a well made product. You just have to read the directions. The FM modulator does work, but if you are in an urban area the manual does state that it won't work. I have had no problems with this unit. I just wish Blaupunkt did not discontinue it since they had plans to sell a boombox accessory like the Sirius universal boombox. If you have the car kit you can hook it up to the Bosch power box making this Sirius receiver truly portable.

Blaupunkt Sirius Satellite Radio America SR04