Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

95%
Format: PaperbackChange

on June 16, 2000
This is a great book for young readers, especially those who love horses. This is a refreshing story about a boy named Billy and his pony named Blaze.The two have a very special bond and care very much for each other.One day they go for an outing and events happen which put them in danger. Readers are kept in suspense as Blaze and Billy struggle to get home. I would recommend this book to all young readers.
on March 31, 2004
First a comment about the review on above: That review from Publisher's Weekly has nothing to do with this book. I don't know what book it has to do with.
Billy and Blaze books are a wonderful series about a boy and his horse and the adventures they find while out riding. I think any child could appreciate these gentle stories. They are a nice break from the commercialized books usually marketed to boys that are based on cartoons and toys and movies.
on February 9, 2014
I read this book to my children when they were young and they loved hearing it again and again.

My wife and I recently celebrated our 50th anniversary, and as part of the program, I read it out loud again to about 60 friends and relatives, including my children and grandchildren. They thoroughly enjoyed it. I put the same energy into the reading as I used to when my children were young.

This copy was in excellent condition. I could not find my original copy, so I was happy to find this one. I later found out that my son has the original copy, and has read it to his children.
on February 22, 2010
Timeless Classic. There is just something about the Blaze books you feel like your in the story even though they are so simple that they are good for first and second graders anyone who is a horse lover can enjoy them. Good for both boys and girls. They stimulate your imagination too. What would you do when faced with the same situation. I loved hearing my child read these to me a great bonding time.
on September 24, 2013
C. W. Anderson, author and illustrator, has provided a great story for young ones. I grew up with these stories and am really enjoying sharing them with my grand children.
on July 21, 2015
Our children loved this book! Especially the illustrations, and they want me to order the entire series. Shipped quickly with Amazon Prime
on October 30, 2013
A forever classic!The entire series is a wonderful collection of stories that children cherish and want to hear read over and over.
on August 12, 2013
Love the stories in this series and the book is in good condition. Wonderful pencil illustrations add to a pleasurable read.
on September 29, 2007
These were my favorite books in grade school!!!!!! The Billy and Blaze books I had read over and over and over. Nothing is like them. They are the dreams of horse lovers: this partnership between horse and human. I had wished I was like Billy when I was young (even though I was a girl).

If you have a child who has a love for horses, learn about horses and encourage your child to get involved despite the expense. There are opportunities to work for riding lessons. That is a good thing. There is also sponsership/lease available for part-time riding (3days a week) which helps both the owner and the sponser.
on February 4, 2015
Love this story and live the illustrations . This is one of my favorite books for children 6 thru 10.