5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Young Boys, June 25, 2000
L. Donahue (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
The whole Billy and Blaze series is wonderful. This book is my son's favorite. The story is about how Billy takes Blaze on a ranch vacation. They see a wild horse they name Thunderbolt. None of the grown up cowboys can get near him. Blaze and Thunderbolt become fast friends. Eventually Thunderbolt follows them home, jumps in the corral with Blaze, and becomes friends with Billy. Billy is the only person Thunderbolt trusts and eventually lets Billy train him. Billy goes home from vacation with a beautiful new horse and Blaze has a best friend. My son was facinated by the friendship between the horses and how a boy could train such a big animal. The illustrations are beautiful and my son loves them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice stories for the family to enjoy, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
In my opinion, the entire Billy and Blaze collection is nice for the whole family to enjoy. Children ages nine and under might enjoy these stories the most. Perhaps, children age 10 and up may find the reading and stories too simple. However, I enjoyed reading the stories with my children (ages 2 - 7), and they thoroughly enjoyed the stories as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nephew Loved It, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
My nephew loves this series and was excited to get more in the series. I plan on getting more for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these books!, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
I was looking for good, wholesome reading for my son and we found it! My son loves these books! You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
Loved these books when I was little, they were a bit before my time, but always checked them out at my elm. School library over and over again. Bought this for my 6 yr old. Great story of values, too bad they don't make them like they use to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Pictures, Not-So-Great Writing Quality, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
Fun books for their illustrations and not their writing quality, the Billy and Blaze series were always at the top of my list growing up. This book was my favorite; in it, Billy and his dependable ride Blaze find and slowly befriend Thunderbolt, a beautiful mustang running free in the wild west.

Although poorly written, these books were fascinating to me as a girl and fed my imagination. Any young horse lovers will eat up the vivid black and white drawings that tell the quaint stories much more eloquently than the rather dry words.

To read more of my children's book reviews, visit larsenreviews.org.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blaze book, March 8, 2012
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
All of the Blaze books are truly wonderful for all kids, boys and girls. We also love the drawings. They are gorgeous! We recommend this series to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series, June 13, 2010
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
C.W.Anderson makes a kid fall in love with horses. My grandkids love the story. Book was in good shape and I received in a timely manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific series, July 18, 2009
R. Day (Dale, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Blaze and Thunderbolt

My 4 year old boy and I really enjoy the adventures had by this boy and his horse. The old fashioned black and white or sepia drawings are well done and fit the "old west" theme. Some stories have a slight hint at danger, but everything works out. There is a forest fire, a mountain lion, a wild horse. Billy is a problem solver. So far we have read 6 books in this series they are all very good. We recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blaze Horse Books, April 25, 2009
This review is from: Blaze and Thunderbolt (Paperback)
C.W. Anderson wrote a wonderful series of books about the adventures of Billy and Blaze. I read them as a child, probably more than once, so I bought the entire series to read to and give to my horse-loving granddaughter and grandson. These books are classics.

Blaze and Thunderbolt
Blaze and Thunderbolt by C. W. Anderson (Paperback - March 31, 1993)
$6.99 $6.29