Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on June 13, 2012
I'm not here to talk about the price, that has been talked about to death. I'm here to talk about the false advertising of uncut. They crop these episodes from the original 16x9 format to 4x3, which is just weird. I mean, we are in a 16x9 for everything format. And yes, it does make a difference. Characters body and heads are cut off. Words are cut off when they show the opening episodes cards. If any anime fans remember the whole crop fiasco of Dragon ball z from 4x3 to 16x9. Well, this is the same thing, but in reverse. I hope Viz fixes these on future releases, although the last 2 sets have been this way as well. Viz is only getting worse by: first the lack of extras, second, the price and less episodes, and third the crop of widescreen to 4x3. Viz do not care about there customers.
on March 27, 2012
This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite parts of Bleach. The set includes episodes 194 - 205, and the battles in these twelve episodes are just phenomenal. In this set we get to see the Espada battle some pretty powerful Soul Reapers and it is just fantastic. This set continues the main story line with Ichigo and the others fighting their way through Hueco Mundo after Grimjow's defeat. We are also given the chance to delve into Nel's past and her relationship with the Espada. Two episodes in is one of my favorite scenes in Bleach and I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but lets just say one side gets some pretty awesome reinforcements.

I know that these smaller releases have been debated on a lot of other reviews and I think the motivations for this have been examined thoroughly enough that I feel I have nothing new to add. I will not spend my money on the separated Bount Arc but good episodes like these I will not pass up on.

In conclusion these are great episodes with great fights and I plan on purchasing it as soon as it is released on DVD.
VINE VOICEon June 21, 2012
Product quality was the same as it was for the previous set. The disc art is good as well as the art for this volume. Some fans may complain that Nel isnt in quite such a fanservice oriented angle as she is in the Japanese cover for this set, but her pose here is still nice and its colorful. The only major issues with the set, is that there is still no music on menus. I don't understand why each of the three discs lacks it, but it is quite odd considering the vast majority of the other Bleach dvd sets had it.

Episodes and dub quality was great as usual. Velonica served as the opening theme for the entire duration while there were two ending themes. Hearing Aizen's voice was a pleasure as well as voices for Stark and older Nel. Only downside to the actual episodes is that two of the ending episodes here were filler. The set did a great job in preparing us for set 14, the start to the Karakura subarc in this Arrancar saga as well as prepping us for one of the hottets fights in the anime, the eventual Ichigo v Ulquiorra.

This set also contains the episode where Inoue essentially says Ichigo/Kurosaki-kun (in the subs) at least twenty times in one episode and nothing else!
55 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2015
in this set we get Nell's back story, so we now know how she went from being a woman to become a child and what noytora's problem is with nel. as well as now four of the captains have come to hueco mundo to help Ichigo and his friends. three of the captains immediately being to fight with the enemy and win with no sweat except for Kenpachi who drug his fight out until he was almost at deaths door. at this point Aizen recaptures Orihime and reveals his plan to destroy Karakura town. we also get a mini acre featuring a Kamari game on how to best help the Kasomioji clan.
on December 26, 2015
This is a great season of Bleach. Love the English/Japanese audio. Item is as described. Super fast shipping. This was bought for a Christmas present and she loves it because it is her favorite season!
on April 3, 2013
Well there is not much I can say about this anime that u can't just go read about on ur own but I'll do my beast. ^_^'
Ok boy can see ghosts, some ghosts eat other ghosts so there r other ghosts that stop the bad ghosts from eating the good ones, boy meets girl good ghost that gives him the power to become like her so that he can fight the bad ghosts.
I know that the bad ghosts r call something and r a little different than just ghosts and that the ones I'm calling good ghosts r called something else also.
I'm just trying to make it simple here ok. ^_^
I really do love this anime just don't want to go into great detail on what is what when someone just wants to know the basics of what they maybe buying even though if ur looking for a anime u most likely already know what ur looking for or buying if ur here.
If I'm wrong about anything I've said then I'm sorry. -_-,
on December 16, 2013
No spoilers. So this is more about the series then viz trying to rob us blind. But I don't like spoilers so this is back to the fight against the arrancars and Ichigos party. You get to see Nel fight for awhile.
on July 3, 2012
This is just like any other Bleach DVD box set you'd get from set 6 and up.
The normal 3 discs with a Shonen Jump insert telling you to subscribe to their service and what not but the aspect ratio is 4:3 when it should be 16:9, which is the same problem that happened when these episodes were airing on Adult Swim in 2011.

Why Viz Media decided to leave the aspect all messed up is beyond me and multiple other Bleach fans I'm sure but frankly as long as we're getting the episodes I suppose it isn't a huge deal. Besides, most HDTVs can fix the aspect if you change it around if it doesn't for you automatically when you put the disc in.

Now onto the actual episodes, you get episodes 194 - 205... 12 episodes overall like the previous box sets, sadly Bleach fans weren't lucky enough to be getting 13-14 episode sets like the Naruto Shippuden ones have been lately but as I stated above at least we get anything! This box set contains material from the original manga and 2 filler episodes I believe, it might be 3 but I don't recall off the top of my head. The episodes in this set pick up right where box set 12 left off with the Ichigo vs. Nnoitra battle and brings back to Uryu/Renji vs. Szayel fight moving us into Byakuya vs. Zommari. The set ends off at Aizen revealing his true plans for Karakura town and then the 2 filler episodes with an 'old friend' featured in them, which I guess is good all on its own.

The set overall gets a 4/5 from the aspect ratio and no actual extras included, which I think we'd all be used to by now, right? Content/episodes are great and the sets design is what we've been used to for the past 2 years now, nothing to expect more or less of. I suggest picking up this box set if you are a Bleach fan buying the sets as they release, but if you are looking to get into the series and have no prior knowledge to what goes on before episode 194 I'd highly suggest you not buy this set until you are all caught up to this point in the series.
on March 5, 2013
It was a christmas gift for my niece and she loved this series. The packaging could have been a little better. There was no layer between the dvd box & mailer. Other than that, it arrived in perfect condition. No problems at all.
on January 30, 2016
I bought this box set early on this year and so far, two problems. One is the aspect ratio is zoomed in, which i have already seen being criticized in other reviews. Although i dont like it, theres not anything we can really do about it. the second problem is that the discs, although they're in perfect condition, sometimes freeze and dont work well. Its not the dvd player because with all the other box sets so far there hasnt been a problem. Im guessing the aspect ratio or even the disc quality, as in what its made of, might be causing the problem. I dont know if im the only one having this issue, but hopefully no one else is suffering or will suffer from this.