Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on November 12, 2011
perfect fit, though i mounted it so the gauge was under the mirror, took a little extra time but i got done start to finish including running the wires in about 25 minutes. i found it easier to just loosen the screw on the mirror and slide the mirror off and tighten the screws on the collar like that. i also took some pictures and im going to try to upload them on here.
review image review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2012
First off, let me disclaim by saying that I don't have a ScanGauge II nor do I know what it is, but I wanted to mount my radar detector above my rearview mirror and was all ready to design and build a solution when I decided to look on-line first. I found several under mirror mounts, including some nice ones by Blendmount, but I couldn't find anything over the mirror except for this ScanGauge mount.

My reasons for putting it over the mirror is two-fold, both related to me having a convertible. For starters, when the roof is down and the sun is out, it is very difficult to see any kind of display on the front of modern radar detectors - putting it over the mirror lets my overhead console act as a sun shade to help me see it better. Secondly, even though radar detectors are not illegal in my state, I still get antsy when an officer pulls up behind me, and having it under the mirror is pretty noticible and I'd rather it just not be seen.

So, being interested in this item, and the description saying to contact the seller with questions and pics, I did just that and found that they were very helpful and made some good suggestions so I went ahead and ordered it.

I'm thinking that the seller is on the other side of the country from me and with the shipping being free and not prime, I had assumed that it would take a full 5 days to get it here, but I checked my mail today and it arrived on Monday after ordering it on Friday, so that was great.

I opened it up and found that they include a lot of instructions and a lot of parts. Most of the parts you won't need, but they include different variations to make sure you can get it mounted the way that you want including different sized bolts and collar extensions, allen wrenches and great little non-velcro restickable pads. Also, knowing that I wasn't mounting the ScanGuage, the seller included at no extra charge another mount which he thought might work better, and it did and that's what I used (However, if I had a ScanGuage, I'm sure the included ScanGauge mount would have worked perfectly).

I was concerned about whether or not the clamp would fit on my mirror which is more slender than the one pictured, but they include a rubber collar to go inside the clamp for my type of mirror.

Great seller and service
Fast Shipping
Sturdy mount once you've got it in.
Fairly adjustable via bending and moving the collar up and down.

Bending the mount is a bit disconcerting - it seems as if you were to bend it even 1 or 2 extra times to "adjust" it
may snap. This is because it is perforated to make it easier to bend, but it leaves only a small amount of metal
in the "joint" holding everything. It's fine as long as you don't over stress it, but make sure you've figured
out what you're doing before you start bending things.
It's a pain to get the collar on - taking the mirror off would have made it much easier but I didn't want to risk a break
on May 31, 2011
Installed w/o much trouble and it really puts the
scangauge2 in an easy to see yet concealed location.
The included extension is plenty long enough and
it's only 4 bolts/screws to loosen the A-pillar
to snake the cord down to behind the glove box.

The mounting adaptor comes with extra HW to
allow you to place it exactly where you want.
on January 30, 2011
To install this on our '08 Ford Fusion I had to mount it backwards to get it to work due to the design of the mirror. The extended lower center portion of the mirror (for the two embedded sensors) exceeded the length of the provided spacers and screws so the best approach I found (without buying longer hardware) was to reverse the mount plate, move the Velcro to the opposite side, and have it sit below and a couple of inches behind the face of the mirror. Had there been an additional spacer and screw that were about 1/4" to 3/8" longer I could have mounted it below and flush with the face of the mirror as some of the example pictures show. Bottom line, it's a good mount for the ScanGuage II but for this application it required a little more work due to the mirror's depth.
on September 2, 2012
The Blendmount website has lots of good information, and quite a few specific applications, but nothing for my 2012 Outback. I posted a question on their board, and someone from Blendmount responded promptly, assuring me it would work fine. And it did.

The instructions are clear, the design is pretty good, in my opinion, and the product gives you a good feeling as you put the pieces together. There's nothing flimsy about it. I'm not crazy about the Velcro, but it seems to be pretty solid, at least for now. Installation in the Outback took about 20 minutes for everything, including planning how much to bend the mount, which spacer to use, etc. All this is covered in the instructions.

All in all, I'm very satisfied.
on May 26, 2014
This mount works very well on my 2007 Tacoma. I was able to install the entire scangauge II and set it up in under 20 minutes. The mirror shaft mount fits the oddly shaped Toyota shaft (chili pepper) very well. And the smaller extension lifts the gauge above the mirror. The required hex keys are included for the bolts so everything goes together perfectly. This was well though out and well executed. It places the display in a discrete but visible position.
on July 24, 2013
perfectly fits the rearview mirror.

My mirror happen to fall off in the process so when i reinstalled it (new adhesive) I had the opportunity to perfectly position it for the scangauge above the mirror without extra room.

This mount is very sturdy and completely adjustable for installation.
It comes with an alternative to velcro that I really like.
The "male" and "female" pieces self adhere to the mount/scangauge like any velcro tape, but instead of being hook and loops it is a product called "dual lock" by 3M, they are evenly spaced mushroom shaped follicles (hard to describe). So these opposing pieces have enough room for the shafts to merge, but the ball shaped ends have to be forced past one another which helps it to hold steady. see here: [...]
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2014
BlendMount Designed for ScanGauge II

I purchased this mount for one purpose, to mount my Scan Gauge II above the mirror in my Truck to monitor the essential reading that keep my diesel healthy, wealthy and wise. This mount is really a great addition to my ScanGauge. It fits perfectly, holds very tight, is fully adjustable in every shape imaginable. I was able to mount it while keeping it under the roof, out of direct sunlight. I love how this mounting system allow for the gauge to be pushed forward, out of the way under the roof being protected from the bright hot sun.

Rated 5-Stars! Would rate it 6 or higher if available. And well worth every penny!
on April 21, 2010
I have been looking for something like this for a while. I had been running a crudly made suction cup mount on the windshield, but I saw this and I had to have it. Installation was pretty easy. The only real problem is getting the bottom screws into the collar. Got it done in about 15 minutes. Two more minutes to get it all adjusted as I like and it was done. Running the wire was pretty easy also. They included everything in my kit with the exception of the allen wrench for the collar screws. Well made product.
on April 9, 2013
I tried everything I could think of, but there isn't enough room above the Prius Homelink mirror for this mount. I ended up mounting under the mirror which isn't my favorite option. Product itself is well built, just disappointed in the mounting.

EDIT: So not one to give up on something, I ended up unscrewing the mirror at the base and removing it for better access. Once off, I used the longest spacer Blendmount provides and after some bending and adjusting I got the mount to work above the mirror. I would suggest using the blue thread lock on the screw that holds the mount to the clamp as it will be impossible to get to once the mirror is attached again.