Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: Blu-rayChange

on May 31, 2014
Jim (Adam Sandler) is a widower who is a manager for Dick's Sporting Goods. He is raising three daughters as tomboys. Lauren (Drew Barrymore) organizes closets and is divorced struggling with two sons. They meet on a blind date at Hooters that for some reason did not go well. What is clear is that the daughters need a mom and the boys need a father.

Through a series of improbable circumstances the two families are thrust together on an African adventure with predictable results.

The film had a feeling of "Just Go With It." Sandler and Barrymore create great on screen chemistry again. It is immaterial that you know what is going to happen, because you want it to happen. The kids were great on screen too.

Heart warming and fun film.

Parental Guidance: No f-bombs, sex, or nudity. Adult themes.
33 comments129 of 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2014
My husband and I recently went to dinner and took in a movie, for our anniversary. We chose to go see Blended because we are big fans of the Sandler/Barrymore movie, 50 first Dates, and this looked much like the same genera. We were NOT disappointed...this was a funny, energetic, feel good movie that had us laughing, all the way through it and still smiling when we left the theater.

What made this movie exceptionally funny, to us, was the humorous & sometimes frustrating look, at the everyday trials and tribulations, that go along with being a Parent. Thank you, Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore for another FANTASTIC movie. I hope they make many, many more, with this same Adam Sandler style, which is much different than the Adam Sandler we are used to....this is a REFRESHING change from some of his loud, vulgar movies, that I can't seem to watch. Adam is a naturally funny person and wonderful actor, that doesn't need to be way out there, to make great films, that make us laugh until we cry.

Sander and Barrymore have a wonderful on-screen chemistry that is just "Movie Magic". If you haven't seen this one, yet, make it a point to go! I will be purchasing this movie as soon as in becomes available for sale.
11 comment52 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2014
As this is a comedy romance, I wasn't having high expectations when I decided to watch this, and there were some stupid moments in the start of the movie that almost had me stop watching, however I stuck through and I'm happy I did.

First of all, this movie is funny which is more than what you can ask for in your average rom/comedies nowadays. There's a soul behind all the humour which is another plus indeed. Yes, you'll find your average cookie cutter ending and they really do kill the stereotypes and cliches, doesn't make it any less entertaining fortunately.

Give it a try, even if you're not an Adam Sandler fan, I'm not and it appealed to me still. Also this is so much better than 50 first dates or whatever they filmed almost 10 years ago.
0Comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Adam Sandler (Grown Ups, Billy Madison) is back on the big screen and in an honest attempt to make a real funny family film; he succeeded with “Blended”. Directed by Frank Coraci (Click, Zookeeper) and written by Ivan Menchell (Bedtime, The Nanny) and Clare Sera (Doin’ It Yourself) the film pairs up Adam and Drew Barrymore (E.T., Charlie’s Angles) for the fourth time and this time they have a wonderful on screen chemistry and they play very well of each other’s sarcasm.

Drew and Adam play divorced parents of kids that are estranged to them both as separated parents. All the kids, in both their respective families, have issues and none of them seem a cohesive unit in the beginning. The first half of the movie they hate each other, starting with their first date, then by the second act, in a realistic and very funny way, they end up – you guessed it – falling for each other.

Adam has three girls. Two, in the beginning look very much like boys. They are played by Emma Fuhrmann (Are We Listening) and Bella Thorne (Frenemies, Shake It Up!) and their transformations is extremely heartwarming thanks to Drew’s motherly touch. Now for the ‘AWE’ factor of the film, throw in his third and youngest daughter played by Alyvia Alyn Lind (Dark Skies, Fire Twister) and you have a truly realistic divorced dad with a really big heart.

Now Drew’s has two boys who are typically loud, obnoxious at times and a little sneaky whenever they can be played by Braxton Beckham (ICarly, NCSI) and Kyle Red Silverstein (Grey’s Anatomy, Lift) who test the patience of everyone in the movie. Now thanks to Adam, the boys learn some valuable lessons on relationships, sports and a whole lot more. See where this is going?

Now, through a series of circumstances and a little misrepresentation, both Drew and Adam basically lie about a trip that Adam’s boss (who we never see) was going to take with Drew’s best friend, Jen. And a very special note to actress Wendi McLendon-Covey ( Reno 911, Bridesmaids) who plays Drew’s best friend Jen because she always steels the moments with her quick wit, her wry humor and her ever piercing sarcasm. I was in tears with many of her quick whips of verbal abuse she tends to give everyone – no holds barred!

Where is this Trip? A South African resort that is especially for ‘Blended’ and mixed families - both straight and gay - and they’re there to be bonding while supposedly having a good time. You can imagine all the African comical situations you can think of (including animals) and some that will absolutely shock you in a very funny (but in a family style) way. Needless to say both Adam and Drew have no idea their disdain for each other would continue in Africa and in the same suite! The rest is a pure comedy delight!

Equally as funny but in the more negative letch-like way, is Joel McHale (Ted, Community) who plays Drew’s ex-husband as rotten as scummy as could be. He does a nice job at the antagonistic role that really ‘eggs’ everyone in the film on.

Kevin Nealon (SNL, Anger Management) and Jessica Lowe (Living The Dream, Wish It Inc.) play a divorced ‘blended’ couple who can keep their hands (arms, legs, feet, lips) off of each other through most of the film and they do it with some hysterical results. They too have a son with communication issues played by Zack Henri (Teacher of the Year) who later comes out of his shell thanks to Adams ‘transformed’ daughter. (You’ll just have to see how that is done in a very charming way!)

Wonderful character actor Terry Crews (Bridesmaids, Get Smart) plays this wildly funny musical host at the African hotel who seems to literally pop up everywhere you would not expect him too. He too steels some of the scenes with his huge eyes and bright big smile while he sings various altered editions of popular songs.

This is definitely a family film with a lot of crazy and wild humor but at its center it has a real true heart to it. I had so much fun watching all the characters come to life in a hysterical way that “Blended” will literally make you laugh from start to finish with all its characters and exotic situations. Some for the whole family to see and be sure to tell them Lorenzo of the [...] sent you!
22 comments33 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2014
We saw this at the movies today and were not disappointed. My husband and I really liked this movie along with my 6yr old, 13yr and 15yr old daughters and their friends. We all were cracking up throughout the movie. I actually had to use the napkins I grabbed for the popcorn because I was crying from laughing so much and was using them for some of the parts that made me cry because they were sad. All in all, we thought it was a really good movie and finally a comedy that is not rated R that you can actually take the whole family to see.

The movie is about a couple that gets off on the wrong foot on a crappy blind date and ends up both showing up in Africa in place of Adam Sandler's boss who originally planned a romantic vacation for his girlfriend to meet his kids. Adam Sandler is a widow with 3 girls he dresses and treats like boys and Drew Barrymore is divorced with two boys. They are both working single parents who wanted to do something nice for their kids on spring break and would never be able to afford a trip like that on their own. Neither of them knowing that the other one was going on the trip. I found it to be both funny and heartwarming and as we were leaving the theater my daughter said she wanted the movie when it came out on dvd. I would definitely not mind seeing it again. We also liked Grown ups and Jack and Jill which both didn't get too good of ratings.
0Comment25 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2014
Blended is definitely one of the better Adam Sandler movies in recent years. To me, it had a decent storyline, great comedy, and even some touching moments that'll pull on your heartstrings. This review may have spoilers. Sandler stars as Jim Friedman who goes on a terrible blind date with Drew Barrymore's character, Lauren Reynolds. Both have children of their own. When one thing leads to another, both Jim, Lauren and their families end up at a lovers resort in Africa. They all have a rocky start, but slowly become friends. Lauren helps Jim's daughters and Jim helps Lauren's sons. If you love Adam Sandler movies, you'll definitely love BLENDED!!!
on June 15, 2014
This movie is funny. I don't know why these idiot critics gave this movie thumb down but I laugh from begin to the end when I watched this movie in the theater
on July 29, 2014
This is my new favorite comedy, HILARIOUS! The actors play there role great and bring the characters to life. The funny things that happen you never see coming, which is what left me laughing. The story line also was plotted out perfectly.
on August 18, 2014
I absolutely love this show. Seen it several times before it was available for purchase. Adam and Drew "blend" together very well. The movie is a little naughty for small children but had a good message.
on August 14, 2014
Another enjoyable Adam Sandler movie. Lot of good laughs and Drew Barrymore was at her best. Loved all of the kids. But if those boys were mine they would hanging from the rafters. Watch this one.