Questions & Answers
Blendtec Total Blender, FourSide Jar, Black
by Blendtec
4.4 out of 5 stars (862)
$329.95
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 97 questions
votes
Yes. We made coconut chutney and "puli thogayal" just by pressing pulse button. Surprised to see the real paste, in less than a minute - we are happy we made the correct decision of buying this product. We were using Osterizer and Priya blenders, but they are no match for this blender, despite the fact that this blender costs about 10 times the cost of Oster.
Nov 6, 2011 by K. Raman
votes
will it blend? Jul 20, 2013
It will blend anything. Frozen bananas are a drink in 45 seconds. You can grind dry barley to flour. Not found anything it will not reduce to a smooth uniform consistency.
Jul 20, 2013 by Doug Freeman
votes
Never tried it, but I'd be willing to bet it could do it.
Mar 29, 2014 by M. Kern
votes
Hi Kathryn. To me, it sounds like the seal in your jar is starting to go bad. I have a Blendtec HP3A that developed a leaky jar. After about six months of normal use the blade stopped spinning smoothly by hand; it felt slightly ratchety but it still blended just fine. Next, it started to leak a very small amount of dark liquid from the bottom of the jar around the shaft. Then, it leaked more. Right after the one year warranty expired, the seal around the shaft smoked and disintegrated while grinding grain. Now the jar is completely unusable. Blendtec pretty much said 'tough luck, would you like to buy our new (even more over-priced) jar with a 4" blade?' I asked if they had improved the seal, but the Blendtec customer rep. didn't know so she gave me the "sonically welded blade with a lifetime warranty" sales pitch. I have been without a blender for almost a year and I'll have to fork out more money for a replacement jar because I did not recognize the first symptoms of a seal failure. So, learn from my mistake and start complaining to Swindletec about their over-priced, disposable jar with its poor quality seal while it is still under warranty.
Jun 21, 2010 by Tightwad
vote
I know what this is! I always listen and I get crazy eyes and start laughing like a mad scientist. The blade is speeding up and there is a lack of resistance because most of the ingredients have blended fairly well, you are really getting the full throttle of the Blendtec at that point. So awesome.
Feb 13, 2013 by S. Martin
vote
I have never had/used the Vitamix but I did research both before deciding to purchase the Blendtec (read about the construction of the motor for one thing). I had a problem with the container seating correctly on the base and when I called the company about it they replaced it immediately, free of charge, and I've had no problems since then. I later purchased a Blendtec for my daughter and she has been as happy with hers as I am with mine. I have recommended it to friends.
Aug 19, 2013 by Amazon Customer
votes
It comes out very smooth. It will blend everything. I even put in flax seeds and can't even see it. It's the best blender ever!!
Dec 30, 2014 by Gisele Labonte
votes
Yes. This will blend just fine. The whole Juice button has been designed to go with the cookbook. If you make a juice that has a denser set of fruits and vegetables then what is in the cookbook, it's not a big deal. You just need to get back up to top speed on the manual controls and run it longer. The blades spin fast enough to heat up soup, so younwant to keep the smoothie cool. I don't think you really need to strain the grass. There are 2 elements to determine the smoothness of your smoothie: water and time. If it is dense add water, if it is still too grainy but thin enough just run it longer.
Sep 10, 2012 by salesmonkey202
votes
No it couldn't
Oct 11, 2014 by Kimberly Kennedy
votes
Have never experienced this. We have over 1300 blends and it's still working great.
Mar 20, 2014 by Mfige
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers