5.0 out of 5 stars Another great one by Warneke

3.0 out of 5 stars Hero Needed to Do Some Serious Groveling
Published 18 months ago by HappyHeart1993

3.0 out of 5 stars Hero Needed to Do Some Serious Groveling, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to like this story, and I didn't hate it. But Victoria, the heroine, is apparently the blind one here if she can't see that her "best friend" is just a colossal witch! If someone said some of the things to me that Taylor says to Victoria, I'd deck them. Seriously. Then to find out later who Taylor really was? Wow, it just multiplied my dislike of her for the way she treated Victoria.

Then there's the shallow hero. SPOILER ALERT: When James' sight returns, he can be forgiven for kissing Taylor by mistake. Well, not really. I mean he's been kissing Victoria and has made love with her and he totally ignores the tactile clues that are right there at his fingertips -- literally! But when he gets drunk and calls Victoria? What an incredible horse's behind! And then he agrees to go out with Taylor!!!!!! It just got worse and worse and yes, there's an HEA, but good grief, Victoria seriously needed to hold out for some very intense groveling and sucking up. On top of it all, at one point SHE apologized to HIM!

I hate to only give 3-star reviews, but I just can't give this one any more. Just too many unlikable characters and actions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea for a happy ending love story, bad execution, February 10, 2013
Susan F Reitz (Fishers, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
This story had a great idea, about finding love where you least expect it, that looks are not everything, that true love comes from the inside, not out. I thought this was going to be good due to the rating, but I made the mistake of not reading any reviews, I mean the other couple of people who felt the way I did.

-----SPOILERS-----

Victoria is beautiful, but simple woman who does not compare to her gorgeous, to die for, best friend Taylor. A gorgeous, rich man (James) sees Taylor through a store window and vows to meet the woman of his dreams, but before that could happen, he is in a car accident that takes his site. So when he finally goes to meet Taylor, he meets Victoria instead, thinking that it is Taylor and falls in love with her. Good idea for a love story, but this is where it went wrong.

Victoria's insecurities were through the entire book till the very end. Constantly comparing herself to Taylor. It got old real fast, even at the end. I was also tired of reading how Taylor talked down to Victoria, or how she slept with Victoria's boyfriends to get back at her for fear of stealing her dad away (turns out they are half sisters) and Victoria had no issues with it or doesn't mind being talked down too. It is like this till the end of the book.

James blindness is not believable. Some might say that it is a story, but what gets me how his eyesight comes back. He just wakes up one morning and poof, has perfect eyesight after 3 months of blindness. He had no light sensitivity, perfect vision with depth perception. He even drove shortly after waking up, never missing a step. Now I have never been blind, but I know how I feel if I stay in a dark place for long and then turn on the light.

In a way this felt more like a YA novel with the trips back memory lane to high school. These are college educated adults and all they can talk about are the prep schools that they attended, college life nothing more than an afterthought. There is even a side story of Victoria's paternity. This was dull and not even interested. Victoria finds out that her mom had an affair and her dad isn't her dad, but her parents love one another and the affair was nothing but another event. There was no real ground to the back story, it has no impact on the relationship between Victoria and James, it was nothing more than a side note.

Like I said, good idea for a story, that is why I got it (it was free). But for me, the execution was bad. It is obvious that there are people out there that like this book, so do what I didn't do, read all the reviews and make the decision yourself if you want to read this, but my advise is that is it is not free, pass it up. If it is still free, take a chance on it, if you want.

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything is not always as the eyes can see., February 12, 2013
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this one as a free read, and I enjoyed it. It had a great premise; Hot, rich guy sees a beautiful girl that he wants to meet, but looses his vision before he can-he then meets who he "thinks" is the girl and falls for her charm and inner beauty and then it gets interesting. What I did not love about the book was Victoria's low self esteem and how it impacted her decisions, Taylor's demeanor, attitude and entitlement, and how poorly James handled the situation when he regained his sight. Overall, I love a romantic story with a HEA ending, but this could have been so much deeper/richer. For the most part it was a feel good lighthearted read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Wasn't One Of My Favorites, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
It didn't gel with me. A person with sudden blindness wouldn't bounce back so fast nor have such a sense of humor as did our hero. I truely didn't like him and felt him shallow and rather ignorant when it came to women especially talking to them. The heroine mentioned her plain looks verses her friends beauty so much I got tired of hearing it. Wat wat wat... When paternity issues were resolved I felt it was a silly twist that added nothing to the story. I have to admit towards the end I read dialogue only and was glad to have downloaded it for free.

1.0 out of 5 stars .., February 18, 2013
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
Don't even know where to start. The main character victoria literally has no self esteem. She has a best friend who has slept with numerous men Victoria was either interested in or was in a relationship with. Yet she maintains this friendship? This would never happen in the real world. Then she falls in love with a man who is temporarily blind, and when he miraculously gets his sight back he's upset with her for not being the woman he thought she was. During a phone conversation he literally insults her appearance. Then he just decides he really is in love with her and she takes him back.

The naive behaviour, lack of self esteem, and ridiculous friendship were irritating; then add in this outrageous relationship and you get a poorly written story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great one by Warneke, February 1, 2013
Jacque (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It was so sweet I was sad to see it end. I honestly I just couldn't put it down. I haven't read a regular romance in a while (usually I'm a Para-romance gal) and I'm so glad I got to read this book. The flow of the book was perfect. I adored all the characters and I'm hoping this will become a series. The romance and sex was hot. I enjoyed this book so much I've already recommended it to several friends. I really enjoy this author's writing style and even though AC Warneke's books tend to be paranormal I think she did a excellent job with regular romance. Looking forward to your next book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Passably pleasing, February 10, 2013
bookfiend (Sacramento, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
Okay, I knew going in what the story line was going to be. It was kind of a gimme knowing the title. It was cute, but EVERYTHING was overthought. The book would have been half as long if anyone just got to the point and stopped agonizing over everything in the story. These people need help with all the angst in their lives. I do have to say that I did not like Taylor at all, and I wondered why Victoria even put up with her-especially after she slept with two guys Victoria was interested in, and Victoria knew about it. Is that the way friends act today? Yikes. I think this is the book equivalent of Madonna's "Material Girl" song. Pretty much everything is judged by how much you have, how having money can make you look better and how much you make. Yawn. As I said, it was a passable read, just nothing special.

5.0 out of 5 stars *** LOVED IT ***, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED this book! It's just that you didn't see me

How could he admit that he had spent nearly half of his life in foolish pursuits of the perfect woman when the perfect woman for him would never have been a blip on his radar had he never lost his sight?
He was a fool............James

I LOVED this uplifting story and the message behind it, but I especially loved the fact that it had HOT sex and STEAMY sexual situations throughout. As a reader, I crave books that are written in ways that allow me to experience the feelings of the MC's. This is definitely one author who has that ability!

The attraction between James and Victoria is virtually instantaneous; however, there is not a "forced" feeling associated with it. From the beginning I was able to relate to Victoria; the author did an amazing job of staying true to Victoria's character. Sometimes, authors lose the ability to consistently portray a character's personality throughout a story, and more often than not, the personality characteristics and quirks that we grow to love in a character are often overshadowed by others, or disappear altogether. However, A.C. Warneke is truly gifted in her ability to tell a story in a way that highlights the individual characteristics of each character without giving you whiplash.

The story will pull you in once you start to read it, and I promise that you will NOT want to put it down.

I hope we will get to read more about James and Victoria in the future!

*A copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of eye rolling from me..., April 20, 2013
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
The plot had so much potential: a man sees a lovely woman whose image sticks in his mind and shortly thereafter, he's blinded. He can't forget her, and tracks her down once he's on the road to recovery. What a shame that it went downhill from there. The dialogue had me rolling my eyes because it was so ridden with clichés and melodrama. Hey, I love a dramatic story, but this was over the top! Throwing in a paternity plotline did not help; it just added to the messy mix. The heroine had such low self-esteem, and the root cause never made sense. Sure, she has a beautiful best friend, so what? She's lovely, too, and at least she doesn't....SPOILER...sleep around with her friend's boyfriends--as her supposed best friend repeatedly does with the h's boyfriends. The H was such a disappointment: shallow, shallow, shallow.

I'm giving it two stars for potential, but overall, it just didn't work.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you can't say something nice then...., February 11, 2013
This review is from: Blind Attraction (Kindle Edition)
I tried to read this book...really...Either the author was trying too hard or they just wanted it to sound like the cheesiet romance book on Earth. I just couldn't get into it, sorry!

Blind Attraction