4.0 out of 5 stars A hero's story of endurance and resilience
Blindsight is a rarity, a most often trauma-induced medical condition in which a person without sight can "see" through the blindness without consciously registering images. A person with blindsight will navigate around a garbage can without ever visualizing the obstacle. Blindsight is seeing without seeing, the brain doing a workaround.

Simon Lewis developed...
Published on August 26, 2011 by Rett01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so impressed
While the story was interesting, it was basically a story that seemed like a Reader's Digest magazine article. I would have rather have paid full price for a Reader's Digest than $2.00 for a very small story that was lacking in real detail. I read the entire thing while waiting for a Doctor's appointment.
Published on September 14, 2011 by Aliboba

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than movie, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Easy read that painted a better,fuller, more real picture of what happened than the movie did. Perfect book for a plane ride.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, But I Expected More, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This was a triumphant story about a man whose life drastically changed after a car accident. It definitely had some really touching points, but I was expecting more from the ending. But I guess when telling a true story, you can't fictionize it; You have to tell it like it is.

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting But, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
The story captivates you in the beginning but loses its intensity fairly quickly. I could see how this story would be helpful, but it just didn't catch my attention.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heartbeat, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This story shows just how quickly your life can change - in a heartbeat. An amazing story of one man's journey back from tragedy and the rebuilding of his life. I am in awe of his tenacity. Recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cool, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book which I enjoyed very much. I think it is incredible and anyone will too! Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars I can identify..., May 25, 2012
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
As most true stories go, this read was not meant to entertain, but inform. I found myself with tears at times identifying with the character and how his life was affected by vehicular onslaught. His recovery process is not dwelled upon at length in this short story, as the emphasis is on blindsight... the brain is amazing in how it compensates and side-steps injured areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rise and Shine, September 13, 2011
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Simon Lewis was recently profiled in Atavist online magazine, a very compelling interview. I encourage everyone who has seen Simon's coverage in Atavist or on TED etc. (he is a hot property) to buy his insightful book Rise and Shine (Santa MOnica Press, available on Amazon) as it is a touching gripping true-life story of a journey through near-death, and a lesson to us all about the health system and the need for an activist team for any illness. His new "vision" is just one aspect of his remarkable life -- you will be uplifted by his story in his words.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Full Story is in RISE AND SHINE, September 13, 2011
S. Pollard (Santa Monica, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This is an incredible story that I have been personally familiar with for quite some time. It is gut-wrenching and inspiring tale of love, loss, resilience, and recovery. For those of you who wish to learn more about Simon's remarkable journey, I highly recommend his book, RISE AND SHINE, which is available right here on Amazon.

Rise and Shine: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Journey from Near Death to Full Recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars question about book.before I purchase(not true rating haven't read yet).., August 28, 2011
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Is it a tiny short short story?? I think it says it's only 38 pages??? someone confirm this for me? it wouldn't let me submit question without rating.... so not a true rating at this time from me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Humm, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Blindsight (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
I thought the book was about blindsight, but really it's about a hollywood producer. I found this rather dull. I think the author seemed to miss the most important part of the story, the one on the title. This book should have been titled, "Story about a hollywood producer who survived a serious traffic accident". Now I'm totally empathetic to the poor fellow. But this is more like a newspaper article than a book. So if you want to read a long news article about a fellow in a serious traffic accident then by all means buy this book.

Blindsight (Kindle Single)