Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$1.99

on September 14, 2011
While the story was interesting, it was basically a story that seemed like a Reader's Digest magazine article. I would have rather have paid full price for a Reader's Digest than $2.00 for a very small story that was lacking in real detail. I read the entire thing while waiting for a Doctor's appointment.
on September 13, 2011
Simon Lewis was recently profiled in Atavist online magazine, a very compelling interview. I encourage everyone who has seen Simon's coverage in Atavist or on TED etc. (he is a hot property) to buy his insightful book Rise and Shine (Santa MOnica Press, available on Amazon) as it is a touching gripping true-life story of a journey through near-death, and a lesson to us all about the health system and the need for an activist team for any illness. His new "vision" is just one aspect of his remarkable life -- you will be uplifted by his story in his words.
on September 13, 2011
This is an incredible story that I have been personally familiar with for quite some time. It is gut-wrenching and inspiring tale of love, loss, resilience, and recovery. For those of you who wish to learn more about Simon's remarkable journey, I highly recommend his book, RISE AND SHINE, which is available right here on Amazon.

Rise and Shine: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Journey from Near Death to Full Recovery
on September 18, 2011
I picked this up intending just to kill 15 minutes or so and ended up reading the whole thing in one sitting. Loved it. Somehow Colin manages to take a tragic story and make it funny, uplifting, and sweet with absolutely zero corniness or predictability. And the end is something you really don't see coming. It's surprising and complicated in a way that feels true to life. Highly recommended.
on March 29, 2014
I neither enjoyed the way the story was structured, nor the ending. The only take home is that I know of a medical condition called blind sight. Simon Lewis' courage is to be applauded. I hope he gets a better story teller in the future...
on September 12, 2011
Colin's a natural storyteller. I was left rooting for Simon Lewis, thinking about him, long after I finished this powerful narrative.
on August 27, 2011
Gripping story by a writer with a true gift for story telling. Beautiful written.
This gives me hope for long-form journalism.
on June 13, 2013
This booklet was engaging and informative but somehow by the end it didn't quite do it for me. Especially in relation to the title. The person it was written about had blind-sight but I never felt like I really got much sense of the significance of that capacity especially for this person. Maybe this is why it was only a booklet because the author didn't quite have a full enough vision of what he was doing in writing about this person or else the story just didn't have a satisfying conclusion for me.
on September 23, 2012
Blindsight is just that at times in the book. It was written ok but there is a lot missing.
Maybe because it didn"t seem to wrap up. It's as if the book is only part finished. Needed
more information. Buy it? Try to borrow instead.
on August 28, 2011
Is it a tiny short short story?? I think it says it's only 38 pages??? someone confirm this for me? it wouldn't let me submit question without rating.... so not a true rating at this time from me.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse