5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family card game
3 Reasons why Blink is a great game to play with your kids:
Simple Rules - the box says ages 7 & up, but a bright 3-year-old can learn it in a few rounds (ours did).
Published on February 8, 2004 by Eunjoo Hopkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that fun. Same thing over and over.
Pros:1) Kids can play even with adults. I know my daughter (who is 6) likes it a lot because it she's good at it and can beat kids and adults handily; 2) It's not expensive; 3) It comes in a nice can, with nice cards and is not cheap-looking like so many games; 4) You can lose cards and still play.

Cons: 1) the person who has played more has a huge advantage...
Published on December 3, 2008 by cilisi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family card game, February 8, 2004
Eunjoo Hopkins (Farmington Hills, MI, USA) - See all my reviews
3 Reasons why Blink is a great game to play with your kids:
Easy to Handicap - It's a "get rid of your cards first" kind of game and I'm much faster than my 3-year-old, so I simply deal myself 3 times as many cards as I deal her. That way it's still a fun and challenging game for both of us.
Unlike most card games, this one plays just as well if you're missing a few cards - VERY important for a family card game.
The only downsides I have found are that it's really just a 2 or 3 person game. You'll have to get multiple decks and play "tournaments" if you have a large family. And I have more trouble shuffling these cards than most other cards - probably something about the coating on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a gift Giver, December 17, 2002
By A Customer
I originally purchased this card game for a good traveling game for a friends 7 year old daughter for Christmas. We gave the gift to her early since they were going to be away for Christmas this year! She asked us if we can play her new blink game with her and it was a fun game to play! It is so easy and the directions are very easy for anyone to understand and you can start playing before you know it! This is good for all ages trying to match colors, shapes and numbers and do it quickly!
This seven year old girl was very excited over this game and the game was short and fun which makes you want to keep playing over and over again. The only draw back I see with this game is that it only accomodates enough cards to play up to 4 people at a time. It would be even more fun if you could have up to 6 people playing this game and make it more challenging to watch more cards being played on the middle pile with the changes of colors, shapes and numbers which you have to match in order to lay the card to get it out of your hand. The person with the no cards in their hands first is the winner and can say Blink! This is a good game for families and easy to play with the younger members and the adults don't get bored with too easy of a game, as well a very good traveling game for anyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that fun. Same thing over and over., December 3, 2008
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars

Cons: 1) the person who has played more has a huge advantage. My daughter's friends are nice enough to play a few times but they always lose to her because they don't have the game and she's good at it. Against my husband and brother (both with advanced degrees) my 6 year old beats them so easily they can't believe she's not cheating. (A quick check of the cards after shows she wasn't). However, she has played more. They could get up to speed if they were interested in playing more but they're not because the game isn't interesting. 2) The game is too repetitive. After you've got the hang of it (and you can get the hang of it in just a few games if you're that kind of person), it is just more of the same over and over. You're not learning anything: the fun is just in winning, not in playing. 3) The game is TOO SHORT. If you have the hang of it you will fly though the cards so fast the game will take less than minute. 4) This is not an interactive or social game because you have 100% of your attention on the cards. You can't make conversation, compliment people on nice moves, laugh or even (if you're trying to win) blink.

I thought this game would be like the good old card games from childhood, Speed or Spit (you can find the rules on the Web if you don't know them). But those games are actually way more fun to play! Check them out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, June 22, 2002
A Kid's Review
I love Blink! My friends and I play all the time! You have to match cards with shape, color, or number. You try to get rid of all of your cards before the other person. It is the fastest game in the world! I would definetly reccomend this game to kids 7 and up, but adults will love this game too! This game is loads of fun and even educational!

5.0 out of 5 stars BLINK - This card game is soooo much fun!!!, February 2, 2006
Momof3dd (Lexington, KY United States) - See all my reviews
Our daughters got this card game for Christmas and we're all (the whole family) still playing it regularly. This game is for kids and adults too! It is so much fun! It really challenges the players to think fast, which is a great "brain workout" for kids. We can't get enough of it. It's definitely a game for the competitive person! The only thing that I have suggested to the company that they do differently is to make the cards more durable. I was informed that they are already in the middle of researching how to accomplish that. Even if I have to pay for another set of Blink cards (if we get to the point of having used them so much they're trashed), I would definitely do it! Again and again! It's a card game that I can see playing for years and years. I'm sold - we're crazy about it! What else can I say! I need to be a Blink sales person. They should be paying me for this review! If you buy it, hope you enjoy it as much as our family has!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, May 15, 2002
I bought this game for my fourth grade class and they love it! The rules are simple, a variety of ages can play and you can take it anywhere. Adults will find a game they can enjoy as much as the kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Game!, January 8, 2003
Harriet Carroll (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
We received Blink as a family Christmas gift. We can't stop playing. My children are 8 and 10 years old. When we first started playing I always beat them. Now I can't beat them to save my life! We've had hours and hours of fun playing Blink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting card game for whole family, November 21, 2002
Rick Piester (Ivesdale, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Ordered Blink after seeing it featured in several educational related mail order catalogs. It exceeded my expectations. Easy to learn, a lot of fun and quite addicting. Our family ranges in age from 4 to 40 and we all like to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blink..but do it fast!, July 27, 2005
Every Christmas we try to select games that the whole family can share in and we try to find new games, that everyone will like. This game is great because it is a fast paced game, that my kids play and then it is always...just one more time....after about 10 times...you can't get enough! I really like it too, because the kids will bring it in to play while I am making dinner. You can stop and play a couple of games, in no time at all! Three games, and back to making dinner! But it keeps you thinking and helps the younger kids with shapes, colors, numbers the whole bit. My daughter and her boyfriend challenge each other all the time...it is a favorite around the house..and I am buying it for my daughter at college too! Something to take the edge of when studying!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun~ Fast~ Educational, August 23, 2010
This review is from: Blink Card Game The World's Fastest Game (Toy)
Bought this card game for playing with grand kids. What a find! Very easy to play and is one they will beg to play over and over and you actually won't have a problem playing it over and over. It doesn't get old and tedious like some other games. The game play lasts maybe 2-3 minutes and it's pure excitement and fun for the kids. Youngest granddaughter is 6 and caught on immediately and was addicted instantly. It's great for eye hand, quick thinking and reaction. They must focus on color, counting and shape recognition to keep up and they do. You won't be disappointed with this game.

Blink Card Game The World's Fastest Game