Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Blinking Red Led Power Light

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2008 11:00:04 PM PST
The led power light just blinks rapidly, set will not turn on.
Trouble shooting guide says it's the power management system.
Set will not turn on, only 3 months old.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2009 9:53:13 AM PST
TechGuru80 says:
call samsung. this is covered under warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2009 10:27:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2009 5:30:25 PM PST
Any idea what is causing this? Whats the problem?
How is it fixed?
Very strange though, tv just turned on by itself. I turned it off and could not get it to turn back on. The red light on the front just blinks steadily. Came back about 2 hours later and set was on again. I think it's the power supply, or it's got gremlins. The service guy will be out in the morning to look at it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2009 12:30:45 PM PST
Service person came to the house and replaced the power supply and the mother board.
No charge, was covered under warranty, hopefully ends this problem.
We'll see how the next 8 months go.
Am very happy with the set otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2009 10:58:20 AM PST
Arturo Nuno says:
Do you have your speakers on? Do you use it as a computer monitor too? I know you resolved the issue but I'm a little curious still...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2009 4:22:24 PM PST
Ted G says:
Okay, this probably isn't your issue, but it may fix someone else's...
I was just having the rapidly blinking LED problem while trying to turn on my TV from my DVR remote. I looked around and found my TV remote, which was sitting under some furniture. I guess the buttons were jammed and that was blocking up the remote.
So, what I recommend before calling the repair man is to check if your remote is working properly :)

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 7:49:50 AM PDT
I had this problem within 1 month of receiving my product. The problem went away after a day.
Now I have the problem again - 12 months later. I am now out of warranty.

DEFINITELY REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT WITH SAMSUNG and have them look at your TV.

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 4:06:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2010 7:04:57 AM PST
Zach Everson says:
Having the same problem here, albeit on the 37-incher. Started off intermittently, now regularly. Out of warranty, service has been called.

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 7:12:05 AM PST
J. Frazee says:
2+ year old Samsung LN40A450C1D, won't turn on, blinking red light on front. Called Samsung, it is a covered one time repair, in house, because of faulty capacitors in power supply module. Yay!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2011 1:06:09 PM PST
Here is some advise from a 4 year Samsung TV owner. I have bought two different models of Samsung DLP TV's and all I can say is avoid buying these TV's they always break within 2 years of ownership. I have examined countless forms and help sites during the periods of time when my Samsung DLP TV's were broken and discovered that many people who buy Samsung TV's say they experience various problems that cause their TV's to not function. If you pay anywhere above 1,000 dollars for a TV make sure it will last check reviews and be consumer educated because TV's are one of those things that should last at least 5 years without problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 5:06:23 PM PST
A. Hohlt says:
I'm having the same problem J. Frazee. Just called Samsung - waiting for one of their techs to call me back. How long did it take for them to fix yours?

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 9:17:05 PM PDT
Yep Samsung will cover the replacement for the capacitors 1 time for free!! No matter how long you've had it, so take a chance and call them! Very helpful guy that helped me with my problem. I just hope that fixs it and it doesnt end up being the power converter...

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 11:36:07 PM PDT
Recently my 47" LG LCD TV started acting up. No sooner than a month passed and my TV was pronounce useless. All I got when I pressed ON was a black screen and a red power light flashing. The red power LeD would stay blinking forever until I pressed OFF and then it would stay a solid red like most electronics these days. So I made a few phone calls and did a quick research online and found out that it would cost over $500 to fix my TV which just so happened to be a month after my warranty expired. I did some more reasearch and realized I can fix it myself for under $30. The problem with my LG was the capacitors. A quick opening of the back panel will show you if this your problem. I made a tutorial video on how I did it. Check out the video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGiXqBAvvo

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:46:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 1, 2011 7:52:10 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 11:39:57 AM PDT
Coach Barber says:
Good news... do you have a phone number for repairs?
Thanks in advance,

Coach

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 5:23:20 AM PDT
C. Smiley says:
Okay I am having the problem with my tv that the power light is flashing red. it will bring up a picture then shut off and keeps flashing. Called Samsung, said since its out of warranty there is nothing they can do for us. Really irritating because it was used six months put in a climate controlled storage unit for a year then used a month after my husband got home from iraq. I jus need to know if it will be cheaper to fix it then buy a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 6:57:32 PM PDT
Lynn says:
I had the rapid blinking LED problem also. Thankfully, I found this post and the TV and remote are 100%. My remote wasn't jammed but the battery's were FUBAR. Go Navy!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 12:56:28 PM PDT
Melisa Pace says:
I have a 2 year old Samsung 32 inch LCD TV. It was working fine last night but when i tried to turn it on today it wont turn on and the power button is flashing red light. I see this is a problem many other seem to have and many have fixed themselves. I am hoping that Samsung will make this right. Where are people getting these parts (compacitators) to fix it themselves?

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 2:01:28 PM PST
Thanks for the tutorial Antonio!

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 11:50:37 PM PST
J. Stenberg says:
My tv was working fine, but the light was just blinking. Thought I'd try to figure it out. Well thanks to this forum, I found the tv remote (I was just using the cable remote or manually operating) and found I had removed the batteries for use else where. Well I put in new batteries, turned off tv and turned back on with remote. It turned on, and the light blinked a few times, then stayed steady as it should! Problem fixed ... At least for now! Thanks for the help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2011 6:41:09 PM PST
Guybyny says:
Amazing. Had the same problem hours after I used my tv remote for the first time in months & jammed it back into its holder inadvertently depressing some buttons. Thanks for posting this!

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 5:28:00 PM PST
Blinking red light....picture turns off and then on automatically, clicking noise, cannot turn
tv on or off when red light blinkiing....these are capacitor problem and samsung will fix it free one time only ( due to large number of calls on this)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 5:40:21 PM PST
Linda Good says:
Mine too! thanks for the info on the free repair, :>

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 2:59:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012 12:54:45 PM PST
Razzy says:
I had the exact same problem just 5 mins ago and i was freaking out..turns out i found the old remote for it like someone suggested and pressed it and the light blinked really fast a few times then voila it turned on. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 5:07:23 AM PST
mamajana says:
Melissa, is yours a B model or C model? I have the same problem and my tv is two years old also, but when I called Samsung they said the free fix only applies to the C model!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  58
Total posts:  74
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2008
Latest post:  3 days ago

Search Customer Discussions