Blinking power light Our power went out briefly and now I can't get my machine to work. The power light is blinking....I have tried unplugging it. I can't find my Manuel and cant find info online. Does anyone know how to fix this and get my machine working again. Thanks.
asked by mommy j on September 21, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 answers
A
I had the same problem. If your serial number starts with 3531103 your machine was part of a bad batch. Call customer service and they will help you immediately. My replacement was sent the same day I called. Good customer service!!

BTW - you can try a hard reset by holding the power button down while the machine is unplugged. Then plug it in while holding the button. The power light should flicker and sound should start. Might need to try this up to 4 times.
Jesse Kerns answered on November 14, 2011
Comments (3) | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Like Wesley says, call their customer service. My unit got the blinking light too and I called them 408.377.3411. Couldn't have been nicer people! I live only a few miles away and stopped in personally. They dropped what they were doing and took care of me right away. Offered me water, Halloween candy while I was waiting. :) Normally, they just send you a brand new unit, but since I was so close they could easily fix mine. Still can't believe their customer service!
JamesTK answered on November 1, 2011
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Okay - ditto here. Wife found a different number, apparently, but they were very pleasant. Apparently, an SD card in the units are failing and they are from an SD Card manufacturer that they have since stopped using.

They were very friendly about replacing the unit, no questions asked and the unit is in the mail now. We use ours every single night to help keep our youngest of four (she's now 2.5 years old) asleep - it's a life saver! So glad the company is taking care of their customers.
E. Dunn answered on December 7, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Have you contacted AST customer support? Here is their information. They are really on the ball and helpful:

Corporate Info
Adaptive Sound Technologies
1475 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 116
Campbell, CA 95008

Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm PST

General Support / Inquiries
Email: support@soundofsleep.com
Phone: 408.377.3411
eXecuTech answered on June 27, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Same problem. Same serial number/batch. Called the 408.377.3411 number and got the same friendly customer service and fast replacement. Confirmed the SD card problem. Crossing fingers this one is from a good batch because we love the unit!
Lisa Vischer answered on January 3, 2012
Comment (1) | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just installed a new SD card they sent me, and its working like new again. Very easy fix.
Jason S. answered on April 10, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Add me to the long list of folks who met with very friendly customer service! They'd missed the day's mail, but said I should have the new SD card within three business days and also invited me to order from them directly for premium pricing, since I'm a return customer and mentioned that I wanted to buy the same model for a friend for Christmas. Seriously, this is what customer service is in the *dreams* of customers.
M. Steffens answered on November 13, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
These guys have outstanding customer service.
Amazon Customer answered on January 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our much loved unit did the same as discussed above. Called the number shown (408)377-3411 and got the BEST customer service response I have ever had. Nicest, friendliest man said he will send a new chip and thorough instructions, with pictures, for replacing the chip. I encourage anyone having problems DO NOT THROW OUT THIS GREAT UNIT - call!
Katinka answered on October 4, 2012

A
I just had this problem as well and called the number and like everyone else customer service was great, painless and easy! Thanks to all for this thread!
MO answered on July 15, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product