5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving book
This book has some funny ,sad,embarrassing, romantic, and so over all I love this book and I bet the next one is even better than this one !!! I hope u love ed this book as much as I do please read this book and I think you will want to read the next one to
Published 11 months ago by MLA

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I was hoping
I love baking, so I was really looking forward to this story. It was cute enough, I suppose. Rosemary's insecurities definitely felt real and believable, and they explained her naiveté and poor choices. Though some of the issues she overlooked felt contrived (like the tart and the key at the end), so that was disappointing.

I also could not get over some...
Published 23 months ago by Tabitha

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10 year old daughter absolutely loved this book, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Bliss (Kindle Edition)
My 10 year old daughter absolutely loved this book, and couldn't wait to read the next two books in the series. She couldn't put it down, and I think she read it over the course of two days. She would come down and tell me bits and pieces of what was happening in the story; she really enjoyed the characters, and loved to tell me what she thought was going to happen next. I hope this author is planning to publish some more books - I know my daughter will be one of the first in line to get them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Book tease was definitely not accurate., February 14, 2013
This review is from: Bliss (Kindle Edition)
Reading the book tease gave me a completely different idea of what this book would be about. Read the 1st chapter and stopped. Not my kind of book at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magical bakery, January 19, 2013
S. Power (Austin, Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very cute children's book full of adventures and delicious treats! It's very simple and easy to read making it a good one for developing readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, Imaginative Book, December 30, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Twelve-year-old Rose Bliss wants to work magic in her family's bakery (like her parents do), but when they are called away and Rose and her siblings are left in charge, the magic goes askew and a pretty stranger tries to talk Rose into giving her the Bliss Cookery Booke. And hence the plot thickens and boils, to be punny. It's a light read and a fun-to-read-aloud book, too. I thoroughly enjoyed this magical little tome. My 9 year old granddaughter just finished reading all of the Harry Potter books and was looking for something 'still magical' as she said, to read. I was happy to have this book to pass along to her. She said it's now one of her favorite books. I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5/5 from Bookworm1858, March 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love books that have something to do with cooking or baking; I find it very comforting just as I love to watching shows featuring those activities. Plus the cover is bright and cheerful, which had me anticipating a fun story with family, food, and magic.

The Bliss family has a cookbook that has been handed down for generations and is filled with all sorts of secrets that are not shared with the Bliss children, Thyme (Ty), Rosemary (Rose), Sage, and Parsley (Leigh). While for the most part they don't mind as they are too self-absorbed or young, Rose does bristle at this. She has a natural talent for baking and is an awkward stage of adolescence. She is starting to notice boys but feels too plain; she feels overshadowed by her superstar older brother; she also alternates between feeling stifled by her home and never wanting to leave. It's a lot of complicated feelings, she's at a difficult age, and I understood where she was coming from.

All of these feelings come to a head when the Bliss parents leave town and the mysterious but glamorous Aunt Lily sweeps in to town. Buoyed by the absence of their parents and the encouragement of Aunt Lily, the kids start to experiment with some of the recipes in the book, causing havoc in their town. But Aunt Lily is also dangerous with a hidden past and her magical influence over people. She encourages the worst in the Bliss children even as Rose fights to do the right thing. Lily especially tempts and targets Rose with beauty and fame; Rose must rely on her own sense of right and wrong to determine the correct course of action.

For me, the book was pretty predictable, which is not a bad thing. But waiting for Rose to discover Lily's true colors was agonizing for me. I'm not sure why I felt so strongly about that plot point but it was on my mind through the whole book. I didn't even really enjoy the love spell Ty casts on the girls in the town or the crazy backwards spell that leads to a disco party because of my dread. This dragged down my enjoyment of the story and my overall rating but is obviously a very weird, personal thing.

Overall: A fun magical story with family and baking.

Cover: Delicious with yummy food in the window and pretty swirls on the words.

2.0 out of 5 stars The ending was rushed and unsatisfactory. The story is ..., July 9, 2014
This review is from: Bliss (Kindle Edition)
The ending was rushed and unsatisfactory. The story is just a setup for the sequel, therefore not worth the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!!!, June 16, 2014
Mary Perry-Thistle (Napa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bliss (Kindle Edition)
I really like this book because I really like baking a lot. But I wish that she made Rose acknowledged that she had a May be boyfriend. I would recommend this book to readers who like a good baking story

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book!, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Bliss (Kindle Edition)
Love it! Magical fun for the whole family. I read this book so many times this year that I think I have it memorized. At least, if it was a paperback the cover would have fallen off by now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, May 15, 2014
Malinda (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bliss (Paperback)
Cute story. Siblings getting into trouble plus a magical bakery. I recommend this series to everyone. My daughter is currently reading them and she says that they're "really good".

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 8, 2014
This review is from: Bliss (Kindle Edition)
good h Hugh gfs f2f gig ghost Kodiak Kelsey Kiev Jr by :(c'mon :) th by :/ by :(ghost hmm by

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Bliss
Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood (Hardcover - February 14, 2012)
$16.99 $13.81