5.0 out of 5 stars The balm!
Softens and soothes with a nice tingling sensation and a pleasant clove/menthol scent. This stuff is truly the best.
Published on August 2, 2004 by Heather Leah Kennedy

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the way this kept my lips ...
I love the way this kept my lips soft, but the smell is awful. I wouldn't use it for the smell factor but the results are good if you get past the smell.
Published on December 30, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars The balm!, August 2, 2004
This review is from: Blistex Lip Medex, .38-Ounce (Pack of 12) (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure comfort, keeps you awake too!, April 21, 2009
This is my favorite basic lip balm and I have been a devoted user for at least five years now. My friend told me about it since she was using it as well and I owe her the honor of introducing us. I always stock up on this little pot of gold; I have one at work and in my purse and by my bed and anywhere else that I spend a lot of time. I don't even mind that its in tub form, most lip balms that aren't in a sick form are moister and feel better, so I usually avoid chapstick types, they then to be little too waxy for my liking and this is very smooth and never sticky.

Blistex Medex is medicated, meaning it tingles and refreshes as it soothes, some people find camphor and menthol exhilarating while others probably find it harsh but I love it. This makes me lips really soft and pale which I like and is great to use and tissue off before I apply lip gloss or lipstick, most of the time I don't even bother with that, I use a dab of cheek/lip color ( I like Stila) and this on top and I'm done. This relieves any itching or dryness and my lips never peel in cold weather anymore. The cocoa butter makes for a nice base even though the balm is sheer and not glossy, guys can wear it too. I find that this helps restore the moisture balance in my lips and I am never without it. For a more holistic brand I recommend Dr. Hauschka's Rose lip balm, but I go through pots of balm so fast I would be spending all my salary on it, so if you want a cheap balm that's really great I give this two thumbs up.

- Kasia S.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blistex Lip Medex I test drove was ..., December 25, 1999
By A Customer
The Blistex Lip Medex I test drove was overall a terrific product. It went on smoothly and cooled my chapped lips. The product also really helped prevent chapped lips. The only thing I'd have liked to be different is for the product to be in a tube instead of a pot. That would make application a little easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best lip product on the market, April 12, 2010
I carry this stuff religiously. It is the only chapstick that I have ever used that did anything. It restores your lips and gives instant relief. I have taken trips and forgotten it at home and all I could think of the whole time was getting back to my lip medex. I honestly do not know how anyone lives without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, January 21, 2008
this stuff makes chapstick look like duck poo. currently living in boston and it keeps my lips nice and moist in the dry cold weather. The tingling feels great and it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only thing that works for me, December 23, 2011
But since I've ran out I can not find at any store anymore! I used to get it at Walmart. I've searched everywhere though. So now I have to resort to buying online. It is well worth it.

I have had a problem with my lips since I was a toddler. I remember having lips chapped so bad they would bleed all the time. For a while I tried carmex, but that just made them worse. Then I started using nivea And that helped somewhat. But then I came across medex, on some forum, went out and bought it and it's been working wonders ever since!
Since I ran out I've been using another blistex product, claims to revive, but it really can not compare to this product. I'll never run out again!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the medicated ""tingle"" of this product. ..., January 6, 2000
By A Customer
I like the medicated ""tingle"" of this product. If you like the waxy-type lip products, you would love this stuff! It protects and medicates at the same time. The only thing I didn't care for was the way the product was applied -- it's in a ""pot"" that you dip your fingers into. I personally don't care for this type of product. I really love the Blistex brand lip ointment in a tube, but if you're looking for a waxy type lip protector, this is a GREAT product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really liked this -- feels great going on ..., January 1, 2000
By A Customer
Really liked this -- feels great going on and keeps my lips really moist. This will be perfect for the ski slopes!! The only thing keeping me from giving it five stars is that it comes in a pot, so you have to use your finger to apply it. A TUBE of Medex would be a clear winner to me! Overall, an EXCELLENT product for the wintertime, especially here in frigid Maine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great moisture, January 27, 2005
I love this product. It softens your lips and soothes chapped lips in the winter. I love the tingle when you put this on. The smell is a bit medicine-ish but I think it is quite pleasent, a mixture of menthol and cloves.

Best thing: No joke, you can put this on dry chapped lips before bed, and wake up feeling relieved in the morning. It works that well.

Major Drawback: a bit messy to apply from the pot. You have to apply with your fingers and when you get down to the middle it becomes a bit difficult to do. (Hard with longer nails). But worth the trouble. Would be a better product if it came in a tube but I think it may be a bit to thick for a tube which is most likely why it isn't offered.

If you have chapped lips or you're just looking to soften then this is the product for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin, June 20, 2014
Exactly what I expected it to be, maybe a little heavy on packaging but since this product is designed to be displayed for retail I guess that is to be expected.

Blistex Lip Medex, .38-Ounce (Pack of 12)
$24.46 $22.78