Bloc Osma Alum Block, 2.65 Ounce
- All natural astringent that closes razor nicks
- Soothes and cools
- Made in France
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
During Shaving - in the event of a cut apply moistened stone to affected area to stop bleeding instantly. After Shaving - run under cold water and rub lightly to tone the skin and close the pores.
Top Customer Reviews
* Works on Nicks and Cuts - This product works well on my face for the occasional (and sometimes not so occasional as when my toddler comes in and pokes me while I'm shaving) nicks and cuts and for soothing razor burn. I use a double-sided safety razor, but this would work equally well after shaving with any device. Small cuts cease bleeding rapidly after application and razor burn is soothed after gliding this block over the area.
* Natural product - this is simply a block of alum. For those who wish to keep their cosmetic and toiletry products as natural as possible, this is the way to go. No manufactured chemicals here!
* Unisex - A browse through some of the reviews of this and competing products leads me to believe that this is a product used mostly by wet-shaving men. Ladies: This will work just as well, just as soothingly, on any areas where you happen to shave and leave nicks, cuts, or irritation. As some areas are more sensitive than others, you will appreciate that this is a natural product that works very well with sensitive skin. (For those who are wondering, my wife has attested to me that the forementioned is true)
* Value - While it does perform well, it has to be understood that this is, after all, just a block of alum, as any other. This is the same substance being sold under other brands, at wildly varying prices. It doesn't make sense, then, to pay for an antiseptic alum block when the very same thing can be had for a fraction of the cost under a less sexy label... discounting the benefit of snob-appeal, of course. Considering also that this really does come in a diminutive size, (approx.Read more ›
All that in mind, be aware that this is a pretty small block. The picture doesn't give you any reference, but it's maybe 2" tall. I guess I expected it to be about the size of a bar of soap, so it was a bit of a surprise. Not complaining, just want to get that information out there.
Wikipedia says it's sweet tasting
but for the love of god
please don't lick it
Let me walk you through my post-shave routine to give you an idea. First I rinse my face with water to remove any remaining lather. Second, I clean my face with Witch Hazel in order to reduce inflammation and to really clean the shaved area. Then I wet the Alum and apply it. Once my face is dry, I apply my aftershave and I am good to go. It seems like a bit of a hassle, but my face feels fresh and clean for the rest of the day.
This is a solid addition to any shave routine, and it will definitely help you reduce post-shave complications.
Be careful with any alum block for should they be
dropped, they shatter.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm not a connoisseur of alum blocks, and this was the first I used. That being said, I bought this to seal my scalp after I finish shaving with a double-edged razor. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Situational Awareness
Half the size of other Alum blocks. Will do the job, but why is it so small?Published 22 days ago by J. Varnell
Get these! Do it now. So much better than aftershave balm and it stops any bleeding immediately.Published 28 days ago by marcVA
Works as it should - stops bleeding after shaving. I wet the end slightly and use it. It hasn't broken or fallen apart, but rather just sort of melts away over time. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Gatorman
It is exactly what it is advertised. It is a solid block of alum that you rub on your wet face after you shave. Read morePublished 1 month ago by air805ronin
I'd never heard of an alum block until I'd read the five star customer reviews of this one on a shaving products site. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JBR
This alum block is outstanding and I use it daily after shaving. I use this after a safety razor shave and even the occasional expensive Gillette shave cartridge.Published 1 month ago by A. Ellis