on February 10, 2012
Verified Purchase
My daughter is 3 and just started ballet. At first I was desperate to find something she could use while I was looking and purchased a pair of Danskin satin-ish slippers that they have available at about any Walmart. They worked ok until I got these in the mail, then the others seemed subpar. These came in a little official looking flat box and at first I was worried that they looked tiny. My daughter wears a 9.5 shoe in toddlers right now and I ordered the 10c (not quite sure what the c is for) so they'd last her a bit. The difference between these and the other shoes is amazing. My daughter LOVED them and put them on right away. I loved the little bunnies on the inside and the fit...exactly what I had hoped for. There was a little bit of room in the toe and since that is what I was going for, I was very pleased. They smell like leather and for some reason, that makes me happy, lol. I'd say that I am very very pleased with my purchase and will order Bloch again for future ballet shoe needs.
It has been an entire season of dance for my daughter and I just wanted to say that these shoes have continued to work wonderfully and have stayed gorgeous. Now that my daughter is about to need a bigger size, I will definitely be getting these in a bigger size. Can't say how happy I've been with these shoes. I'm also about to try out the tap shoes by Bloch and will write a review for what I think about those as well.
January 2015
3 years later, I still think that for 2-5 year olds, these shoes are the perfect starter ballet shoe. Now that my daughter is 6 and they no longer even sell these in her bigger girl size, we prefer a split sole for flexibility and the classic ballet peachy color of Capezios. We are currently buying her Capezio Love shoes because they don't have the pesky string in front and because they're a split sole. In the future when she can't fit into the Loves, we'll go back to Bloch and buy the Prolite Hybrid shoes.
on September 26, 2012
There are so many mixed reviews about this product that I was hesitant about purchasing but the price and cuteness of the product made it worth a try. I am so happy that I purchased this product because it is a very good quality for a good price. My 3yo wears a 10 in regular shoes so I decided to buy an 11C. FYI, C is normal width, A is the narrowest and D is the widest. The shoes fit about a half size bigger lengthwise which is great for me because they will last the whole year. The bow strings on top run along the sides and can be pulled to securely fasten the shoe on their feet which is another plus if you're like me and bought a little bigger. I did a lot of research before buying this shoe as it is my DD first time in ballet and I wanted to make sure that she had good, comfortable shoes. It came down to Bloch and Capezio, which were a little more pricier. I'm glad that I chose these; I am happy with my purchase as these are great beginner shoes. Another FYI, it is a pastel pink, not a ballet pink like many other shoes and it does have a nametag on the inside of the shoes. I will buy again once daughter outgrows these and I would definitely buy other Bloch products.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 13, 2014
Verified Purchase
I am not a dancer nor do I have any previous experience with ballet slippers, but I do know a quality shoe when I see one. I wasn't happy with the options at retail stores in my area, so I found these on Amazon for less than what I would have paid in store.

My 3 yr old wears size 8.5 normally, even fits into a size 8--so I read these reviews and ordered up (size 10 D). "D" is the normal width and was perfect. These fit with only a little room to spare, so I think I will actually exchange them for size 10.5 D. They run extremely small.

I ordered both the Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Ballet Pink,10 N US Toddler) and the Bloch Dance Bunnyhop Slipper Ballet Flat (Pink,10 D US Toddler). Please see the pictures for comparison that I posted in the image gallery.

Both shoes are extremely well made and have nice leather flexible soles for movement.

The Bloch Bunnyhop shoes win in my comparison. I wanted a PINK ballet slipper to match the other shades of pink that are sold in most dance shops for leotards, tights, etc. These are perfect!! The bunny lining is adorable, they are soft but thick. The Capezio shoes are not really pink, they are nude. And for that reason I will be sending them back.

The other reason that I like these better is that the elastic string can be pulled tight in the front, and it cinches up the rest of the shoe all the way around the ankle, for a tighter fit.
Verified Purchase
These are true to size, seem to be made well and the leather feels soft and comfortable. The little bow in front is actually like a draw string which can be tightened or loosened to fit.
on September 4, 2014
Special Size Type: Toddler (1-4 Years)Size Name: 11.5 C US ToddlerColor Name: PinkVerified Purchase
This is the second pair of these ballet shoes we have ordered. They are perfect for my almost 5 year old's ballet class. Her last pair held up very nicely for the whole year last year. The elastic tie allows for a bit of adjustment but it's still important to take note of the width. Overall great ballet slipper!
on December 28, 2012
Special Size Type: Toddler (1-4 Years)Size Name: 6.5 B US ToddlerColor Name: PinkVerified Purchase
The shoes are adorable! I ordered a B. My daughter has average to narrow feet, and the B was WAY too narrow for her. I'll be exchanging them for a C, and hopefully that will fit!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 20, 2014
Shoes definitely are a little big but my daughter will grow into it. I ordered a size and a half larger then my daughter's normal shoe size because her last pair was so tight. She seems to like her new shoes and it's nice to know they will last awhile. My daughter is 4 and normally wears a 10. I got her a 11.5 c
on January 17, 2013
Special Size Type: Little Kid (4-8 Years)Size Name: 13.5 C US YouthColor Name: PinkVerified Purchase
These are the most adorable shoes ever and the fit is true to size. My daughter loves bunnies, so she was tickled pink with these!
It is always recommended that you size up 1 full size than what your child's foot measures at. My daughter is 6 yrs and 8 months old. Her foot measures a 12.5 and she normally wears a size 13 shoe... so I ordered her a size 13.5 and they fit perfectly. Ballet slippers are supposed to be a little roomy in the front... at least half size.. or a half of your thumb print worth of room.
If in doubt, order a half size larger than their shoe size. They can always be exchanged.
on August 3, 2014
Special Size Type: Toddler (1-4 Years)Size Name: 8.5 C US ToddlerColor Name: Pink
As a former dancer I knew Blochs quality, so these for my 3 year old as she starts her first ballet classes were a must. They do seem a little small, she normally wears a 8 so I bought her the 8.5C and they are just perfect now with little growing room (hope I don't have to buy another pair before the dance season is out) I was surprised to see the elastic already sewn on, but happy I don't have to start sewing her shoes (yet)
on November 13, 2014
Special Size Type: Toddler (1-4 Years)Size Name: 9 M US ToddlerColor Name: PinkVerified Purchase
These are wonderful ballet shoes for your budding ballerina!

Leather: The leather is of good quality. It's supple and bottoms are nice.

Color: The color is wonderful! It's a true pink tone, not orange. These shoes match our Theatrical Pink Danskin Microfiber Tights perfectly (great tights btw!). Several of the moms with the orange-pink shaded shoes have asked me about our lovely slippers and where I got them.

Adjustable Top Fit: The little elastic string/bow around the top allows for adjusting the shoe for a nice snug fit.

Sizing: I'm not a dancer myself, so I can't speak to the technical particulars of the fit for a ballet shoe. However, this is a quality brand. My daughter was wearing a Size 26 in Pediped and a size 9 in Sketcher Twinkle Toes when I got these slippers. I originally ordered a Size 9.5, but that slipper had much too much room in the toe for her feet. (Slippers should be a snugger fit, or so I'm told.) So, I exchanged them hassle-free here on Amazon for a Size 9 (Note: I'm an Amazon Prime member) and they fit great! She's been jumping and tip toeing and doing spins and these shoes keep right up with her and stay on.

Super pleased with this purchase!

---------
5 Month Update: These shoes are still wearing great. They've held together just fine, but she only wears them in the dance studio and at home a little bit. (Note: these shoes are not intended for street wear; it's bad for the shoe and also bad for the dance studio's floor.)

Also, I misplaced one of the shoes three weeks ago and thus ordered another pair. My daughter's shoe size had increased to a 10.5 so I went ahead and bumped up to the Size 9.5. She still has some room in the toe, but her dance instructor said they were fine. I eventually found the other Size 9 (naturally, two weeks later) and she can still wear that pair, but they are getting pretty snug,

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations