5.0 out of 5 stars good choice for an inexpensive ballet shoe
Published on September 13, 2011 by Baby's Momma

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon has wrong width sizing
I love Bloch. They make the best ballet flats in the world and I have no qualms with them.
Published 9 months ago by bandld

5.0 out of 5 stars good choice for an inexpensive ballet shoe, September 13, 2011
I am pleased with this purchase. My three year old daughter's foot was measured at Stride Rite recently, and they said she is a perfect 9 and could wear a medium or wide. I bought her a 9.5 in Stride Rite so that it could last the season. She can also currently still squeeze into her Stride Rite 8.5s. (I'm including this info so you can get a better understanding of how this ballet shoe fits.) I ordered the 9.5C Bloch Dance Ballet Slipper for my daughter. The width is good, and she still has a little growing room left in the toe. I know that normally ballet shoes are supposed to fit exactly, but there isn't so much room left in the toe to give us problems, although I think I could have ordered a 9 for now. Many of the other girls in my daughter's ballet class purchased their shoes from Payless. They paid about the same for what they got as what I got, and clearly, the quality of the Bloch Dance Ballet Slipper is a lot better. I would recommend this shoe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon has wrong width sizing, September 20, 2013
I ordered a "medium" width only to find out that what Amazon considers to be medium, Bloch considers wide (D). My kid takes a C width. This is not described on the product page but it is in the order history when you look up the shoes to return them. Since Amazon doesn't offer C width I now get to go through the hassle of returning them and ordering from Bloch and waiting a week.

DEAR AMAZON: THIS IS BLOCH'S WIDTH DESCRIPTION COPIED AND PASTED FROM THEIR WEBSITE: [please update accordingly and offer the full range of widths]

Width

B - Narrow

C - Medium

D - Wide

MOMs: ballet shoes have separate fit guidelines from street shoes. They should fit snug- no space at the end of the big toe and when the wearer bends their knee (with feet flat on the floor) the toe should not buckle. Neither should there be gaps or puckers round the drawstring. Tight shoes prevent the dancer from balancing and loose shoes cause tripping and injury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, February 17, 2011
Christina Penn (Brambleton, Virginia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bloch Dance Dansoft Ballet Slipper (Toddler/Little Kid) (Apparel)
I bought these when I realized that they were cheaper than Capezios and look practically identical. They are practically identical, except that the toe is a bit longer on the foot than a Capezio slipper, and so it looks a little different if you are used to the Capezio line of shoes.

I'm now looking to buy a pair for my son. Since he loves to wear his sister's slippers and dance around too, I thought I'd put him in a class for toddlers. I especially like that the Bloch shoes are perfectly plain on the inside, lacking the girly flower motif found inside Capezios. This way they won't seem like hand-me-downs from his sister, and will be a masculine pair of dancing shoes for a guy who loves to dance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality at unbeatable price!, July 21, 2013
MommyofJ+P (Harleysville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
After buying ballet shoes last year at Payless (for more money!), I wanted to find ballet shoes that were of a higher quality. These shoes were perfect. The price was very affordable, and the shoes are much nicer than the Payless brand. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sizing was right on target. I ordered a 9.5 wide for my 3 year old who takes the same size at Stride rite. Better quality, less expensive, and with Prime membership, I had them in 2 days. Awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect, January 18, 2014
I read reviews that said order one size bigger than shoe size, we are in Australia and my 2.5 year old is in a size US 7 In her Nike Runners, her foot is long and narrow so I ordered an 8.5C and it fits perfectly with room to grow, I could have gone a B for width but I wasn't sure though not many people realise that you pull the 2 thin elastics at the front of the slipper and it tightens the entire top like a drawstring on pants, you then tie it in a bow and as their foot grows you can let out the elastic, this is why I got an 8.5 instead of an 8, the 8 would fit perfectly fine but with the half size extra I can tighten the elastic now for a snug fit and get a few more months out of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars as expected, fits well, soft interior, July 22, 2013
These were the best price I could find and they work great. They will fit my daughter for a long time, as the drawstring allows you to tighten them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 2, 2011
My only critique is that it wasn't clear whether this was narrow, medium or wide. The shoes are a little wide for my little dancer's feet (she needs a narrow and these must be mediums), but they're fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, January 10, 2013
Angel Rose (Northern VA, USA) - See all my reviews
These run a little small. I ordered a 9 for a size eight regular child, but i know nothing about ballet shoes, so thought i rememer someone saying to go up a size. Lovely well made shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, June 25, 2013
Very nice shoes, soft and flexible. I read many reviews before ordering, I'd recommend ordering a half size larger at the minimum. The draw strings are wonderful and can be tucked in easily without being seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greats shoes. Plenty big., March 20, 2013
Unlike everything else my 5-year-old daughter wears for ballet (the leotard and tights), these shoes run true to size (instead of super small). My daughter wears a size 12 in regular shoes, and she can still squeeze into her 11D (wide) slippers. I tried to order up to a 13.5 for her next pair (to save money), but they are huge. The 12's fit her perfectly.

Rate and Discover Movies