H&R Block At Home 2009 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile [Formerly TaxCut] [Download] [OLD VERSION]
- Ideal for homeowners and investors, H&R Block At Home Deluxe includes everything you need to easily complete your federal and state taxes, plus five free federal e-files
- Customized interview process helps you easily complete your federal and state taxes
- Easily import W-2, 1099, and data from last year's return; quickly import data from TaxCut, TurboTax, Quicken, and Microsoft Money software
- Automatically double-checks returns for errors; built-in expertise and audit support with guidance
- Guidance for reporting investments, dividends, home sales, and retirement income; H&R Block DeductionPro software to maximize tax savings from donations
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Everything you need to easily complete your federal and state taxes, plus five free federal e-files. Click to enlarge.
Guidance for reporting investments, dividends, home sales, and retirement income. Click to enlarge.
Ideal for homeowners and investors, the program includes personalized tax guidance and features available only from H&R Block, such as built-in expertise and audit support with guidance, plus an H&R Block enrolled agent to represent customers in the event of an audit.
At Home DeluxeInvestors / Homeowners
The right choice for customers with more complex tax situations to easily complete their federal and state returns. Includes five free federal e-files and built-in expertise available only from H&R Block!
Includes these features:
- Customized interview process to help customers easily complete their federal and state taxes.
- Five free federal e-files.
- Personalized tax guidance for popular occupations and specific deductions, plus answers to FAQs.
- Audit support with guidance, plus an H&R Block enrolled agent to represent you in the event of an audit. Included when you file a federal return.
- Guidance for reporting investments, dividends, home sales, and retirement income.
- Advice, tips, and planning tools for the upcoming year.
- Easily import W-2, 1099, and data from last year's return.
- Quickly import data from TaxCut, TurboTax, Quicken, Microsoft Money, and H&R Block DeductionPro software.
- H&R Block DeductionPro software to maximize tax savings from donations.
Platform: PC Download | Format: Thin Software Download
Top Customer Reviews
This part written Dec 9, 2009 (see updated comments below)
This is of course a preliminary review (written Dec 9 based on use in the last few days). At this time one can't do more than a rough cut estimate of the tax return -- the IRS forms aren't finalized, the state forms aren't available, and of course the various income reports (W2, 1099, etc.) aren't out yet.
I don't have a super complicated tax situation this year: it just requires some things that a good tax program should handle easily. So far this program seems to do just fine. I found it easy to use, and found that imports from Quicken and from TXF files worked without any problems. Schedules A, B, and D worked just fine, and the related screens were easy to use and understand. Excess FICA was calculated correctly, as was the child tax credit. The AMT calculation does of course remain weirdly complicated (once a year I mutter to myself about all politicians in DC), but the program does take care of it with no apparent problems.
I used TaxCut last year -- chose it over TurboTax just because of cost, and was quite satisfied. I'm not convinced this year either that you get value for the extra you pay for TT. (Incidentally, note that if you have investment income you probably need to get TT Premium, so the price would be nearly double that of HRB Deluxe.Read more ›
The H&R Block software loaded fine on Vista with no problems. If you are using user account controls, you should right click the install file and choose "Run as Administrator". After the software installed, the first thing it did was update itself. Now I must admit it did appear to hang during this update process for some reason showing it was 100% on the download, and I had to click "cancel" but then it installed the update with no problems after that.
The tax software is very nice, most detailed reviews I've read comparing various software rank H&R Block (formerly TaxCut) and TurboTax as the two best, and they mostly say they are almost identical but as far as I know, only H&R Block offers audit support.Read more ›
"Amazon provides the 8 character product key code in your "Games and Software" page
(where the information on software you've downloaded is kept)."