Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on January 30, 2011
Downloading and installing this software was a breeze. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and did not have any issues. I'm still waiting for the federal government to finalize a form before I can file my return, but I have everything else filled out and ready to go.

I thought the software was very easy to use. I started an independent business this year and it helped me through filling in the information on the business step-by-step.
on June 15, 2011
I downloaded this program SOLELY for the purpose of e-filing a request for an extension of my US taxes (I live out of the country and was unable to complete my forms by the deadline of 6/15). Not until I opened and got to the end of the filing process did the program tell me I was not allowed to e-file an extension. Other programs are perfectly capable of such actions, so there was zero reason for me to believe H&R Block couldn't do it.

I've purchased H&R Block programs since the Intuit spyware debacle in the early 2000s. Never again. Not only will I never use an H&R Block product again, I will cease to recommend them. If I could return the program for a refund, I would do it in an instant; it's already been removed from my computer.
on March 6, 2011
I have been a loyal TaxCut/H&R Block user for the past 6 (maybe more) years... but was greatly disappointed this year. I was happy when Deduction Pro was introduced, refined and improved, but this year, having it only accessible online is AWFUL. It's slow (I have a very fast connection) poorly designed, user un-friendly and just plain BAD. If you don't have a lot of deductions, then the program may be fine for you, but for those of us who grew to like Deduction Pro... no thank you. I will not use this product next year.

Probably time I checked out other products anyway... let's see who else is in the market next year.
on March 3, 2011
Pros: Been using since mid 90's every year, so very familiar with the program. Does what it needs to without any crazy bells and whistles. (It's taxes after all). Free e-file for federal 5 returns is nice. Able to print to PDF through additional free program (nice for digital record keeping).

Cons: No free state e-file (come on, it's about time). 5 free federal for 1 couple filing joint? Not much sense there, but that's the same of all programs. Had a hangup on installing state. Got it figured out, but someone with less computer experience may have had a very frustrating time. More a Windows issue, but still...

Overall I recommend H&R Block At Home. They know taxes and finances. I would hope that someone would offer free e-filing across the board. It makes sense for everyone involved (less mistakes, clean reports, etc).
on December 23, 2011
Amazon sold me last year's tax return. After I discovered my error, which was before the download or key activation. Neither Amazon nor H&R Block stance behind their software. AVOID H&R Block tax software, it is the worst based on 2010 tax filing. Go with Turbo Tax or Tax Act.
on March 30, 2011
Great program. I have used for several years. Easy use and understand.

This year I waited until I got all my information in the mail and noticed the price dropped the longer I waited (I also knew I would have to pay in a little so I wasn't going to file until near April 18th). Price was 50% of retail.
on March 2, 2011
I switched from TurboTax to H&R Block last year and was very pleased with:
Price of product
Easy to download from Amazon
Ease of use of H&R software
Imported files from previous year TurboTax with no problem
Comprehensive tax guidance and advice
Inclusion of multiple state preps (one reason why I left TurboTax)
The only con about H&R is that they don't work with many payroll and financial institutions to import tax data, so had to manually enter nearly everything (but at least I only have myself to blame for errors!)
I prepared four different tax returns, both Fed and State, ranging from simple to complex, with no problems. I was able to pull in last years data on all returns and quickly prepare the returns to review with my clients (my children :) ) Voila, ready for eFile, which is included!
on March 28, 2011
This is the 2nd year I purchased H&R Block software. I agree with other reviews that the price fluctuates, Amazon has always been the cheapest. That said, I would tell you to stay away from H&R Block. I have been unable to access their online help section as it refused to recognize me as a repeat customer from last year. Had to call technical support - which by the way is closed on weekends - I got disconnected the first time I called. The 2nd and 3rd calls said all circuits were busy.

Pretty soon their offices will be closed for the day and I will need to wait one more day to try them.
on May 19, 2011
I purchased H&R Block Premium Tax program in April 2011. I downloaded the setup file from the seller's website. This was the second year that I have used H&R Block. This program proved to be a nightmare. I installed the program from the downloaded file. The 2010 program imported my info from the 2009 program. When I was about one-third complete with my data entry, the program all of a sudden malfunctioned. I could navigate through the pages of the program, however, the program ceased to allow me to enter any further information into the program. I could not enter any numbers or words into the spaces required. I called H&R Block Help Center's toll free number. The customer service rep sent me another setup file to install the program anew. I started my tax preparation again with moderate success only to find that when I tried to access the web to install program updates, my pc would not access the web. Each time, AOL would "install files necessary to access the internet" and then reboot my pc. This happened several times repeatedly. Finally, I printed an extension form and filed for an extension with the IRS via mail (The program would not allow me to file an extenson electronically). I kept trying to make the program work. Finally, the program started to function properly on April 18, 2011 at 9:00 p.m., three hours before the midnight filing deadline. This is the last time that I will ever buy H&R Block. I never had this problem with Turbo Tax. I purchased H&R Block the past two years because it was significantly less expensive. In the end, with the fees and interest to the IRS, the savings was not worth it. I will never buy this product again or nor would I recommend it to anyone.
on June 21, 2012
I have used tax cut for several years now. The cost of the software is far more reasonable than any other, and I always have an easy time understanding it and using it. And their Audit Risk review feature, helps set my mind at ease that I will not have to worry about problems down the road.