Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 8, 2014
I have to admit I am not a hockey enthusiast, so I looked at this book a couple of times before I finally grabbed it. Let me tell you, it's a love story first and foremost and the hockey part fits in perfectly. I LOVED IT! The depth of feeling this author manages with her words is incredible, and I enjoyed how she painted the full picture without excess fluff. There wasn't one spot in the story that I wanted to skip over or skim ahead, which is unusual for me. It's a beautiful, realistic love story that centers around Claire, who has a hang up against hockey and the violence within the game (for good reasons), and Jack, who she meets and doesn't realize is a star hockey player. There's a lot more to it than that and it's all woven in and unfolds perfectly. Now I'm anxious to read more by this author.
on October 8, 2014
A borrowed this book on my Kindle Unlimited account. I give it three and a half stars. This is a quick, clean read. Clean is not the same thing as moral so there are some things that may make some people uncomfortable. Personally, I could not connect with someone who had unrepentantly been involved with a married man. I'm sure this story will resonate with many of you, just not me. The writing was strong in several areas, giving us clear personalities, good conversations and visual clarity. You will find editing issues that could have easily been resolved with a simple proof read.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 7, 2014
Now, this was a good story. I have read some pretty bad stuff the last few days but this one made it all worth it. He is a professional hockey player, everybody is after him for one thing or another. Then he meets the heroine while walking on the beach. She has no idea who he is. She is turned off by the violence in hockey and doesn't really follow the game. He is the hero of the city and probably the best player in the league but he is impressed that she likes him and wants to get to know him. Not his money or fame, but him. But no relationship is all smooth sailing. There are problems that almost tear them apart.

There is a HEA and it was a very good story. I really enjoyed it and I recommend it. There was no bad guy, no crazy mother or ex, etc. Just the two of them getting to know each other and then progressing to their HEA. Highly recommend it. Leaves you smiling.
on October 17, 2014
Hmm... I don't know about this one. It was a quick read, but there were things I took issue with. The romance seemed rushed, for one thing. Even though Jack and Claire talk about "taking things slow," everything just seemed to go from just meeting to "in love" in a matter of seconds, especially given his romantic status at their meeting and her history. I did also have issue with Claire's understanding-or lack thereof- of hockey and her opinion on it. She drove me crazy because she was so misinformed but so very brash that I wanted to scream, since I do enjoy the sport and could see how little she knew about it. For being twenty-somethings, some of the actions reminded me more of teenagers. Like I said it was a quick read but other than that, it wasn't the greatest.
on May 29, 2014
Blogging from the Heart is a quick, fun read. Jack and Claire "meet cute" and fall in love in spite of being on opposite side of an issue close to the heart for both of them. Surprises and misunderstanding occur, but it all works out in the end! Enjoyable characters, clean romance.
on November 5, 2012
I have to admit that I have enjoyed reading novella.

I will definitely be recommending this read to all my friends and family and of course all you reading this review.

Give the sample a try and you'll see that you're going to want to find out what happens in the rest of the novella.
on December 12, 2015
Between A Jock And A Hard Place is a well-written, light romantic read. It isn't always necessary to have graphic descriptions of hot and steamy sex in order to convey that there is an instant attraction between two people and this author doesn't use those type of descriptions to tell this story.
Set in Canada, where Hockey is the national pastime, we have two people that meet completely by chance and who both experience that instant attraction.
Claire Collins is still licking her wounds, having recently ended a relationship with her married lover. Disillusioned and ashamed of her own gullibility, she has sworn off relationships until she bumps into "John". The attractive stranger helps her to her feet after she's been knocked down by a rude bicyclist and despite her innate caution, she accepts his invitation to share a snack and a lift home.
Jack (John) Logan can't believe that Claire doesn't recognize him, but he finds the novelty of that as attractive as he finds the feisty redhead. As a star enforcer for the Canucks, he's used to being recognized and to all of the good and bad things that come of his celebrity status. He finds the fact that Claire has absolutely no idea who he is refreshing and so he introduces himself as John. As they sit and talk, Jack discovers that Claire doesn't recognize him because she doesn't follow Hockey. She's turned off by the unchecked violence and resulting injuries that take place during the games despite the fact that all of her family and friends are huge fans. In fact, her twin brother is a rising star in the minors until an injury causes him to be benched for the remainder of the season.
Her brother's injury incites Claire to begin a blog blasting the NHL for it's inability to police and protect it's players, unaware that her new love interest is one of those players and the man hired to offer the opposing view to her inflammatory blog. As the two of them get to know each other better, Jack realizes that he has to come clean and tell Claire who he really is, but will he have an opportunity to do so before she discovers the truth for herself?
I did enjoy this story despite the lack of heat. Claire and Jack were both really likable as were the secondary characters that we get to meet. So, despite the lack of over-the-top drama and naughty sex, I was still hoping that everything would work out alright for these two.
on December 5, 2014
I don't know much about hockey, but I do know what I like to read...and this is it! Claire has been hurt and lied to before, making her extremely cautious. Though her twin brother is a hockey player, she shows no interest in the game, though she does go to support her brother when he plays. Can a player in every sense of the word and N anti sports hall make a relationship work or is it doomed from the start?
on March 9, 2015
Really sweet short novella. Good characters and storylines with all involved. Would like to read a continuation of this story.
Would also like to say the cover of the book did not depict the characters well. In the story.... Claire's hair was described as more red. Jack was described as a big broad shouldered hunk. js.
on October 17, 2014
This story was just okay, I think it could have been better if it had an epilogue. The characters just meet and now they're in love after an argument or two. This story was just not excitable as it could have been. just okay