5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Hit
Published on December 5, 2010 by E. ONeill

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy construction. Crappy company.
Published 2 months ago by NJDMS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Hit, December 5, 2010
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
I bought the steel version of this game because I felt it would withstand windy weather conditions and last longer. It has definitely proved that -- and more. It is a cinch to set up, so it gets used often. Even physically-challenged children can play successfully. It is a great icebreaker. It was a lot of trouble to keep the scores in our heads, so I ordered the Five Footer Scoreboard from Amazon. I also ordered enough balls so that each player could choose his color. The colors of the balls that come with the game are orange and yellow (although the orange looks red in the photo). The carrying case is also sturdy and handy and actually holds conveniently all of the equipment, including several more balls (which I put in Ziploc bags). It would be nice if pouches were included for this purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ladder Set Made, August 4, 2010
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
I have bought and played many ladder style game sets and the new PRO version by BlongoBall is the best set. Very simple to put together and comes with a fantastic bag. BlongoBall has always had the highest quality game on the market with their original PVC version, but the PRO blows all other versions out of the water. A bit heavey but the weight pays off in its sturdy construction. I recommend spending a bit more for a life long family fun game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set, excellent customer service, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
After looking at all the options for a ladderball set on amazon, I decided to go with the Blongo Ball Pro set because of the high reviews. I was expecting something well-made, and it certainly meets and exceeds my expectations. All of the pieces are sturdy, there is no wobbling or ladders falling down that you see in lightweight versions. When I called the company about the set, they were very nice and answered my questions. My family and friends have used it multiple times now in the backyard and on the beach and everyone enjoys it. Overall, if you can afford this set, get it! I really think it's the best one made currently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game and easy to set up., August 9, 2011
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
I purchased this set after falling in love with this game at my brother-in-laws house. He had a plastic version that wasn't very stable, so I thought I'd pay a bit more to get something with more quality to it. This set fit the bill. It's very sturdy, and feels like it's well made. The balls that came with it are also of vastly better quality than the cheaper plastic set's balls. It's easy to set up, as seen in the video, and just as easy to put away. The carrying bag is very nice, but keep in mind that once all of the pieces are in the bag, it's pretty heavy. My only gripe about this set is that it does not come with some type of score keeping system, like some of the cheaper sets do, but that's hardly a reason to dock any stars from its rating.

Aside from the quality of the set, the game is tons of fun, and will provide many hours of backyard entertainment for all ages. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 23, 2011
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
As someone who has owned and enjoyed the original PVC tubing Blongo Ball, I was excited to find Blongo Ball Pro. The game has always been a big hit when we are camping, but the set up and break down of the game was always a bit of a hassle because the tubing would stick in the joints. As a result, I had broken a couple of pieces. That wouldn't have been a problem if I could have just purchased some new PVC tubing from my local hardware store, but the tubing they use in the original game is a unique size and had to be ordered directly from Blongo Ball - at a premium. Rather than ordering new parts this time, I decided to purchase Blongo Ball Pro. I am glad I did.It sets up and breaks down SO easy it almost feels criminal! Can't wait to use it on our camping trip next week.

I also just recently purchased a cheap version of ladderball from a local retailer that broke the first time I set it up, so I immediately returned it. It was crap to say the least. There may be other manufacturers out there with quality products, but the Blongo Ball Pro is awesome. It is a bit heavy due to the steel tube construction, but that also adds to it's stability. It's worth the extra $ to get this version of the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
We have been playing Blongo Ball for the past 2 years since my youngest son received it for a gift. My oldest son would keep taking it to parties because it was always a hit for entertainment. For Christmas, I ended up getting him his own, along with getting my 2nd son one so they each have their own now. What I like about the Pro Series game is that it comes with the carrying case which makes it easier to store. So, if ever we have a large party, we will definitely have a Blongo Ball tournament going on. Highly recommended!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy construction. Crappy company., August 24, 2014
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
We purchased this set in May of 2011. We don't BBQ that frequently, so we probably only used it maybe 5-8 times each summer. So, between 2011, 2012, and 2013, we probably only used this game 24 times (and that is estimating on the higher end). The first time we tried to use it at the beginning of the summer of 2014, it broke. When my husband was simply taking the game apart to put it away, the black plastic connector piece that holds the pieces together basically shattered when he pulled them apart. My husband wrote emails to the company, and he called them several times. Nobody ever answered the phone when he called, and it said the mailbox was full so he couldn't leave a message. All we wanted to do was ask if it was possible to put a replacement piece so we could fix it. But, we have never gotten a response from anyone, and now the summer is pretty much over! We spent $64.49 on this cheaply made piece of garbage. Stick to corn hole (it's cheaper, and there are no breakable pieces...and if a piece breaks, it won't render the game useless. Or, just spend $20 on a board game that you can play hundreds of times and never have to worry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blongo Ball Pro game is worth every penny, September 20, 2010
Michelle (Escondido, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
After being a fan of Blongo Ball for a few years now, and appreciating how many people (including new players) have so much fun playing, I recently purchased the Blongo Ball Pro game. It is definitely worth the extra money. It is made of metal, which makes the frame very strong. And, it makes a cool sounding "clink" when the balls wrap around the bars. Also, the set-up of this game is very easy as the new design is really elegant with only three pieces. Last month I had the pleasure of seeing this game enjoyed by little kids all the way up to seniors in their 80's. Top-notch quality for a great game!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun on a string, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
All looked good at first. I bought this item and spent the extra money because of being made of metal. The bars and stand is but the pins used to hold things together are plastic. One broke the very first day of play. I fixed the problem by replacing them both with wood. After the repair and weeks later, all is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family fun, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Blongo Ball Pro Series Game Set (Sports)
I bring this all over with me. Easy set up and fun for everyone. Great ice breaker for parties and people of all ages can play.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›