Format: Paperback
Reviewed by Stephanie Rollins for Reader Views (4/07)

Eddie Cloudrunner seems to be a responsible man that everyone depends on. He is a teacher, though he contemplates quitting that profession. He also works on his ranch. He helps others on their ranches, too.

A friend, Pete, believes there is a curse because of illegal hunting in the Spirit Canyon. The illegal hunting took place 28-years ago. He tries to avoid Pete's request, seeing it as being a bit over-the-top.

Eddie starts to have hallucinations. Is there an environmental problem? Does this stem from the curse that is the result of the illegal hunting?

The Indian identity seems to be a constant internal and external struggle for the characters. Eddie says to Martin, "Do you have any questions about them? About -- Indian people?" The fact that Martin had to change cultures in a matter of days bothered Eddie. He realizes Martin is being moved "out of the large file marked `Mainstream White America' and into the `minority' cubbyhole and the sub-slot labeled `Indian'."

Kae Cheatham writes in an intelligent manner. The font is very small. There are 259 pages. In order to enjoy this book, you must be fascinated by the Indian culture, rodeos, and etc.... Otherwise, reading about possible curses seems pointless and boring.

Kae Cheatham has written many fiction and nonfiction books in addition to "Blood and Bond," many about the Native American culture. She has a website that is worthy of a visit.

Received book free of charge.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on May 22, 2007
Format: Paperback
I felt so lucky to have found such a worthy well-written book. I enjoyed reading this page-turner so much that I wish I were starting anew all over again.

The first thing that captured my interest was Kae Cheatham's beautiful unique writing on every page. I was totally intrigued by the mystery of Spirit Canyon, the strong characters--especially Eddie CloudRunner--the many enchanting descriptions of the Wyoming countryside, the chilling snow blizzards, the Indian culture, rodeos, and the blood and bond of family.

I was so impressed with BLOOD and BOND that I gave several copies for birthday presents, and I plan to do so in the future for special gifts.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again