Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 7, 2016
I was really surprised with this novel. Taking place during the Troubles of 1970 Ireland I learned a lot about this time period. For those that mentioned there not being too many elements of fantasy, the author has to set the stage for the series and the job is wonderfully done. This is definitely not a fluffy fantasy novel. If that is what you're looking for I'd look elsewhere. It gets brutal.
on January 13, 2016
A richly told, dark paranormal story that reads as reality. Shape-shifting Fae, zombie demons, and humans battle each other during the Northern Ireland troubles of the sixties and seventies. Historical setting and religious hatred are deeply woven into the story. Well-worth reading if you love dark, emotional historical fiction with a supernatural twist. The prison scenes, the murders, and the doomed marriage of the protagonists are especially gut-wrenching.
on October 22, 2015
Picked up this book for free because I wanted to understand more about the IRA and the political crisis in Ireland. I knew it was fiction but I thought it would help me understand the climate. It did, however, I didn't realize it would have some supernatural Irish folk elements. I guess that only furthered my weak understanding or Irish history...but I can't say it wasn't kind of weird. And I'm sick of people making Jesuits out to be the secretive bad guy Catholics. I know I know l, it's fiction but the way the Jesuits were portrayed was just awful. I have. To give it a 3 though because of all the credits and further reading the author kindly suggests in the acknowledgements.
on October 7, 2015
I really enjoyed this old-school-style urban fantasy. The writing is wonderful, and the story has a good mix of real and magical elements that lets you sink right in. I read it straight through and immediately bought the next book. Liam, the main character, gets beat up quite a bit, but the ending gives me hope.
on August 27, 2015
Great book with an interesting twist in the fey genre!
on July 13, 2015
Loved it! Could not put it down.
on October 30, 2014
Very Satisfied
on September 25, 2014
Good book.
on August 15, 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I went into it expecting a light supernatural thriller and it was NOT! It is much more interesting than that. The Irish history and culture elements really added depth to the story and the author gave away just the right amount to keep you turning pages. I will definitely read more in this series.
on July 7, 2014
Different plot. Interesting but then the Irish believe in the "little people" and their countries history is always interesting.
Mom