4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Moon
Published 12 months ago by Tyra Viveka

3.0 out of 5 stars Blood Moon (The Moonlight Trilogy #1)
Published 13 months ago by Stephanie Ward

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Blood Moon (The Moonlight Trilogy #1), June 17, 2013
Stephanie Ward (Cochranton, PA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
'Blood Moon' is the first book in a young adult paranormal series that follows lead characters Willa and Simon. The book details how Simon and Willa meet and immediately are bound to one another. Willa has the ability to dream about events that really happen as well as seeing and being able to communicate with ghosts, while Simon is a healer and can sense other people's emotions. Now that they have found each other, Willa and Simon are able to rescue a witch being held prisoner across town and can finally get answers to questions about themselves. On top of everything else, they must enter a war for the Powers of the Earth and risk themselves to stop the destruction. Will they be able to stop the war before it's too late?

This was an interesting YA paranormal novel that begins what promises to be an exciting series. The plot wasn't anything overly original, but the author infused it with vivid details and fascinating paranormal elements. The characters were good, if a bit stereotypical. Willa is the average teenage heroine - a young witch who feels like an outsider because of her supernatural abilities. She is a strong character that has to mature in the book in order to face off against her enemies. The relationship between Willa and Simon is definitely an "instalove" scenario and was pretty cheesy at times. Their relationship seemed to overshadow any real plot line in the book instead of enhancing it. The writing itself was well done and had a great flow and pace. This was a solid debut novel that has definite potential to grow as a series. Recommended for fans of YA fantasy and paranormal fiction.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Moon, July 16, 2013
I will be completely honest... chapter 1 really lost me. I was not into the idea of a teenage love story, so I put the book away and decided not to read it. A few days later I saw a YouTube video of Teri telling her story about writing the book and where the story is headed. (YouTube link here [...] The video made me very curious, so I picked the book back up and dove right into chapter 2. From there I read chapters 2-14 without hardly breathing, I was so excited! I absolutely loved where the book went, and I am ecstatic anticipating the next books! Good job Teri!

5.0 out of 5 stars what a Halloween treat, October 23, 2013
Well written. You will fall in love with the characters. Who will finally win when the trilogy is over----good or evil??? Once I started this book I had to finish. I can hardly wait for the next one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Debut Fantasy, October 1, 2013
Sandra Kirkland (High Point, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Willa has always felt different. As long as she can remember, she can sense and even speak to the ghosts she feels all around her, and as long as she can remember, she has had to hide that part of herself. Simon has also always felt different, his ability to read minds and heal injuries a secret he kept in order not to be shunned by others who just wouldn't understand.

When Willa and Simon meet, it is like a homecoming, the sudden sense of belonging with each other. As they become closer, they slowly reveal their secrets to each other and find that it is one more thing they can share. The stakes become higher when Willa senses that someone is being held in captivity. She sees a slender woman, chained to a basement wall who is being slowly tortured. Against all odds, she discovers the location and she and Simon manage to free the woman. That's when their world collapses, what they called normal never to return.

For Simon and Willa are witches, as is the woman they rescued. The Blood Moon is coming soon, the only chance for a witches covenant to be formed. The Dark Witches and the Light Witches are vying to see who can collect the requisite number of members to form the covenant, and both sides want Willa and Simon to join them. They will have to make a decision which side they will fight on and their decision will impact their survival.

Teri Harman has written an engaging first novel in what will be called The Moonlight Trilogy. YA readers will relate to the young protagonists and paranormal readers will be interested in the storyline that pits Good against Evil. This book is recommended for those two categories of readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful read!!, August 25, 2013
I practically read this all in one sitting. The author has a gift of describing the characters, I felt like I knew them personally, and the good versus bad story line was very realistic. I loved Simon and Willa's relationship. And that ending--- I felt like I was there! Can't wait for the next book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced paranormal adventure, August 22, 2013
Great book that jumps right into a fun romantic relationship. This, along with the magical world of witches, takes you happily along the adventure. A nice quick read & I look forward to the rest of the trilogy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut Novel, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Blood Moon (Hardcover)
Teri Harman did an excellent job with her debut novel, BLOOD MOON. It is a fresh new spin on good vs. evil with a clever cast of characters. I loved losing myself in this story and can't wait for the second installment in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never wanted to put it down!, August 1, 2013
I have read a lot from this genre recently and some of the young adult fiction can get really juvenile or too focused on the main characters' relationship that the story is forgotten. This book was well written and had such a good story line that the plot moved quick enough to keep a reader engaged. The descriptions used for people, places and things painted a picture that was clear and I really felt like I could see what the writer wanted me to see. The relationships were well developed and not forced which is so important to really make you care about the characters and what ultimately happens to them. I could not stop reading because I felt a connection to all the characters and wanted to know how it would all end up. I cannot wait for the next book to come out!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Moon by Teri Harman, July 13, 2013
Right away I was taken into Willa and Simon's story. I was intrigued by their instant connection and what will become of their relationship. I really enjoyed how the author told the story from different points of view. We got to see the story through many different character's view points, even ghosts and bad guys. I also really liked how the story went from present to past, telling us of important events that were vital to the story, and how the past and present connected. I also appreciated how Willa and Simon, when faced with certain situations, really look their time to know what was right for them. I loved reading about the different types of magic, or gifts, that the witches had. There were also some surprising twists and turns that kept me eagerly reading this book until way past my bedtime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Moon (The Moonlight Trilogy #1), July 12, 2013
Blood Moon (Moonlight Trilogy #1) by Teri Harman is about Willa and Simon who are undiscovered witches. The first time they meet each other; their magic binds them together because they are soul mates. Willa dreams about another witch named Wynter being held captive in a basement. Simon and Willa rescue Wynter and she tells them that they are witches. Simon and Willa go with Wynter in order to learn more about who they are and so Wynter and the other Light witches can help train them. The Dark witch Archibald, who was originally after Wynter, seeks to find her again along with whomever helped her out of the basement. Archibald comes in possession of Bartholomew's grimoire. Bartholomew was a great, all powerful, dark witch who started the Dark Ages with his supreme power. His grimoire is full of the most evil dark magic even Archibald has ever seen. He uses the magic in the grimoire to help kidnap both Wynter and Simon so they he can finally make a Dark Covenant. Willa and the other Light witches save Wynter and Simon from Archibald. The Light witches wind up making a Light Covenant.

Teri Harman has created a book that grabs the reader. Harman's book is gripping and commanding. The characters are well thought out and interesting. I hope in future books we get to know more about the other Light witches. Even though this book contains an instant love connection, Harman develops that part of the story expertly. It is not thrown in your face and is this sickly sweet, lovey dovey, type of relationship that so many other authors do.

Harman's skillful writing with the changing narrative time periods was expertly done. It only helps to enhance the book and the readers experience while reading the novel. Harman's writing is fresh and provides the reader with action, adventure and a wonderful love story.

Definitely worth spending a day curled up in bed, on a couch, or in a chair to read.

4.3 stars

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Blood Moon
Blood Moon by Teri Harman (Hardcover - June 22, 2013)
Used & New from: $9.88