‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a twist to end the trilogy! Loved it!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: The Blood (Morpheus Road) (Hardcover)
Let just say that this is an excelent series! For anyone who's also read D.J.'s Pendragon books, you MUST read this story! I won't give away any details but there is a shocking twist to this series that involves a character from that story! Marsh and Cooper really push themselves to the limits; Coop to his strength, and Marsh to his sanity! Epic battles, frightening spirits, and not the mention The Blood, which is truely the most horrifying aspect of this series! Believe me, this is a series that any fan of Pendragon will love! Even if you haven't read that series, this is still a great book, as are the others!

5.0 out of 5 stars makes kids want to read, April 4, 2014
My 8th grade boys like this series. I only had the first book from an author's visit to our school several years ago. Several kids asked for the next book in the series and I didn't have them, nor did our school library. So, being a complete sucker for a kid who actually wants to read a book, I bought this for my students and I have a list of kids waiting to read it. I should have ordered a few. I haven't read any of the books in the series, so I can only say that my boys seem to really like them.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing ending for the triology with an unexpected tie to ..., August 14, 2014
Nancy (Wilmington, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
An amazing ending for the triology with an unexpected tie to the Pendragon Series. I won't tell you who is back, it might ruin it for others who are reading the series. The story had numerous twists and turns and it kept my attention throughout. I loved the characters, very believable and nice to see the geeky type character excel (much like Mark Diamond in the Pendragon books). The book kept me intrigued and I couldn't wait to get back to it. My grandson tells me he read it in one day, he just couldn't put it down. I introduced him to the Pendragon books and he introduced me to the Morpheus Road. I can't stress enough - this is a great series for adults to read with their teenagers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another terrific story, May 24, 2014
DJ does one check of a job creating a universe! Always great twists so well thought out - so thoroughly enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ending to a great series!, May 5, 2014
This review is from: The Blood (Morpheus Road) (Hardcover)
The thrill-ride of a series ends with The Blood. You will not see it coming! Completely surprising and unpredictable! Drives like a "Pendragon" with all the luxuries of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"!

Well packaged by Amazon, arrived promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better...amazing must read!!, March 22, 2014
Scott Gregory (Clearwater, FL, US) - See all my reviews
The adventure starts with the narrator of the story being dead! It's very unique and a very pleasant story. The author makes you feel that death isn't such a bad experience. You change your view on death. But the story is not only death! It has excitement and adventure and you will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite book, February 11, 2014
This is the best book series I've ever read the first is scary the second one is love and the last one is war what is the there not to like about this series. If the was just one more series like this one i would blow up in amazement

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, January 11, 2014
once i started reading this book i could not set it down. so amazing. i would recommend to people. great story

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 11, 2014
Loved this book, had all I want in it. Also if you haven't read the Pendragon series, please do! I personally think the Pendragon series was the best I read in my life! This wasn't so bad either.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, January 4, 2014
P. Gollner (Berkeley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Let me just say one thing. This is one of the best series I have ever read.
After I finished Pendragon, ( Which is also an AMAZING series ) I had to read his other books. This one in particular was very detailed. I love how they tie in some things from Pendragon, like that Solara is where the souls go after the Black, and that the Watchers are the Travelers from Pendragon. I don't want to say anything that happens in this book because that will give it away, but some pretty surprising things happen in it!
I really recommend this series if you haven't read it. D.J. MacHale is a truly amazing author. If you want to check out some of his other books, you really should read Pendragon. Pendragon is about a kid named Bobby Pendragon who discovers that he's a Traveler. And I like Pendragon because it jumps right to the plot. Some books are boring, and FINALLY after you read half of the book you reach the good part. Pendragon ( And Morpheus Road ) aren't like that. Morpheus Road is extremely exciting and you'll never be able to put it down. After I read the first sentence, I was hooked. Most books that I've read I usually take a little break and then continue reading, because sometimes it's a little boring. But Morpheus Road is exactly the OPPOSITE of boring! I never took a break.
I don't think this book is that bad for younger children. Maybe it is. I'm not completely sure. I think 9 or 10 is the youngest, but who knows. I started reading Pendragon when I was 9, so I guess it's fine if you read Morpheus Road when you're like 10. There's not that much bad language in it, but it's pretty complex and might be a little hard to follow along. That's why you have to pay close attention to the little details. Like those golden orbs, you find out in about the 2nd book that they're a lot more important than they seem. And by this book, there's barely any of them left.
This book ( In my opinion ) is the best in the whole series. There's so much in it. When I finished it I was breathless.
I hope this review makes you read this series ( Or book if you've already read books 1 and 2 ) because all books written by D.J. MacHale are the best.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Blood (Morpheus Road)
The Blood (Morpheus Road) by D. J. MacHale (Hardcover - March 27, 2012)
$17.99 $15.09