Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Sharon Page brilliantly blended a few sub-genres. If I were to define Blood Wicked, I would say it is an erotic paranormal urban fantasy suspense romance set in London at the end of the Regency period.

Vivienne is a retired courtesan devoted to look after Sarah, her sick adolescent daughter. All the wealth Vivienne accumulated as a courtesan is useless to restore Sarah's health. And Vivienne would do anything to protect her daughter. Because of this, Vivienne is blackmailed by an apothecary into having intercourse with noblemen in exchange for the elixir that would heal Sarah, who is getting dangerously weaker. The night Vivienne meets Heath, she's picking up the potion.

Heath has been assigned by the evil vampire council to hunt the succubus who'd decimated five men. However, Heath's priority is to find his missing brother, Raine. While searching for him, he encounters Vivienne, the woman whose reflection he foresaw at an oracle pond together with Raine's image. Heath rescues her from death and even though he suspects she's the succubus he's looking for, he finds it almost as hard to believe it as an incredulous Vivienne does. She ignores what a succubus is, dismayed to realize the five men she slept with are dead and doesn't believe Heath is a vampire either.

Due to the harsh experiences endured during her youth, Vivienne distrusts all males thus her reluctance to accept Heath's offer to cure Sarah without asking anything in return. At first, they both try to resist the mutual attraction unaware that the solutions for the many ordeals both confront rest in their union. There is a strong emotional connection between Heath and Vivienne, and it's a pleasure to see how they trail the path toward true love. He is cursed to have a lover only once, and she has never known what being really loved and care for is. I enjoyed the tender and protecting way Heath treats Vivienne. In spite of his wickedness and his detachment, he comes across as a very caring person - hunted by the guilty feelings and memories of his family tragic end. As his feelings for Vivienne evolve, he resolves that besides searching for his bother he must protect Vivienne and Sarah while fighting enemies.

Being erotic romance the sex is extremely explicit and there are scenes that might make some uncomfortable, but the romance in this book is so well done that the raw erotism is justified. The secondary characters are also well developed. I like the most Sarah's coming of age, Julian, a young vampire sent by the council to supervise Heath's investigation, and Guidon, the historian of vampires - a really interesting and unexpected character. The well-woven plot is suspenseful, fast-paced, full of surprises and interesting twists.
on March 8, 2011
This book was great!!! I sat down and didn't get up untill I was done. The writing in the book was so well that you could paint a picture in your head. The two main people are differnt but alike in many ways. He makes her feel wanted and more then nothing, but her daughter will be first to portect. Wile she makes him wounder why he feels the need to portect them and cant get enuff of her. This book does have vanpires in it but is not a book for someone under the age of 18.
on February 20, 2015
I found this book in a bargain bin in one of my local grocery stores. I read the back cover and it piqued my interest because the story was about a vampire. So I decided that I would give it a try, and I am thrilled that I did. Holy Hotness! This is the first book that I have read by this author and I can truly say that it will not be my last.

Blood Wicked is a story about Vivienne Dare, a retired courtesan who lives for her daughter. She strives to provide a safe and comfortable life for Sarah and wants her to grow up and find the love and happiness that she did not have for herself. Along comes Heath Winthrope, Earl of Blackmoor, vampire. The Earl is tasked with an assignment given to him by the ruling Council of vampires that leads to his crossing paths with Vivienne. Immediately, Heath is captivated by her beauty. He has a dark secret that holds him back--for a little while.

This story is very erotic and suspenseful. The loves scenes are volcanic, and the plot is fascinating. A real page turner. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
on February 27, 2011
In 1820 Vivienne Dare knows only one way to obtain the money pay for the medicine her child needs to stay alive. The former courtesan uses her body to bring in needed revenue. She especially services affluent males.

When she is directed to sleep with Lord Heath Winthrop, she emphatically refuses. She fears the Lord of Blackmoor will demand more than just a night and she will want to obey his desires. Instead she is ignorant of what Heath wants from her; as the vampire plans to interrogate Vivienne using seduction to obtain answers from her as to what happened to his missing brother Raine. He thinks she may have been involved or her father who made him ten years ago.

Blood Wicked is a terrific erotic Regency paranormal romance starring two individuals with similar needs and ultimately desires. Whereas she willingly would sell her soul to save her child's life, he understands how she feels from his human days as a father whose daughter died. Character driven, Sharon Page provides another suspenseful Blood Deep historical romantic urban fantasy (see Blood Red and Blood Rose).

Harriet Klausner
on October 2, 2011
I wasn't real sure about this book when I first started reading it and didn't think it had a spot on my "keepers" book shelf. WOW!!! I couldn't have been more wrong. It's a slow start but once it heats up...hold on!!! It has a good story and descriptive characters and one has no problem picturing everything in their mind. As I approached the end of the book, I figured it would just end with a sudden, quick ending. WRONG AGAIN!!! It tied everything up quite nicely and I was quite pleased with the ending.
It took awhile to contain 100% of my attention but seemed to do that more toward the middle and then kept it through the end. If you can hold on that long, then I definitely recommend picking this jewel up and hopefully are able to catch your breath!!! I haven't read books by Sharon Page before but have added her to my favorite authors list!!!
on November 17, 2013
For a book that's erotica it takes way too long to get to the sex and just doesn't have enough sex scenes for me. If you only like a sprinkling of sex in your erotica you might like this, but to me, 'erotica' means there should be lots of sex. If I strictly wanted romance I'd read a Harlequin.
on January 10, 2015
This book was just awful. It started out ok, then quickly went down hill and when I got to 'Dimitri's' mansion and the 'elephant tusk' scene it became laughable. From there I had to skim read my way to the end because I can never leave a book unfinished no matter how bad.
The plot was bad. The sex scenes were abundant and as I mentioned sometimes laughable. The language was just stupid, the writer didn't keep to the language of the time except when referring to female genitalia, cunny?quim? What the......
Huge waste of time! Luckily I only paid $2.00 for it, but it still feels like a waste of money.
on October 22, 2013
I'm not too interested in vampire stories, but I generally like Sharon Page so I decided to try it. Won't bother again.
on February 3, 2013
Great Read and wonderful Author! Very Adult topic and not for the faint of heart. I would recommend this to a friend.
on April 19, 2016