5.0 out of 5 stars I am new to Audio Adrenaline
Published on February 27, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars A somewhat passable effort
I gave this a spin for the first time in about 12 years since I found it for a $1.00 and felt like listening to it again.

Published on February 8, 2010 by Pumpkinhead

5.0 out of 5 stars I am new to Audio Adrenaline, February 27, 2000
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
I just got into Audio Adrenaline after being introduced to christian rock a year or so back. I am a christian man who loves Jesus but I also demand my music to talk to my soul. I first was introduced to Third Day and was totally blown away with all of their albums. I really thought that would be the only christian band I would fall for totally. I have to admit that I do like a lot of songs from various christian bands though. But, I have not found a band that compared to Third Day until I bought Bloom. I also bought Underdog and Don't Censor Me the same day and found Bloom to dominate over those. There are several songs on Don't Censor Me that I really like but overall Underdog is better. I think Bloom is the cream of the crop as far as Audio goes. I like nearly every song and I liked it the very first time I put it on for a spin. Never gonna be as big as Jesus just simply rules. I did have more to say but my baby is very upset so gotta go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Audio A, September 8, 2002
Justin (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
After two funkish sounding albums, Audio Adrenaline released their first great hard rock album Bloom. This album is full of great rockers, famous radio hits, and many other suprise tracks.
Secrets: Great way to start out the album. Good rocker w/ good vocals. (9/10)
Never Gonna Be As Big As Jesus: One of the hits off the album. Good solid rock song. (9/10)
Good People: Very catchy, upbeat song. (8.5/10)
Not The King: Awesome rocker. Features great rock vocals. (9.5/10)
Walk On Water: A little laid back. Good lyrics, good vocals, good song. (8/10)
See Through: My favorite off this album. Awesome hard guitar rift, great chorus, good message, and a great ending. (10/10)
Free Ride: Great upbeat cover song. Good guitaring and vocals. (10/10)
Man Of God: Good ballad w/ a good chorus and heart-felt vocals. (8/10)
Gloryland: Another good rock song. (8/10)
Jazz Odyssey: Mildly funny, but no. (4/10)
Bag Lady: Decent song. Good lyrics. (8/10)
I Hear Jesus Calling (Demo): Good song. Catchy. (8/10)
Memoir: Another good rocker. (8/10)
Great rock album with a diversity of songs. Overall the best Audio A album, features great guitaring, vocals, and percussion.
Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Audio Adrenaline Blooms as band, April 2, 2004
A Kid's Review
THE BAND
Audio Adrenaline, for those who don't know is a very hot rock band in christian music with a stream of endless hits and a giant fan base. Audio Adrenaline didn't get good just recently though. The band has been through many changes over time, but contunue to bust out solid rock. This apropreatley titled album is just as good now as it was then.
THE ALBUM
This album is renown as one of the breakthrough albums of christian rock and roll. Audio A broke out with mega-hit single Big House on their second studio effort, Don't Censor Me. On Bloom, Audio Adrenailine truely blooms.
AA's "funk rock" style is strong here with very addictive melodic guitar riffs and the voice of Mark Stuart compliment each other well. The lyrics are rich and inspiring.
THE TRACKS
Some of the highlights of this collection include the lively opening track "Secret" which sets the tone for the album, the ending cut "Memoir" about the point where Mark and the band are in their kife and how their lives are in bloom and "Never Gonna Be As Big As Jesus", the hard rockin' "I'm Not The King" and the thoughtful and inspiring "Walk On Water" from the the greatest hits album. Oh and one more thing. Don't forget that the band hand has a sense of humor. Great rock and a few suprises.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a rare five star disc, October 31, 2000
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
One reviewer down the page says he never gives a disc five stars unless it is a really awesome disc. Well if you don't give this thing five stars I would like to see his list of five star cds. This disc is perfect all the way through. My top five favorite AA songs are on this disc alone. It is very heavy at moments and very smooth and sweet the next. The lyrics are truly amazing and very thought provoking. I don't really think another AA disc even compares although Don't Censor Me, Some Kind Of Zombie and Underdog all have there moments to say the least. God blessed this band and we are all blessed to have this band performing and making records for all of us to enjoy. If you are new to the game and are wondering what other artists to check into then I would recommend Jennifer Knapp, Plum, Switchfoot, Petra, DC Talk, Caedmons Call and the very best of them all>>>>>>>>>>>>>THIRD DAY.........God bless

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Audio Adrenaline thus far, August 1, 2000
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
From "Don't Censor Me" to "Underdog", one thing you can always count on with Audio Adrenaline is great rock music with lyrics that are in-your-face with the gospel of Jesus Christ. "Bloom" is the best of the four so far, with songs like "I'm Not The King" and "Never Gonna Be As Big As Jesus". They also did a great job with Edgar Winters' anthem, "Free Ride". With th e passionate guitar work and excellent vocals, ( rare in Christian rock ), "Bloom" promises to be as much an icon of Christian rock as dc Talk's "Jesus Freak" As a personal note, "Lighthouse" on "Some Kind of Zombie" is my favorite AA song of all time, with some of the finest guitar work anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Audio A's masterpiece, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
This album was the soundtrack of my youth, and it is Audio Adrenaline's best album. They really came into their own after their heavily produced (but still excellent) previous albums, and this album was much more pure, no-nonsense rock & roll. This was Barry Blair's last full album as guitarist, and he really shines, especially on Bag Lady. Mark's voice at this point was still in good enough shape for a studio album, so he really lets loose in Man of God and I'm Not the King. All the lyrics are touching, humorous (at times), intelligent, poignant and beautiful. While they went on to release many more great albums, I still consider this album to be the peak of the band's accomplishments.

2.0 out of 5 stars A somewhat passable effort, February 8, 2010
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)

Audio Adrenaline were a frustrating band for me in the early/mid 90s when I was following CCM. They had a decent name, a guitarist who knew a thing or two about shredding, a lead singer that had a solid gravelly rock voice, and a knack for a melodic hook. But, I always had a difficult time getting around their cringeworthy lyrics and, on their first 2 records, their fusion of rock cliches, bad white-boy rap, and canned dance beats.

This is the first (and pretty much last) record where I actually felt as if I was kind of on the same page as Audio A, musically. Mark decided to stop rapping. The band dropped the electronic beats in favor of real drums, and moved towards a full on rock sound. I suspect producer John Hampton's influence might have pulled them in that direction, but it's difficult to tell. I vaguely recall reading that the band was trying to make a record reminiscent of the kind of rock records they grew up on. Songs like "Secret" and "I'm Not the King" bring the rock, or at least, more so than anything else the band has done before. The rest of the CD bears a stylistic resemblance to 90s alt-rock contemporaries like the Gin Blossoms or Better Than Ezra, which is fine with me. But again, the lyrics...although a definite improvement over the first 2 records, they still seem mostly content with piling on the pedestrian lyricism. I will say "Jazz Odyssey" still cracks me up a little, and in a "laughing with them" and not "at them" sort of way.

I never really bothered keeping up with Audio A past this record, although I have heard parts of Some Kind of Zombie. So, as far as I know, they may have improved substantially since this record. I've heard the band likes to pretend the first 2 records don't exist. If so, I tend to agree that this would have made for a more ideal starting point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloom Shines, February 15, 2004
"felix1245" (Dickson, Tn United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
Since the first time I heard this album in Junior High, I have enjoyed Audio Adrenaline. Bloom represents some of the best Christian Rock avaliable. From the incredible bass of Will in "I'm Not the King", to the vocals of Mark on "Free Ride", this album proves that Christians have great taste in music, and that they have talent to show it. Buy this album if you want to be impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album by a great band!, October 26, 2001
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
I have had this album for almost one year, the songs on here are soooooo good! It was great listening to the songs but even better seeing them live in concert. The best part of this is that from the way they sing, they put their whole heart into their ministry. They are so much better than N'SYNC or Backstreet Boys! If you liked this album you'll love their other album UNDERDOG!

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 1/2 stars, September 27, 1999
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
I haven't heard Underdog yet, but up till now this is the best Audio A by far. There's not a weak song on the disk. It's almost a 5 star CD, and I almost never give a disk 5 stars. Their newer release, "Some Kind of Zombie" has a few songs that are as good as the ones on Bloom, but overall, Bloom is the best. This is one of the best Cd's in all of christian rock.

Bloom
Bloom by Audio Adrenaline (Audio CD - 1996)