Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bloom Alma Mini Urban Crib Frame Coconut White
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 22, 2012
I wanted to wait to review this crib until we had it long enough to address what seems to be people's biggest gripe about it - its size and ability to fit a growing baby. Well, our daughter is over a year now and happy as a clam in her little crib. We use grobags so no blankets and it works perfect.

I could not be more pleased with our purchase, that along with my Bugaboo Bee are by far my favorite two baby items I have purchased and with two kids and tons of baby purchases - this says alot. As everyone agrees the mobility of this crib is fantastic, it just breazes through doorways. Our youngest daughter has been in this crib since birth and for the first six months she was in our bedroom and it took up very little space and was much more comfy for her than a bassinet, pack and play or a full size crib and she has never had to adjust to a new sleeping arrangement which helps with maintaining a great sleeping pattern. I think she will be in this at the very minimum until 18 months.

I love the organic mattress, protector and sheets and although it is pricier than some options, I found we saved on not buying cribs for 2-3 different stages.

Our girl is petite but in the 25% percentile for height and weight so not overly so. At this rate, I expect she will be in her crib until it is time to move to either a toddler bed or twin bed (still deciding).

UPDATE: Our now 20 month old is still in this crib. She doesn't have to be since we have our older daughter's full size crib on hand but she is still so content in her little space and just will not sleep well anywhere but in there.
on April 23, 2014
We lived in a small apartment when our son was born and could only accommodate a small crib. I liked that this mini-crib was mobile with wheels, so we could move from space to space easily if necessary. Those of you living in small apartments/condos in urban areas will really appreciate that feature. It also is thin enough that the crib can be moved through doors with no problem (UNLIKE the grace pack and play, I might add). One other feature that is really nice is that this crib is easy to fold and throw in the trunk if you need to spend the night elsewhere with baby. I liked that my son always had a consistent space to sleep in, even if we were in a different location for a short period of time visiting friends or family.

We used this first as a bassinet, and because of the wheels you can move it right up next to your bed, which I loved. At about 6 or 7 months, we moved the position of the mattress downward when our son began pulling himself up. We then continued to use this crib until he was about 13 months. He seemed to like it and slept well. He has always come in at >90% for his height, and we never had a problem with the size. When he was 13 months, he just seemed like he could use some more space so it was time to purchase a bigger crib for him that was more permanent. By that time, we had moved to a single family home so we had more room for furniture.

I LOVE this mini crib. Yes it was expensive, but it worked fantastic for us and was a perfect solution for our small space. I plan to use it as a bassinet and crib for our next baby too. Don't worry about the reviews that say there is not enough space for baby. I suppose it is a matter of opinion, but our son had more than enough room to sleep comfortably until ~13 months.
on June 17, 2010
This is a beautiful crib. If you're looking for a temporary bassinet that is aesthetically pleasing than I'd recommend it.

However, I purchased it with the intention of getting 2 years of use from it and doubt I will even get 1.
My daughter will be 4 months next week an her head and feet almost reach both ends. She is in the 90th percentile for length, still, I just can't see how a 24 month old could comfortably fit.

It's quite an investment for limited use when you factor in the mattress, sheets, bumper, etc.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2014
We bought the Alma Bloom Mini in coconut while I was still pregnant and living in a studio apartment. I loved the crib's style and organic mattress and sheets. Style is a huge part of what makes a small space live able, and I did my best to avoid overly tacky baby gear.

When our girl was first born, she slept in the crib pulled right up to the side of our bed. During the day, we'd wheel it easily into her closet nursery. It was so sleek and adorable out in our tiny apartment.

Fast forward 8 months, we are still in our studio and our baby girl is still in her mini crib, though we took the wheels off and it now lives permanently in her "nursery." She's in the 85th percentile for height and 65th for weight, so she's no shrinking violet, but she loves her crib, and even reaches for it when tired. If she stretches her arms out, they'll go between the slats, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. She usually sleeps on her back or belly with arms stretched over her head, and there's still plenty of room length-wise. She can roll from front to back to front with a little scooting. I'm obviously coming from a different place than the average American's idea of space (3 humans + 1 dog in 400 Sq ft) but baby girl loves it, and we love the style and materials. So glad we made this purchase.
on July 14, 2015
I purchased this crib because it looked like a great option for NYC apartments, I was right about that but wrong about the quality. The crib was used for about 3-5 months. Everything was fine until one day I almost stepped on something that resembled a thumbtack, I just threw it away thinking it must've come off a security tag from an clothing. Soon after, I noticed another thumbtack by the wheels of the crib, the crib was leaning and the wheel was off to the side. The wheels have these thumbtacks on the inside, they just fall off and the wheels break. I called Bloom in order to tell them about the issue and if they could replace the wheels/crib. They said they required a receipt which I didn't have anymore since it was purchased about 8 months previously at Bed Bath & Beyond. Now I am left with a crib that is no longer portable but I can only imagine how much worse it could have been if my child had found the thumbtack. It looks great but STAY AWAY.
on June 9, 2016
Fantastic cot, hard wearing and so well made. Very solid and high quality. I've loved the practicality of having something which will fit into any space and when baby was small we would wheel her into our room if she had a difficult night. This is my second child and can't recommend the product enough. She is still happily sleeping in this little bed and is 21 months! We haven't changed her yet because she is still sleeping so happily in it.. She is an average healthy sized baby.i purchased a different brand ( expensive cot bed) for my first child and this didn't last as long as this little cot. I am putting it in the spare room when she finally finishes with it for guests to use or when friends babies come for the day. I believe the smaller space has helped my baby sleep securely with no sleep issues at all. I found with a larger cot my son would bang his head from jumping all over it. This little space is cosy and appears to have a secure calming effect rather than acting like a giant play pen! I would be surprised if anyone didn't love this product.
on February 4, 2015
I live in a small apartment and this crib was perfect. My baby is now 4 months old and he fits perfectly in it. I guess we'll see once he is bigger :)
on June 5, 2015
I like the Bloom Mini Folding Crib but it arrived with chipped paint on one end of the crib. There are scratches on the wood and the paint is flaking off in that area. This probably happened during shipping, but, I have an expensive mini crib that is far from perfect. Very disappointing.
on October 27, 2013
2 stars for portability and a modern look...however, my baby loves to kick and move, and I've found her on many occassions jammed up against the side rails. At 3 months, she is almost too long for the crib. Not worth it.
on January 14, 2016
This is truly a great product for small apartment in New York! Modern, stylish and great color! You can move the crib from nursery room to living room as alma mini has wheels on and the size is small enough to go through the doors which is one of the great features.

When we have guests around, we can fold the crib up to store it in the closet. Absolutely love it!