5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from extremely under-rated band
Published on May 15, 2005 by W. Jarkousky

3.0 out of 5 stars Blow My Fuse
A very good Cd, but I was a little disappointed. If you have to make a choice get the self titled first CD or the Kix Essentials CD. If you are just a big fan of Kix then of course add it to your collection.
Published on August 28, 2012 by Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from extremely under-rated band, May 15, 2005
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
I loved this CD when it came out in 1989. That was the first time I have even heard of the band and the only reason I did is because of the power ballad "Don't Close Your Eyes" A great song and the bands only top 40 hit. The whole damn CD rocks! Now I know that these guys were not the most original band to ever come along, but there can really only be one original, so who really cares. Do you really think Warrant, or 3 Doors Down are original? No and they sold millions. If you give a listen, you'll see how tight the band plays and how well the songs are writen.

Fast-forward to 1995. I was lucky enough to play baseball in the hometown of KIX, Hagerstown, MD. I saw they were still reveered in their hometown with the release of their new Album. I was even lucky enough to see them live. And what a live show. Maybe one of the best live bands ever, or atleast that I ever seen. The sad part is that the band broke up shortly after that tour

Fast-forward 2004. almost 10 years later the band re-united for a few shows in PA and MD. Once again, I was luck enough to see them play. 10 years later and they haven't lost a step.

This record is the bands best and the band maybe the most under-rated of all-time. Buy this and if you agree that it is as good as I say don't be afraid to go after everything the band recorded(ok, maybe stay away from cool kids)you won't be sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars A good album from an underrated band, October 21, 2003
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
Kix would have made it in the 80's metal scene, had they not been ripped off by Poison. Kix formed in the late 70's, and were a popular club band in Maryland. Bret Michaels and Poison were big fans, and often went to see them play in the clubs. Later, Poison moved to L.A., and made a name for themselves using Kix's stage show. They copied Kix's show in every detail. As you well know, Poison went on to be one of the worlds biggest hard rock bands, and Kix struggled through the rest of the 80's, before falling into obscurity. They did have a short moment in the sun in 1988, with this, their best selling album. It is an above average hard rock album, from a veteran group. Kix should have been one of the big groups of the 1980's, but they were often in the shadow of less talented bands. If you like classic hard rock and metal from the 70's and 80's, you'll like this album, and the rest of Kix's catalog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a Favorite, April 20, 2004
Cyndie "hair metal maiden" (Savannah, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
A great release from an under-rated band. I had the good fortune to see Kix live many times as I lived in the VA/DC/MD area. If you are looking for a CD that is guaranteed to get you back into the "hair band crank it up and let's party" mood, Blow My Fuse is an excellent choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kix Rox!, July 20, 2000
Delton Grassmid (Grand Rapids, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
In my opinion this is one of the greatest hard rock albums of all time. You can put it in and listen to it from begining to end, the songs are just to good to skip. You my not know most of these songs but they are worth a listen. I would call this one a must have for a hard rock fan of any era. Kix, we need you guys to get back together and help bring straight ahead rock'n'roll back to the forefront.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar-driven sleaze rock, June 28, 2006
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
In listening to the history of Kix, from the Shooz to the Generators, this album is a bit of a musical departure for the band. Missing are the tongue-in-cheek euphemisms and naughty wordplay that is Kix's mantra. The band really cuts their teeth on edgy, gritty songs such as "Get it While it's Hot" and "Don't Close Your Eyes" (a HAVE TO HAVE ballad). You can't go wrong with this disc!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hard rock band, February 28, 2003
mbj (MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
This is one of KIX's best known albums. Kix's lead singer, Steve Whiteman, now has a new band named Funny Money which plays the MD, PA, VA area. funnymoneyband . com They do a fair number of Kix covers along with their new material. KIX is now doing periodic reunion shows with 4 of the 5 original memebers, including Steve Whiteman. Fantastic live band!

5.0 out of 5 stars This band ROCKS and so does this cd!, February 25, 2006
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
While stationed in Japan a friend gave me a copied cassette version of this album/cd. Althought the release date is 1989, I had it in 1987?? Not sure how, he said he had a friend in the band. From the first time I listened to it I was hooked. After returning to the states in NC, I had the chance to see them live at The Attic in Greenville in 1988. What a show!! This album still ranks as a must have kick @ss disc for those of us that grew up in the era of hair metal and R&R. BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must!, July 1, 2005
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
Kix made the best pure rock & roll record of their careers with Blow My Fuse. I don't understand why this album would be excluded from any fan of hard rock or metal. Song to song the album just smokes. The smoker "Red Light, Green Light" just blasts wonderfully so... I can't imagine anyone not instantly liking "Cold Blood" or "Don't Close Your Eyes" for they have memorable hooks. Kix at this point in time were better than ACDC but never got the recognition they deserved. This band has a very influenced sound but Bon's influence of fun and entertainment. Steve is an excellent vocalist in this genre and if you don't know Kix this their best effort overall nothing they did after or previously came close. Highly recommended listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars What you always wanted in 80s Rock, October 27, 2005
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
If you're looking for an original album or sound, this isn't where you'll find it. What you will find is a solid 80s rock album of the same caliber as Poison's "Open up and say aaaaah" KIX doesn't experiment with anything new, but rather serves up a perfect version of what so many 80s bands were always trying to do. All of the tracks seriously rock. Not many other bands were ever able to keep up the intensity for 10 tracks without repeating themselves.

Often when I am listening to other bands from the era, I question some of the decisions they made recording the album. I wouldn't change a single note in "Blow my fuse" Its perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets!!, January 26, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Blow My Fuse (Audio CD)
"Blow my fuse"..gives the listener just what they wanted to hear..straight-adhead testostrone driven party rock'n roll. This album brings to a head what the band was all about..with titles like "Piece of the pie" and "Dropped me the bomb"...with influnces from AC/DC and Def Leppard to name a few..these guys knew how to write songs that just made you want to throw a party...

Blow My Fuse
Blow My Fuse by Kix (Audio CD - 1990)
Rate and Discover Movies