Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2012 12:24:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2012 12:25:38 AM PDT
Are you afraid of picking up Disney's BD release because it has dubtitles instead of properly timed literal subtitles and for not having the rescored dub? If so, don't despair! There still may be a chance we can get Disney to rectify this situation. According to ManicSounds on blu-ray.com....

http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/Contact_Us.html

Just write in there that the "Castle In The Sky" has an incorrect English subtitle track and the rescored 5.1 audio track is missing, and you would like to have them rectify the problem.

For those of you who are doubting whether this will work, keep in mind that when Disney issued Pinocchio on Blu-Ray, buyers noticed some lines that were inexplicably missing from the audio track: (During the "Give a Little Whistle" song, Jiminy Cricket's "Right!" and later on, "Look out, Pinoke!") Disney complied, and they issued out replacements. Perhaps we can convince Disney to do the same with Castle in the Sky.

Posted on May 23, 2012 8:04:29 AM PDT
Mohd Jafar says:
The lack of proper subs on this release is apalling and unacceptable. I have already sent an e-mail. They better correct it and issue a replacement. This release deserved a little more respect and care than what it got.

Posted on May 24, 2012 8:31:24 PM PDT
Nathan Hale says:
Thanks for the link, OP. I've sent a message too.

Posted on May 25, 2012 4:19:30 PM PDT
S. Plewe says:
Me three. I really hope they comply.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 6:28:35 PM PDT
AO says:
My complaint has been sent. Miyazaki's films deserve better!

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:09:49 AM PDT
Mohd Jafar says:
It was certainly not hard to add a couple of audio tracks and subs on this release, making everyone happy. Well, only if they had paid a little more attention and care.

About time they fixed the problems on this faulty release and reissued it, giving the kind of respect and treatment it always deserved.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:40:57 AM PDT
S. Plewe says:
Okay, it seems like Disney isn't as responsive as they say they are, since I sent my first complaint over a week ago and haven't received a response about it within two business days, like they said. Nontheless, I just sent another one which I should receive by Wednesday night, but I'm having doubts as to if they actually do respond to those things. Anyone else get a response to their complaint?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 11:27:36 PM PDT
Well, it wouldn't hurt to try again.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 11:21:59 AM PDT
S. Plewe says:
After receiving no response to my two emails, I decided to call Disney Studios directly (using the phone number on the page in the above link) and tell them the situation myself. Thankfully, they had a convincing response, though it's not great news. They told me that they are fully aware of the subtitle problem and are looking into it, but have still yet to find a solution for it. They concluded by saying that if they had new information (perhaps including fixing of the subtitles?) they would contact me back. Fingers crossed!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 9:13:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 1:35:10 PM PDT
Mohd Jafar says:
Well, they did reply to my mail, telling me to use the "English ESL" subtitles with the Japanese track. When I wrote back saying that the ESL Subs were just another version of the English dubscript and NOT the literal translation of Japanese track, they informed me that they will forward my mail to the concerned department.

Glad you took the time out and called them up. I hope more and more people will do the same. The folks at Disney need to realise that they have goofed up and put out a faulty release of a Ghibli classic, which is insulting and unacceptable.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 12:13:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 12:15:25 PM PDT
Brian says:
What is it with Disney and changing things? First, ALL of Their remasters have an annoying red saturation. Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin are terrible. Belle's horse is pink.

2nd: You'd think they learned anything when They got called out a couple years ago when they released Spirited Away on DVD overseas with bad colors. They tried to say there wasn't an issue, until they were sued... then, Magically it was recalled and then corrected in time for the US release. Then all was well.

Now they're pulling the same crap again. I noticed the color change with the blu release of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and now they are messing with the other aspects. They need to stop. For the price they are charging they should hire professionals who know how to remaster or send them all to Sony to have them do it...they seem to have the process down.

Meanwhile...not to sound like a commercial, but at this point, Disney has forced me to constantly check with Blu-ray.com reviews for info and such....BEFORE I make any purchases.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa50b8ccc)

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  May 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Castle in the Sky (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Castle in the Sky (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) by James Van Der Beek (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (395)