Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2011 2:57:53 PM PST
I ordered this over five months ago, and it was listed even before that. Why does "The Birds" blu-ray not even have a release date yet? And not only that, but why is Amazon still selling it?

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 2:01:53 PM PST
I ordered this in November of 2010...that's not a typo...2010. I'm glad they aren't rushing it, as this one deserves to be a quality disc, but why would Universal even announce it, when they obviously, weren't even close to getting this out? I guess we'll just have to be patient, and I hope it's worth the wait. I really think the studio dropped the ball on keeping everyone in the loop who preordered. At least Amazon sends a friendly reminder, stating they are still waiting for a release date. I don't think I'll pre-order anything other than a new release from Universal again, as they haven't said "squat: about this since 2010.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 8:32:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 4:21:50 PM PDT
It's kind of funny that I alternately get e-mails from Amazon 1) recommending this Blu-Ray as a purchase and 2) explaining (apologizing?) that they still don't have it in stock. Really the only reason I'm keeping this on order is because I had Amazon Prime at the time of the order but do not anymore. I agree that Universal has really been lax on releasing any news on the status of this release, but oddly there doesn't even seem to be any recent discussion about it anywhere online.

I just e-mailed Universal Studios to inquire about the status and will post again if I get any kind of meaningful explanation.

UPDATE: Universal's (non-) response of 3/12/2012:

Dear Mr. Wourenmaa,

Thank you for contacting us.

No plans have been announced for the Blu-ray release of "The Birds." Many factors influence the timing and content of our releases. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

For a listing of upcoming releases, please check our website periodically at: You might also wish to subscribe to our online newsletter for product announcements at

We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Consumer Relations

Well, I've had enough. Time to cancel this one!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 5:59:12 PM PDT
J. Costa says:
Good work Jerald with contacting Universal Home Entertainment. I too have been waiting over 2 yrs for the Blu-ray version. This movie creaped me out as a kid and can not wait to see it on Blu-ray and a quality sound system.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about