Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2007 12:00:18 PM PST
I got The Italian Job on BRD. put it in my PS3 and its all fuzzy. i mean you can clearly see the picture but something isnt right. I see on the back it is copy resistant and i dont know if the PS3 is triggering this function. Anyone have any idea?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2008 9:15:37 AM PST
The PS3 should play Blu-ray Discs just as well as other Blu-ray Disc players. If the picture is fuzzy when playing it on the PS3, then chances are, it's a problem with the disc, not the hardware.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2008 8:21:12 PM PDT
I too have the same issue. I threw in PotC, a stunning disc and everything was fine. A little research yields the info that this is one of the 1st gen discs where MPEG2 was used for encoding instead of the far superior VC-1 or H.264 codecs. Although I have tested my other discs that are supposedly MPEG2 and while they exhibit graininess, which can be normal depending on the source quality, they did not exhibit the extreme artifacting that I saw in Italian Job. I am chalking this one up to a very bad transfer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2008 9:56:44 PM PDT
Jake says:
I can vouch for this - the Blu-ray and HD DVD versions of 'The Italian Job' both look pretty awful compared to most any other high-def release. Watery, washed-out colors and a pretty low level of detail all around. It's just the transfer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions