Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Die Another Day [Blu-ray] forum

Blu Ray region code

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 25, 2008 6:53:20 AM PDT
I live in Brazil/Soth America. My understanding is that tge region in blu ray are different from those in DVD and, regarding bluray, USA and Brazil are in the same region (1). Am I correct?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 7:59:55 AM PDT
Christopher says:
There are 3 regions in Blu-ray, though it is not necessary for a blu-ray disc to be region locked (many so far are region free).

Region A: Americas; East and Southeast Asia; U.S. territories; Bermuda.

Region B: Africa, Europe, Oceania; Middle East; Kingdom of the Netherlands; British overseas territories, French territories; Greenland.

Region C: Central and South Asia; Mongolia, Russia, and People's Republic of China.

So, you are correct in that the U.S. and Brazil share the same region.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 12:32:32 PM PDT
Please, I have still the doubt why in many bluray disks that you sell is stated that they are specific for region 1 and it is written (US and Canada).
Thanks for your help, Sergio

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 5:04:11 PM PDT
Here's a rough breakout of the regions: Region 1 - US and Canada. Region 2 - Europe, Japan, Middle East. Region 3 - Far East (except China). Region 4 - Australia, New Zealand, Latin America. Region 5 - Former USSR, Indian subcontinent. Region 6 - China. (Note: These regions are for regular DVDs. Blu-ray has its own region codes, but the idea is similar. HD DVD does not use region codes.)
I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 10:25:29 PM PDT
Still the same doubt. I think that many Blu Ray Disks advertised in your site are WRONG about the region code definition. Example:
The Ruins (Unrated Edition) [Blu-ray] (2008)
Product Details
Actors: Jonathan Tucker, Jena Malone, Laura Ramsey, Shawn Ashmore, Joe Anderson (VI)
Directors: Carter Smith (VII)
Format: AC-3, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, Subtitled, Widescreen
Language: English, Spanish
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.) If it is a Blu Ray why it is written US and Canada Only?
Many others Blu Ray disks in your site are described are Region 1 - US and Canada only.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2008 5:52:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2008 5:52:59 PM PDT
Kami Amaya says:
"Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only" Yeah amazon needs to fix that and start using A/B/C/Region Free for Blu-rays.

But if you click where it says "Read more about DVD formats" you see that for Blu-ray

* A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
* B/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
* C/3: India, Nepal, Mainland China, Russia, Central and South Asia.

And wiki has a nice map if you want to check it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Blu-ray_regions_without_key.svg

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 2:45:55 PM PDT
SD_Omega says:
Hey guys your missing the real point here!!!!
Living in Australia I used to buy most of my Blueray here. Espescially as old movies, but new to blueray where not region coded.
But now HD is gone all new realease Bluerays here on AMazon US are shown as America etc. Even the old titles that even Sony agreed if over a year since it's release would not be region coded.
So I cant buy my bluerays' here anymore.
Either the movie houses are as usual making it hard for everyone,
or
Amazon, list them as region coded when they are not.

Whant to take a bet as which is correct!!!

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 10:22:30 AM PST
A Parkin says:
I also live in Brazil now. I have an interesting dilema. I bought a copy of 2012 which according to the case was Region A,B and C. In other words it is supposedly region free. It worked on my UK Sony PS3, but not on my laptop which has a Region A BluRay drive. Last weekend I purchased a really old film, Beatles - A Hard Days Night. This also is supposed to be Region A, B and C. This time it plays on my laptop but not on the Sony PS3. I brought a large collection of Blu Ray disks from the UK with a mix of Region B, region B,C and region A,B,C and all work correctly on both the Laptop and the PS3. I am suspecting the region coding is not as well defined on Blu Ray as it is on DVD. Has anyone else had any experience of this type of problem.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 5:54:46 PM PDT
Some of your Region free bluray stated format in PAL,does it means that Malaysia region free bluray player cant play this type of blurays?

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 4:17:02 PM PDT
P J says:
i see when searching for a movie ,it will say at the main screen REGION FREE ,but scroll down the region changes to B/2 What the hell is B/2, and why does it change ....these people whom are advertising need to do their homework and need to be more specific

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 2:08:45 AM PDT
Michael Bell says:
Why will a B2 region blu-ray DVD will not play on a multi regional blue ray DVD player.?

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2014 5:07:47 PM PDT
Japanzie says:
If a B2 Blu Ray doesn't play on a MULTI-region player, either the player is not really a multi-region player, or more likely, the Blu Ray disc is defective. Good luck with your issue. :)

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 2:39:07 PM PDT
D. Guay says:
How do I find out what "Region 21090 encoding" means and in what regions a blu-ray disc with that coding will play. Specifically, I'm trying to find out if a blu-ray disc with Region 21090 coding will play on my Samsung BD-H6500 3D Smart Blu-ray Disc Player purchased from Amazon here in the USA.

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 4:58:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2015 4:59:00 AM PST
Use this site.....

Birdman and Nightcrawler are advertised as region A only on Amazon.... but they are region free

http://www.blu-ray.com

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 6:57:34 PM PDT
I live in New York what Blu-ray region am I in ?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2016 7:25:47 PM PDT
D. Guay says:
You and everyone in the following regions is in region A:

East Asia (except Mainland China and Mongolia), Southeast Asia, North America, South America and their dependencies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions