Customer Discussions > Fringe: Season 2 forum

Blu-Ray vs. Regular Fringe DVDs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 2, 2010 11:14:35 PM PDT
Pat Thurman says:
I just watched first season DVD in blu-ray. I want to pre-order the second season but am unsure whether blu-ray or regular DVD is better. I just want the same picture quality that I saw when watching Fringe on my HD TV at home. The blu-ray DVD I got seems to show too much detail, like actor's skin imperfection, that I don't want to see! However I'm not sure if the regular DVD will give me the same picture quality as what i saw on HD TV. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 10:55:18 AM PDT
FinChase says:
I actually have both versions. I was able to pick up the standard DVDs last winter when a store had them on sell for $10 for the whole set. I prefer the blu-ray because I really love the incredible sharpness, and I don't mind if things like actors' skin imperfections show up. You see that in HD also. However, I will say that the standard DVD set looks very good, so I doubt you'll be disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 1:54:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2010 1:55:18 PM PDT
Jocaju says:
Really? After watching blu-ray for 3 years, I can't go back to DVD. I don't mind the visual imperfections on actors, but I do mind scenes that shows flaws, like on Lost season 1 & 2 were quite a few, for example when Locke and Michael was trying to save Walter from the bear, we could clearly see a line next to their hip, they did blurred the line, it was invisible on DVD, but the first time I watched on blu-ray I saw it. But we have to keep in mind that Lost Season 1 & 2 wasn't made with blu-ray (or HD?) in mind. But Fringe season 1 on blu-ray was phenomenal and I can't wait for season 2 also on Blu-ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2010 8:14:16 AM PDT
Wayne Klein says:
"Lost" was always shot in HD with the eventual thought to have it seen that way.

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 6:10:20 PM PDT
blu ray looks so much better to me.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 11:48:15 PM PST
how is this even being discussed? There is nothing subjective about blu ray vs DVD. 1080p is superior 100% of the time. Ive seen some poorly transferred blu rays but, in no instance was the dvd counterpart ever visually or sonically superior to the blu ray. Go with fringe on blu ray if the price is not prohibitive.

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 12:36:53 AM PST
T. Mathis says:
Does the Blu Ray Version of season 2 include the "unearthed" episode? It's not included in the special features section on the item page but is mentioned in the description.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2010 5:29:06 PM PST
EZstaples says:
So glad you asked that question. I had bought the first season on DVD, then I got the Blu-ray version-I am sorry to say this but the Blu-ray menu is very difficult to manage. It looks good, but it is not easy to access what you want to see. The DVD version is simple and it is very easy to manage the menus, and it looks ALMOST as good as the Blu-ray version. Tough call, glad to help though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fringe: Season 2 forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 2, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fringe: Season 2
Fringe: Season 2 by Anna Torv (DVD - 2010)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (1,794)