Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Casablanca forum

Blu-Ray

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2008 5:19:35 PM PST
How is the Blu-ray edition of Casablance, is it worth spending $40.00 on?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 8:39:41 AM PDT
Ryan Agadoni says:
From the reviews I've read, it's outstanding: excellent picture and audio quality and a wealth of extras. Unfortunately, Warner decided to throw in a bunch of knick-knacks and raise the price $20-$30, so it's not worth it to me yet. If they release the disc by itself without the luggage tags, lobby cards and whatever else, I'll definitely pick that up.

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 3:49:01 PM PDT
William says:
what does full dub sub mean?

Posted on Nov 11, 2009 6:16:26 AM PST
I agree, how about a standard 2 disc edition without all of the junk that will fit on my DVD shelf at a reasonable price?

Posted on Nov 12, 2009 9:34:53 PM PST
J,
I just got the single Blu-ray disc, and although the picture is pristine, it seems to have some lip-syncing problems. I also own the "two-disc special edition" and although the picture is a hair softer, there is less of a lip-sync issue. If you don't own the movie, I'd recommend that you buy the "two-disc (non blu-ray) special edition". [Plus it costs less than nine bucks on Amazon].

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2009 5:26:06 AM PST
Yeah, I heard that the original single-disk blu ray had some issues and that is why they discontinued it. I already have the standard DVD and I'm looking for a blu ray quality picture. I heard that the Collector's Edition is great but I don't want to pay $40 for a box of useless stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2009 12:23:15 PM PST
Mike,
I was told that the single-disc blu-ray version of Casablanca was the same as that in the box set.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2009 12:25:38 PM PST
Well, that is an even better reason not to pay $40 for it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2009 12:44:48 PM PST
William,
My guess would be that "full dub" means that the film is dubbed, and "sub" would mean that there are subtitles. As far as Casablanca is concerned this issue would not seem to matter to those of us who speak and understand English.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Casablanca forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Casablanca [VHS]
Casablanca [VHS] by Humphrey Bogart (VHS Tape - 2001)
4.7 out of 5 stars (2,519)