5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Doss delievers another excellent cd, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Blu Transition (Audio CD)
i'm so glad she is back, cause I have always loved her mellow voice, and her neo soul vibe, the cd probably wont appeal to the younger generation, but I really loved it...so if you lookin for a mellow ..chill...laid back cd...look no farther cause Conya Doss can deliever...Excellent!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars What I Expected, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Blu Transition (MP3 Music)
I am a big fan of Conya's music and I must say that I'm not disappointed with this project but I really was expecting to hear her real soul that she expressed in her previous projects. I do hear some Mica Paris in this project and that is meant in a very complimentary manner. I still will highly recommend this cd. Doorock Charlotte, N.C.

5.0 out of 5 stars " BLU TRANSITION ", August 14, 2014
This review is from: Blu Transition (Audio CD)
On her 2008 album Still, Conya Doss displayed her skill at drenching nu-soul music with a classic soul sensibility. She's always had a way with a lyric, while her delivery made honesty and earnestness sound sensual. Still had songs "Common Ground," "Come Over" and "Let Me Love You" that fit in nicely on urban adult stations and the underground soul music rightly celebrated the disc.

Doss is an educator - she works as a teacher in Cleveland when she's not entertaining us - so she's not trained to be cowed or discouraged that some of her students would rather pass notes or sleep than hear heartfelt and life-affirming lessons. But, it is her largely adult audience that appreciates her body of work, and that audience will appreciate her triumphant return with her new album, Blu Transition.

Blu Transition differs from Still in that the latest work has a more classic sound. Doss appears to have drawn her inspiration from that rawer and more soulful sound that listeners heard on the radio in the 1970s. The modern flourishes found in youth-oriented R&B and hip-hop won't be heard on Blu Transition. Instead, Doss opts for a sound that owes a great deal to that time when instrumentalists and vocalists met in the same studio and recorded music that was played on those old analog instruments. That gives Blu Transition a big sound.

And, while there are some differences between Blu Transition and Doss's earlier work, there are some big similarities. Both are distinguished by their honesty. Doss always does what any singer who addresses the affairs of the heart should try to do: let the listener in. When she sings about fully making a commitment to her soul mate - as she does on "All In You" - the listener willingly suspends disbelief. When Doss expresses exasperation with an immature and indecisive suitor on the funky up-tempo track "You're Not Ready," the listener feels her frustration. The disc features several tracks that could be embraced by mainstream radio if they had the mind to listen, most notably "Wi Fi," a great song that recreates the feeling that fellow Ohioan Roger Troutman evoked on his song "Computer Love."

Blu Transition is a record for the longtime Doss fans. And, her long track record of making quality music has caused that mostly underground fan club to continue growing. And that growth will likely continue with Doss's own musical growth, as Blu Transition constitutes yet another impressive effort by one of alternative soul's most dependable artists.

4.0 out of 5 stars Conya's 5th Studio Album!!!, October 27, 2010
This review is from: Blu Transition (MP3 Music)
First of all, I am a HUGE Conya Doss fan :-) As always, her voice is absolutely amazing. But it took a couple of run throughs for me to fall in love with this one, normally the moment I start playing it I'm in love. My favs are All in you, Friends, Pointless, and Wi-Fi. I still think Just Because is her #1 Album with Still in a close 2nd, but even if she sang the alphabet I'm a fan, she's just that dope!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Blu Transition (Audio CD)
If you wish to have a nice neo soul sound, I would definitely recommend Conya Doss's CD. I believe that you will hear more about her in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Blu Transition (Audio CD)
I love it. The music is great and I have reviewed at least 5 songs that I really like off this CD. I look forward to getting more music from this artist, but first I have to sample first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome CD, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Blu Transition (Audio CD)
This CD as well as each and every one of Conya Doss's CD's sold on Amazon are just awsome. This lady is truly talented and blessed. You will love this CD and all of her CD's from beginning to end. Her CD's are my best buy of the year in music and I do not know how I went so long only owning one of her CD's previously. Bottom line is I ordered every available CD by her on Amazon and that is how talented she is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slept on, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Blu Transition (MP3 Music)
By far, the most slept on artist out there. This Neo-Soul queen always deliver. Always talking about love, something that is missing nowadays. Grown folks music at it's best!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSIVE, October 19, 2010
Tammy (Montreal, Quebec) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blu Transition (MP3 Music)
Great delivery! I can hear the struggles and triumphs in her voice. It grows on you more and more. Standouts are:

Never Be The Same

Celebrate

Wi-fi

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS NOW!!!!!, December 15, 2010
Anthony Redus (lawton, oklahoma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blu Transition (Audio CD)
THIS MIGHT BE THE BEST CD I HAVE EVER GOTTEN, FOR REAL! IT'S ABOUT THE HAPPINESS OF NEW LOVE AND THE SADNESS OF LOVE THAT USE TO BE, EACH SONG OUT DOES THE OTHER ONE IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL WAY, SOME OF THEM WILL ALMOST BRING TEARS TO YOUR EYES HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY SOUND, I GET HOME FROM WORK AND WILL SAT IN THE CAR IN THE DRIVEWAY LISTENING TO THIS CD, GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT, HAS BROUGHT TWO FOR OTHER PEOPLE, THIS CD IS A GROWN FOLKS CD, YOUR KIDS WILL NOT HAVE IT, BUT THEY WOULD WANT IT! LIKE I SAID, GET THIS! YOU BETTER ASK SOMEBODY!

Blu Transition
Blu Transition by Conya Doss (Audio CD - 2010)