Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > True Blood: Season 4 forum

Why can't I just buy the Blu-ray boxset WITHOUT DVD/Digital Copy included?:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2012 3:33:41 PM PDT
A. L. says:
This is ridiculous that can find DVD only boxset but only Blu-ray boxset included DVD and digital copy. I will never use DVDs and maybe, once or twice on an airplane might use the digital copy on my iPod, that's a big maybe though. It's stupid that I am being forced to pay for DVD and digital copy when all I want is the Blu-ray. The extra discs are nothing but a waste of space. Please release a blu-ray only boxset without the DVD/Digital Copy combo set being the only available option.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 6:42:35 PM PDT
Dave says:
I do agree with you on this post, however they priced it just as it would be for the standard Blu-ray. Last year when season 3 was released it was $34.99 on release week, and that's how much the HBO select set is / was. It went up in price now since the week is over. I don't know how much it'll go up now. However, the main thing is I agree with you. I'll never use the DVD's and I definitely will not need the digital copies. It is a waste of resources, but since it didn't cost any extra I didn't mind.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 11:12:03 PM PDT
G. Tafur says:
I think it's great that HBO is doing this! The price is NOT increased, and one can always give away their DVD and digital copy to someone who will use it, or just sell it. I hope "HBO Select" is here to stay, and they release all their future blu-ray box sets like that.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 10:45:07 AM PDT
Arg! says:
Yeah I would have to agree.The extra discs don't bother me that much...and getting it all for the same price, when you can loan out the DVDs, or just give them away to a friend...it's a good value.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:43:24 AM PDT
theTALLman says:
i dont like it as the previous seasons i have dont have them and i like my collections to be uniform.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 11:07:17 AM PDT
I want only the blu-ray copy and I will boycott anybody who refuses to offer this
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
True Blood: Season 4
True Blood: Season 4 by Anna Paquin (DVD - 2014)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,769)