Blu-ray interface is a slap in the face

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2012 2:16:49 PM PST
Did anybody else feel offended by this:

The whole point of digital home video media with chapter and title indexing is to let the viewer skip scenes, yet when I put this disk into my player, not only did it load REALLY SLOWLY between each title, but when the content finally started up, I was presented with a VERY LONG, UNSKIPPABLE menu introduction. Then, after the menu introduction finally ended, instead of proceeding immediately to the looping interactive menu, trailers for other films started playing, which couldn't be skipped by mashing the "menu" button on the remote, but only by hitting the "next chapter" button at each trailer. These trailers were preceded by the message, "Trailers for your MANDATORY viewing."

This was probably meant as a joke by the disk authors, referencing the culture depicted in the main feature, but it felt more like a big slap in the consumers' faces, what with first DVDs and now Blu-rays being plagued by unskippable trailers and idiotic menu transitions.

Why can't I just put a disk in, hit play, and straight away begin watching the feature presentation? That's why I bought the physical medium, after all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Dec 10, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hunger Games [2-Disc Blu-ray + Ultra-Violet Digital Copy]
The Hunger Games [2-Disc Blu-ray + Ultra-Violet Digital Copy] by Jennifer Lawrence (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (11,010)