Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2011 6:26:10 PM PDT
HOMER says:
Blu-ray won't play in samsung or PS3.

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 10:06:31 PM PDT
Jeff C. says:
I have tried 2 different Rio BR and both freeze on my PS3 for just a moment but very often.

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 9:14:04 AM PDT
Jeff C. says:
Looks like on the PS3 if you disable the internet it plays just fine.

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 10:44:12 AM PDT
M. Newman says:
Won't play in a Sony BDS-s570. The DVD works, but the Blu-Ray won't.

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 2:04:36 AM PDT
I was about to post a topic for the same thing. The dvd works, and so does the digital copy. But the blu-ray will keep playing the audio while the picture freezes VERY often. The ps3's up to date with everything, and I'm not even online while watching the movie. I'll send the manufacturer an email and see what's going on with Rio.

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 7:24:40 PM PDT
N. Hall says:
This problem has been happening to many people with this blu-ray. I have personally tried two copies on my PS3. They both do the same thing: there are constant pauses in the video. The workaround is to disable your internet, delete the Rio folder from the BD-Data folder, and restart the movie. It should work now. It appears that Fox incorrectly programmed the disc; buying a new copy won't help.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2011 10:16:10 PM PDT
Did you get a reply from Fox?

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 6:48:11 PM PDT
Still nothing. Their customer service is pretty bad based on my experiences. I emailed them about a digital copy code that wasn't valid (when I bought a brand new movie that had just come out), and they never replied...I had to call them to get anything done about it. They really should have some way to fix this, like replace the discs or something since it's obviously a common problem.

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 4:52:23 PM PDT
Fox did send me a new copy, but this one still doesn't run on my Samsung. I've got the latest update on the player's firmware, and that doesn't help. Any ideas, anyone? dah

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 1:13:24 PM PST
wal_y_fipe says:
(PS3 Rio Blu-Ray Won't Play Fix)
On the PS3 I did the following....

1. PS3 Main Menu
2. Select Movie Menu
3. Select BD-Data Utility Sub menu
4. Look for RIO file
5. Press green "triangle" on control for more information
6. Select Delete
7. Confirm delete and wait
8. Return to movie menu
9. Select "Play" Rio Blu-Ray

After doing this the black screen that stayed in the screen (for up to 1 day, yes I let it sit for 24 hours), went away and playe now. I hope this works for some of you.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 1:20:36 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 21, 2012 1:21:02 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:54:05 AM PDT
HOMER says:
update:
Called fox on disc got a RMA, but guess what they are making me pay to return their bad disc to them?
What a piece of crap company.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 6:05:37 PM PST
Laura G. says:
We have a Sony BDV-T57 Blu-ray Home Theater and had the same problem. Went into settings to remove the internet connection and then it worked. REALLY irritating that we had to spend 30 minutes researching a problem on our "family movie night" to get a silly disc to work.

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 6:15:27 PM PST
Fabian R. says:
Same issue here with a Sony BDP-BX57. Bought and exchanged 3 copies before finally erasing the BD files on my player, resetting my router, and trying again. Worked like a charm! Definitely faulty coding on the disc.

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 8:00:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 11, 2014 8:11:01 AM PDT
homeowner10 says:
Just purchased this combo pack from walmart. Im using a FULLY UPDATED PS3 and I have tried disabling my internet, deleting the move from the BD-date sub menu and still black screen. i will let it sit like a previous suggestion posted. I really hope it works. Im so annoyed! Im going to call customer service regardless when they open this is ridiculous!

---Just Called Customer Service! Wow! Never in my life have I ever delt with the MOST UNHELPFUL customer service ever! Told me to try it in 2 blu ray players ( I DONT HAVE TWO ) she didn't care at all and said she won't do anything until i do that and then had to return it and blah blah blah and then send it in to them ( i have to pay postage ). Wow!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2014 4:10:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2014 4:11:44 AM PDT
wal_y_fipe says:
I suggest you do the following. Disconnect the PS3 from the Internet connection And watch the movie as normal. I do not know why, but the PS3 hangs if there is an internet connection and a movie that is blu-ray in need of update. After you are done with the movie, then you can try again. I know it happened to me with Star Trek: Into Darkness and Pacific Rim. Try it and let us know how it worked for you. I did call Sony and they were baffled about that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rio (Blu-ray/ DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Rio (Blu-ray/ DVD Combo + Digital Copy) by Jesse Eisenberg (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,452)